Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Another Macan problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 08:25 AM
Rolltide86
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will wait to see what explanation I get from PCNA. I understand shortages in certain things, but they should give customers a "heads-up" about that so that the customer can decide if a change is warranted. Fundamentally poor customer relations - instead of the basic "under promise and over deliver" they seem to think that "over promise and under deliver" is a good way to go. They are not communicating well with the dealers either.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:14 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 721 Likes on 391 Posts

Custom ordered my 2014 Cayman S and it arrived as ordered and early by about 3 weeks. I think the problems you guys are experiencing with the Macan are due in part to Porsche being caught a little flat footed. I've talked to two of my close friends who have worked for PCNA for years and both confirmed as did a friend of mine overseas stationed in Germany that Porsche over promised and underestimated the demand for the Macan. Europe is reporting EVERY car sold thru 2015 already and in the US they are saying almost they same with late Fall/early Winter deliveries IF you order now! Word down to them was that Porsche is over by about 30k their projected production capacity which they initially planned for the Macan and thus are having to re-think how to supply enough cars to meet the demand. Makes me glad I'll probably end up waiting for a 2015-2016 model when they maybe come out with the Macan GTS or Turbo S!
Old 06-23-2014, 03:37 AM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Custom ordered my 2014 Cayman S and it arrived as ordered and early by about 3 weeks. I think the problems you guys are experiencing with the Macan are due in part to Porsche being caught a little flat footed. I've talked to two of my close friends who have worked for PCNA for years and both confirmed as did a friend of mine overseas stationed in Germany that Porsche over promised and underestimated the demand for the Macan. Europe is reporting EVERY car sold thru 2015 already and in the US they are saying almost they same with late Fall/early Winter deliveries IF you order now! Word down to them was that Porsche is over by about 30k their projected production capacity which they initially planned for the Macan and thus are having to re-think how to supply enough cars to meet the demand. Makes me glad I'll probably end up waiting for a 2015-2016 model when they maybe come out with the Macan GTS or Turbo S!
Sometimes not being first is an advantage
Old 06-23-2014, 05:47 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I custom spec'd my Macan, it's perfect!
The clunk could be the incline hold feature, no?
Good luck, I'm sure they'll take care of it for you!
Old 06-24-2014, 03:51 PM
MAQ
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having a problem with my navigation on my Porsche Macan turbo. It thought the car was in the ocean always. Porsche replaced the antenna and it worked for 7 weeks, then the same problem occurred again. Now it's back to Porsche.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:38 PM
rpilot
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MAQ
I'm having a problem with my navigation on my Porsche Macan turbo. It thought the car was in the ocean always. Porsche replaced the antenna and it worked for 7 weeks, then the same problem occurred again. Now it's back to Porsche.
You might need to tone down those nights of drunken debauchery on your yacht. Your car knows where it is, even if you don't.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:05 PM
Rolltide86
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Heard back from PCNA today. They had no answers or even a logical explanation, and, quite frankly, didn't care. I don't trust any information they give at this point. Clearly not customer focused. Amazing way to treat customers (this is my 6th Porsche). Will never call PCNA again (waste of time) and at this point not even looking forward to the Macan coming in.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:18 PM
Buckfever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rolltide86
Heard back from PCNA today. They had no answers or even a logical explanation, and, quite frankly, didn't care. I don't trust any information they give at this point. Clearly not customer focused. Amazing way to treat customers (this is my 6th Porsche). Will never call PCNA again (waste of time) and at this point not even looking forward to the Macan coming in.
I'll be honest it's what I expected. I don't actually view PCNA as part of Porsche. I view it as sort of the drunk brother in law, that's always around, relatively harmless but not particularly useful. Unless you're out of beer in which case if you give him a 20 he'll run out and get the beer and pocket the change.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:44 PM
Rolltide86
Rennlist Member

Update - after 4 (uncommunicated) delays, it would appear that Hans and Franz actually got around to building my car. It got to the Emden port on Friday and a Brunswick bound ship got into Emden today. Hopefully the two will meet and have a brief but bonding relationship. If not, another delay.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:41 PM
Buckfever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rolltide86
Update - after 4 (uncommunicated) delays, it would appear that Hans and Franz actually got around to building my car. It got to the Emden port on Friday and a Brunswick bound ship got into Emden today. Hopefully the two will meet and have a brief but bonding relationship. If not, another delay.
Wow, I half expected you to report that PCNA contacted you to let you know that they decided not to build your car and cancelled your order. Instead this is very good news. Just when you thought it could only get worse, it gets better.

Quick Reply: Another Macan problem