Macan 2014-Current

Difficult Time Choosing a Color Combination

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 01:54 PM
antikantian
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difficult Time Choosing a Color Combination

Hi all, this is my first post on Rennlist. I put down a deposit on a Macan Turbo for May delivery, and I have until February 10th to finalize the options. The only thing I can't seem to decide on is the exterior/interior color.

Complicating my decision somewhat is the fact that the rear lip comes in black by default, and color-matching is not an option. For some reason, the contrast bothers me a bit, so I was thinking of going with jet black metallic. However, the interior leather colors are somewhat limited. The only viable option with jet black seems to be luxor beige, but that's the color combo of my current Cayenne, and I think the beige is a bit too yellow for my taste.

I'm thinking of having the rear lip painted at my dealer after it arrives. Do you think getting a good color match is possible? If so, I'm also thinking about agate grey metallic (with black or espresso interior), white (with espresso), or possibly palladium metallic. I've never seen palladium in person - what would be a good interior choice for that color?

Ideally I would want umber/light tartufo two-tone, but that's not an option yet!
Old 01-17-2014, 02:24 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,441 Likes on 2,248 Posts

Rhodium Silver/Agate then get the SS skid plates... f/r
Old 01-18-2014, 03:00 AM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Get it in midnight blue, the black lip will blend nicely.

get the two tone leather in red.

Live the adventure!
Old 01-19-2014, 11:26 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

would love a PTS option….. will this ever happen??
Old 02-07-2014, 08:19 PM
roule
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Ideal color depends on where the vehicle will be operated. How far are you from the equator? My recommendation is to go darker the closer you get to the poles.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:21 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
would love a PTS option….. will this ever happen??
me too but I dont think PAG offers PTS on anything other than 911, Boxster/Cayman and Pano???
Old 02-07-2014, 08:42 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
me too but I dont think PAG offers PTS on anything other than 911, Boxster/Cayman and Pano???
Not yet... But rumors are that from 2015 the Macan will also become available for PTS (just rumors, no confirmation). The Leipzig factory, where the Macan is built, now has also the same (highly expensive) hyper modern paint factory, like the one in Zuffenhausen. So... Let's hope those rumors are true.

Suzy (via iOS app)
Old 02-07-2014, 08:50 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Suzy991
Not yet... But rumors are that from 2015 the Macan will also become available for PTS (just rumors, no confirmation). The Leipzig factory, where the Macan is built, now has also the same (highly expensive) hyper modern paint factory, like the one in Zuffenhausen. So... Let's hope those rumors are true.

Suzy (via iOS app)
Yeah I saw that article that mentioned the new Leipzig paint and body shop ... I just wonder with 50,000 annual volume if they will have the time and inclination to offer PTS ...

I dont plan to ED my turbo until 5/15 so I will wait and see!
Old 02-07-2014, 08:56 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
Yeah I saw that article that mentioned the new Leipzig paint and body shop ... I just wonder with 50,000 annual volume if they will have the time and inclination to offer PTS ... I dont plan to ED my turbo until 5/15 so I will wait and see!
Well, Audi, BMW and even VW offer custom paint on their mainstream vehicles (even a "simple" Golf 1.2TFSI can be ordered in many, many custom colors, at least in germany), so I guess that won't be a problem. Although I'll admit that Porsche is as flexible as a Swiss mountian when it comes to PTS....

Suzy (via iOS app)
Old 02-07-2014, 09:05 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Well, Audi, BMW and even VW offer custom paint on their mainstream vehicles (even a "simple" Golf 1.2TFSI can be ordered in many, many custom colors, at least in germany), so I guess that won't be a problem. Although I'll admit that Porsche is as flexible as a Swiss mountian when it comes to PTS....

Suzy (via iOS app)
I think thats unique to Germany or at least EU ... I *think* BMW Individual is available in the U.S but not sure about exterior color ... having said that our local BMW dealer had a "Speed Yellow" M3 for sale a while back ... perhaps its just not as common ...
Old 02-07-2014, 10:07 PM
sebis
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Suzy (via iOS app)
Hey Suzy, amy more news/rumors on Sapphire Blue, still project to show up in the configurator in March?

What about other Exclusive options like red dials, etc.

TIA
Old 02-08-2014, 05:34 AM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sebis
Hey Suzy, amy more news/rumors on Sapphire Blue, still project to show up in the configurator in March? What about other Exclusive options like red dials, etc. TIA
There are various confirmations from dealerships that these options are not going to be introduced in week 10 (march), but month 10... My salesman confirmed this to me as well.
I wouldn't be surprised if some other oprions are being postponed as well. The Macan is in several countries, like Germany, already sold out for 2014, so no need for Porsche to hurry. At my dealership, all allocations for this year are sold out as well. According to my salesman, Porsche will gear up their production from 50,000 to 80'000 Macans next year.

Exclusive options will eventually come available for ordering, but not before the last quarter of this year.

Suzy (via iOS app)
Old 02-08-2014, 07:29 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Thanks Suzy!
Old 02-08-2014, 11:39 PM
sebis
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are various confirmations from dealerships that these options are not going to be introduced in week 10 (march), but month 10... My salesman confirmed this to me as well.
I wouldn't be surprised if some other oprions are being postponed as well. The Macan is in several countries, like Germany, already sold out for 2014, so no need for Porsche to hurry. At my dealership, all allocations for this year are sold out as well. According to my salesman, Porsche will gear up their production from 50,000 to 80'000 Macans next year.

Exclusive options will eventually come available for ordering, but not before the last quarter of this year.

Suzy (via iOS app)
Thanks. In regards with your remarks about being sold out in Europe, I guess it is due to the lower allocation, no such worries on this side of the pond. North America is Porsche's biggest market which explains it: 39,192 units sold in 2012 here.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:54 AM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sebis
Thanks. In regards with your remarks about being sold out in Europe, I guess it is due to the lower allocation, no such worries on this side of the pond. North America is Porsche's biggest market which explains it: 39,192 units sold in 2012 here.
Just for your info.... North America is not the biggest market. Europe still is, although the last couple of years, European sales of all manufacturers are suffering, due to the crisis.

In 2012 they sold 45,519 cars in Europe.
In 2013 they sold 44,423 cars in Europe, 42,323 in North America and 37,425 in China. So even with the crisis on the automotive market here in Europe they still sell more cars here.
U.S. dealerships normally have fewer allocations than common European dealerships (especially German ones). Remind you that Porsche has 3 Macan models here, with the Macan S diesel being the most popular in most European countries I think. (Not sure).

China is their most important and most expanding market though. Sales went 20% up last year and the only market where they already offer a 4-cil Macan from the beginning.

Suzy (via iOS app)

Quick Reply: Difficult Time Choosing a Color Combination