Notices
Macan 2014-Current

No oprtion for PDCC on the Macan, why?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 08:48 PM
dddd
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No oprtion for PDCC on the Macan, why?

Does anyone have any idea why PDCC isn't an option on the Macan? It seems that the Macan Turbo at 4.4 sec 0-60 you would want this capability...

I have PASM/AS, PDCC, PTV on my Cayenne S and the handling is incredible, amazing for any vehicle, yet alone the for one with the height/weight of the Cayennes... FWIW, for the Cayenne Turbo I believe all these options should be standard and/or I wouldn't get a Turbo without them... had I been able to test drive a turbo with PDCC, I would have gone with it, but I thought the turbos a drove with only PASM/AS was too much power/ too fast for the suspension/weight/height and could lead to trouble when spirited driving, which is the whole reason for buying a turbo
Old 01-10-2014, 10:16 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Probably small enough not to need it.

IMO, it's not a sports option, it's a luxury option. Think about it...it's designed to give you a comfortable ride, but still benefit handling. A full time sports suspension is better.

I had active anti roll bars on my BMW and hated them. Sure, the car handled flat, but it was totally artificial.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:31 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 422 Likes on 250 Posts
Question

I have PDCC on my Carrera 991 4S

isure is not a sport option or the Macan is small enough???
Old 01-11-2014, 11:36 AM
pmt
Advanced

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Probably small enough not to need it.

IMO, it's not a sports option, it's a luxury option. Think about it...it's designed to give you a comfortable ride, but still benefit handling. A full time sports suspension is better.

I had active anti roll bars on my BMW and hated them. Sure, the car handled flat, but it was totally artificial.
PDCC is there to control and limit the roll action of the body, so as to help the tires maintain proper camber and max adhesion in sharp turns. It does not have anything to do with luxury. The taller and heavier the vehicle, the more the benefit of this tech - the Macan is a perfect vehicle for this, and I hope this option is available soon, already!
Old 01-11-2014, 02:11 PM
dddd
Intermediate

Not sure I agree with 'needsdecafe' unless you talking about a 100% race car only but for any street or street/track vehicle. PDCC improves performance (handling) not just comfort. PDCC is a significant handling improvement in the Cayenne and 911. FWIW, 911 Turbo S comes standard with PDCC and is not an option on the 911 GT3.

Back to the original question, anybody know why or if PDCC will be available in the Macan, thanks.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:05 PM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,021 Likes on 545 Posts

If Porsche is marketing the Macan as a sports car, they should offer it.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:03 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,441 Likes on 2,248 Posts

Originally Posted by pmt
PDCC is there to control and limit the roll action of the body, so as to help the tires maintain proper camber and max adhesion in sharp turns. It does not have anything to do with luxury. The taller and heavier the vehicle, the more the benefit of this tech - the Macan is a perfect vehicle for this, and I hope this option is available soon, already!
I agree I dont understand why its not an option ... I wonder if Porsche plans to introduce this on a GTS positioned between the S and the Turbo???

would be a must have I think
Old 01-11-2014, 06:42 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe a Turbo S version is in the pipe.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:04 AM
-=Hot|Ice=-
Track Day

PDCC and LED headlights....But that's not going to stop me from ordering one.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:19 AM
-=Hot|Ice=-
Track Day

Originally Posted by speed21
Maybe a Turbo S version is in the pipe.
I'm sure it is, but the Turbo S variant for both the Panamera and the current gen Cayenne have been released when the car got the mid-cycle refresh....
Old 01-27-2014, 10:27 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

they will add it as an option later along with a number of additional options as the roll out matures a bit. i won't even consider ordering until PDCc is available.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:01 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the idea of a GTS is interesting. I wonder if theres enough "gap" b/w the S and the T to slot another model.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:24 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,441 Likes on 2,248 Posts

Originally Posted by kosmo
the idea of a GTS is interesting. I wonder if theres enough "gap" b/w the S and the T to slot another model.
My thoughts exactly - would probably be a trim option at best ...

Quick Reply: No oprtion for PDCC on the Macan, why?