Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Macan: Post Your preliminary build spec...

Old 01-09-2014, 06:40 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I would choose Zuffenhausen also, and its only around 15hrs travel time! Leipzig would be "worth it" if the track access were significant (like a PSDS course) but I am thinking that taking your new Porsche and instantly flogging it around the track is probably not what Porsche recommends as "breaking in" period!
Hahaha... Very true! But driving from the factory in Zuffenhausen, straight to the Autobahn to try and reach the topspeed isn't either what Porsche recommends as "breaking in" or is it?

Suzy (via iOS app)
Old 01-09-2014, 07:11 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,422 Likes on 2,237 Posts

Originally Posted by Suzy991
Hahaha... Very true! But driving from the factory in Zuffenhausen, straight to the Autobahn to try and reach the topspeed isn't either what Porsche recommends as "breaking in" or is it?

Suzy (via iOS app)
that's exactly what I did when I collected my 7.1 GT3 back in June of '07!

personally I want to do ED of a Macan Turbo S then take it to the Ring!!!
Old 01-10-2014, 08:46 AM
sand8
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would choose Zuffenhausen also, and its only around 15hrs travel time!

Leipzig would be "worth it" if the track access were significant (like a PSDS course) but I am thinking that taking your new Porsche and instantly flogging it around the track is probably not what Porsche recommends as "breaking in" period!
I don't think they allow you to take your new car to the track. They provide you with their own cars and you drive with instructor on both road and offroad courses. Only after that you will take delivery of your new car.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:57 PM
-=Hot|Ice=-
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you are most welcome; I have never done Leipzig ED but I have done Zuffenhausen and both the tour and the museum (plus lunch at Christophorus) are a must-do IMO...

Once the metallic sapphire blue becomes available I will be ordering a similar spec to yours for Zuffenhausen ED also!
Yay! We may run into each other! Are you ordering a turbo as well?
Old 01-13-2014, 04:02 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,422 Likes on 2,237 Posts

Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
Yay! We may run into each other! Are you ordering a turbo as well?
Yes but not until the sapphire blue metallic becomes available!
Old 01-13-2014, 04:33 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sand8
I don't think they allow you to take your new car to the track. They provide you with their own cars and you drive with instructor on both road and offroad courses. Only after that you will take delivery of your new car.
Our ED, we did Leipzig.
There is a great factory tour, same great food, small museum display.
The vehicle you drive on the track wasn't our Cayenne, but the same configuration.
Same on the off road track.
We got about 3 laps on the track and 2 laps on the off road.
You are accompanied by an instructor and can bring you significant other on both tracks.
We met a fellow at lunch who was visiting the track and had purchased some lap times in a 911 on the track. He seemed quite happy with this

We were told, if we made the trip to Zuffenhausen, we could do the factory tour and see the museum. Unfortunately we didn't have the time to do this last trip.
Maybe next ED
Old 01-13-2014, 07:44 PM
-=Hot|Ice=-
Track Day

Yes but not until the sapphire blue metallic becomes available!
You've got good taste my friend! I'm waiting on Sapphire Blue Metallic as well! We may have brother cars!
Old 01-14-2014, 02:23 PM
kewin92
Intermediate

Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
You've got good taste my friend! I'm waiting on Sapphire Blue Metallic as well! We may have brother cars!
unfortunately, today i saw official letter from porsche importer in Russia, it is said, that sapphire blue and impulse red. will be on configurator that spring, but production stars only from october 2014, yeah, that is month10, not week. sonnenporsche rennlist member was wright, in usa the same situation
Old 01-18-2014, 09:56 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here's what we ordered for my wife today:

Macan S
Agate Grey Metallic
Leather Package in Agate Grey
Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest
Steering Wheel Heating
Roof Rails in Black
Dark Walnut Interior Package
ParkAssist (Front and Rear) incl. Reversing Camera Lane Keep Assist (LKA) i.c.w. Lane Change Assist (LCA)
Adaptive Cruise Control incl. Porsche Active Safe (PAS)
Smoking Package
BOSE® Surround Sound System
20" RS Spyder Design Wheels
Exterior Package in Black (High-Gloss)
Automatically Dimming Mirrors
Power Seats (14-way) with Memory Package
Infotainment Package
Premium Package
Comfort Lighting Package
Porsche Crest on Headrests (Front)
SportDesign Side Skirts

May still add sport chrono for the occasional times I will drive it. Didn't bother with most of the performance options...she just won't work the car that hard.

Expecting delivery in mid-june
Old 01-20-2014, 12:44 AM
sebis
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is my preliminary build, waiting until March to place the order hoping for new options/colors.

Base price $49,900.00
Destination charge $995.00
Infotainment package PJ1 $2,990.00
Premium Package PJ2 $2,590.00
Exterior color: Agate Grey Metallic N0 $690.00
Leather Package in Agate Grey VG $1,740.00
Deletion of Model Designation 0NA $0.00
Exterior Package in Black (High-Gloss) QJ4 $230.00
Automatically Dimming Mirrors PA2 $0.00
ParkAssist (Front and Rear) incl. Reversing Camera 7X8 $0.00
Sport Chrono Package i.c.w. PCM QR5 $1,290.00
Air Suspension incl. Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) 1BK $2,745.00
20" RS Spyder Design Wheels CY3 $1,650.00
Seat Belts in Carrera Red FI2 $500.00
Sunblind for Rear Side Windows 3Y4 $250.00
Seat Ventilation (Front) 4D3 $660.00
Comfort Lighting Package PP8 $325.00
Smoking Package 9JB $0.00
Power Seats (14-way) incl. Memory Package PE5 $1,340.00
Seat Heating (Front) 4A3 $0.00
Total $67,895.00
Old 01-24-2014, 07:45 PM
jaznjun
7th Gear

I've been watching the site for years. This is my first post. I placed an order last wed. and I have never ordered a car from just seeing pictures. My wife thinks I'm crazy. I'm still debating whether to get the sport chrono. 1200 bucks for a clock and launch control seems kinda steep and unnecessary in an suv. I upgraded to the 20 inch rims but then my daily driver will probably need new shoes every 12- 15k miles,right? That's $1500 every year or so. The car looks just right with 20's but could probably get more miles from 19's. Should I swap out the wheels for sport chrono? They cost the same.That clock really looks nice sitting on the dash instead of a blank piece of plastic.

Just saw a video on the porsche site. A man pushes a button in a macan s and a tow hitch complete with ball and wire harness pops out from underneath the rear bumper. I ordered a tow hitch receiver without ball for a bicycle carrier. That pop out tow ball will not work for me. Anyone know if thats europe only or some special porsche tech accessory? Here's my build
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Scan 140240005.pdf (424.4 KB, 153 views)
Old 01-24-2014, 10:42 PM
AMGsound
Instructor

@jaznjun. Im not sure i understand why you'd get more tire lifetime with 19" vs 20" wheels?
Old 01-24-2014, 10:51 PM
AMGsound
Instructor

Id LOVE to do ED also and i think the Macan turbo would be a perfect fit for a family vacation in EU and enjoy a fantastic machine for "reasonable" $ (vs a cayenne gts?) on amazing EU roads...BUT, with 2 kids and a vacation that would last 2 weeks to make it worthwhile, how big is the trunk on this car/suv/sav??? I know the size of the trunk, but it doesnt tell me if MY luggages would fit.....! Cant wait to see the car @ dealer!!!!
Old 01-25-2014, 03:10 AM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jaznjun
I've been watching the site for years. This is my first post. I placed an order last wed. and I have never ordered a car from just seeing pictures. My wife thinks I'm crazy. I'm still debating whether to get the sport chrono. 1200 bucks for a clock and launch control seems kinda steep and unnecessary in an suv. I upgraded to the 20 inch rims but then my daily driver will probably need new shoes every 12- 15k miles,right? That's $1500 every year or so. The car looks just right with 20's but could probably get more miles from 19's. Should I swap out the wheels for sport chrono? They cost the same.That clock really looks nice sitting on the dash instead of a blank piece of plastic.

Just saw a video on the porsche site. A man pushes a button in a macan s and a tow hitch complete with ball and wire harness pops out from underneath the rear bumper. I ordered a tow hitch receiver without ball for a bicycle carrier. That pop out tow ball will not work for me. Anyone know if thats europe only or some special porsche tech accessory? Here's my build
If you are ordering the turbo, get the sport chrono. It will hurt you at resale if you don't. If you are ordering the S, it won't really affect resale. I just ordered an S for my wife, left off the sport chrono since she won't really put the car through its paces.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:49 AM
jaznjun
7th Gear

@jaznjun. Im not sure i understand why you'd get more tire lifetime with 19" vs 20" wheels?
I was going to get all season tires in 19' vs. summer tires in 20'.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Macan: Post Your preliminary build spec...