Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Macan: Post Your preliminary build spec...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kewin92
So if these options are available from march 2014, i think they will appear in Configurator a little bit earlier, maybe in february what do you think?
I'm thinking the same
Maybe even a bit earlier...

Suzy (via iOS app)
Old 12-16-2013, 03:33 PM
Macduff
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Macan Turbo - Base Price $72,300

Exterior Color N4 Dark Blue Metallic $690
Interior Color Leather Interior in Agate Grey/Pebble Grey $2140
Exterior 4F6 Porsche Entry & Drive $810
7X8 ParkAssist (Front and Rear) incl. Reversing Camera $1,460
PA2 Automatically Dimming Mirrors $420
VW5 Thermal and Noise Insulating Privacy Glass $990
Performance 1BK Air Suspension incl. Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) $1,385
1Y1 Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus) $1,490
G1D Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) $0
QR5 Sport Chrono Package $1,290
Sport Tailpipes Exclusive $1,150
Wheels C7T 21" 911 Turbo Design Wheels $3,300
Wheel Accessories 1NP Wheel Center Caps with Full-Color Porsche Crest $185
Interior 3Y4 Sunblind for Rear Side Windows $250
4D3 Seat Ventilation (Front) $660
6A7 Fire Extinguisher $140
FI0 Seat Belts in Agate Grey Exclusive $500
PP8 Comfort Lighting Package (i.c.w. Memory Package) $325
Q1J Adaptive Sport Seats (18-way) incl. Memory Package $0
Interior Carbon Fiber 2FX Heated Multifunction Sport Steering Wheel in Carbon Fiber $365
5MH Carbon Fiber Interior Package $940
Audio and Communications 7G9 Porsche Car Connect $420
UN1 Online Services $210
Destination Charge - $995

Total Vehicle Price $92,415

I've included a few options that I'm hoping will appear soon. Also, I tried to replicate the options of the turbo launch-car interior, did I miss anything? One note, Porsche needs to fix the color of the car that comes up as "N4 - Dark Blue Metallic" in the configurator (that same color option code looks different for other models).

Last edited by Macduff; 12-23-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:44 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,443 Likes on 2,250 Posts

Originally Posted by Macduff
Macan Turbo - Base Price $72,300

Exterior Color N4 Dark Blue Metallic $690
Interior Color VL Leather Interior in Agate Grey/Pebble Grey $2140
Exterior 4F6 Porsche Entry & Drive $810
7X8 ParkAssist (Front and Rear) incl. Reversing Camera $1,460
PA2 Automatically Dimming Mirrors $420
VW5 Thermal and Noise Insulating Privacy Glass $990
Performance 1BK Air Suspension incl. Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) $1,385
1Y1 Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus) $1,490
G1D Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) $0
QR5 Sport Chrono Package $1,290
0P3 Sport Tailpipes Exclusive $1,150
Wheels C7T 21" 911 Turbo Design Wheels $3,300
Wheel Accessories 1NP Wheel Center Caps with Full-Color Porsche Crest $185
Interior 3Y4 Sunblind for Rear Side Windows $250
4D3 Seat Ventilation (Front) $660
6A7 Fire Extinguisher $140
FI0 Seat Belts in Agate Grey Exclusive $500
PP8 Comfort Lighting Package (i.c.w. Memory Package) $325
Q1J Adaptive Sport Seats (18-way) incl. Memory Package $0
Interior Carbon Fiber 2FX Heated Multifunction Sport Steering Wheel in Carbon Fiber $365
5MH Carbon Fiber Interior Package $940
Audio and Communications 7G9 Porsche Car Connect $420
UN1 Online Services $210
Destination Charge - $995

Total Vehicle Price $92,415

I've included a few options that I'm hoping will appear soon. Also, I tried to replicate the options of the turbo launch-car interior, did I miss anything? One note, Porsche needs to fix the color of the car that comes up as "N4 - Dark Blue Metallic" in the configurator (that same color option code looks different for other models).
pretty much what I specced, although I am waiting for the sapphire blue met (the color the L.A Macan S was rendered in)...

its a pretty sweet spec ... you should do factory delivery too!
Old 12-16-2013, 04:22 PM
Macduff
Instructor

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
pretty much what I specced, although I am waiting for the sapphire blue met (the color the L.A Macan S was rendered in)...

its a pretty sweet spec ... you should do factory delivery too!
Hah, I did notice that and I agree! I actually added the fire exinguisher, Porsche Car Connect, and Online Services after seeing your list, thanks! Good point on the factory delivery also, need to think that through some more, could be fun.

BTW, I am still on the fence about Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus, any thoughts on that?
Old 12-16-2013, 04:35 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Hah, I did notice that and I agree! I actually added the fire exinguisher, Porsche Car Connect, and Online Services after seeing your list, thanks! Good point on the factory delivery also, need to think that through some more, could be fun.

BTW, I am still on the fence about Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus, any thoughts on that?
I subsequently thought I would also add the Fire Ext, Online Svcs and Car Connect too!!!

If you are a Porsche-o-phile and you have never been to Zuffenhausen you MUST go! ... its a bucket list item ... factory tour, museum tour ... and a vacation in europe with your new Macan!!!

As for PTV+ if I was speccing a 991, Cayman or Boxster I would add PTV+ just because of the handling benefits of in-corner handling ... on an SUV its harder to say since I wonder how much harder such cars will be driven in the corners vs a sports car ...

If you plan to drive the snot out of it then I would probably add it ...

My personal goal is to beat the E92 M3s BtoG time at the Nordschleife so I will spec it on my Turbo!
Old 12-16-2013, 04:43 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

If you don't mind me chiming in, I have PTV+ on my 2011 Cayenne S and would recommend it on the Macan. Even if you're not pushing the car hard on track, you'll notice the sharp and responsive turn in into corners that PTV offers. Also, the "+" feature is significant as it gives you an electronic continuously variable limited slip differential which is much more effective than a regular mechanical LSD both for performance and on low traction surfaces.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:50 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
If you don't mind me chiming in, I have PTV+ on my 2011 Cayenne S and would recommend it on the Macan. Even if you're not pushing the car hard on track, you'll notice the sharp and responsive turn in into corners that PTV offers. Also, the "+" feature is significant as it gives you an electronic continuously variable limited slip differential which is much more effective than a regular mechanical LSD both for performance and on low traction surfaces.
Good point - I had forgotten about that aspect, makes it a "must have" I think over and above the better turn in et al...
Old 12-16-2013, 06:01 PM
Macduff
Instructor

Good point - I had forgotten about that aspect, makes it a "must have" I think over and above the better turn in et al...
This is officially on the list now (if it wasn't already), thank you both for the insight!
Old 12-16-2013, 06:07 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

This is officially on the list now (if it wasn't already), thank you both for the insight!
The only other options I would mention are:

- the exterior "black trim" package; this is highly subjective, but I personally am not a fan of chrome trim around windows etc ...

- (purely speculation at this point) Porsche Sports Exhaust

I think its worth waiting till wk 10 to see what additional options appear on the configurator!

Now all I have to do is figure out a way for my X5 to get stolen or to spontaneously combust (while I am not in it!)
Old 12-16-2013, 06:20 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Now all I have to do is figure out a way for my X5 to get stolen or to spontaneously combust (while I am not in it!)
I've should have known that two weeks earlier... Still had some space in a suitcase when we were flying home from CA to Switzerland! Magic disapperance of an X5....

Suzy (via iOS app)
Old 12-16-2013, 06:24 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Suzy991
I've should have known that two weeks earlier... Still had some space in a suitcase when we were flying home from CA to Switzerland! Magic disapperance of an X5....

Suzy (via iOS app)
if you have any connections with international crime syndicates that steal cars and export them ... PM me!
Old 12-16-2013, 06:26 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

if you have any connections with international crime syndicates that steal cars and export them ... PM me!
I'll make a call to uncle Silvio B. In Italy... I think he'll know some guys. LOL!

Suzy (via iOS app)
Old 12-16-2013, 06:29 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Suzy991
I'll make a call to uncle Silvio B. In Italy... I think he'll know some guys. LOL!

Suzy (via iOS app)
its a nice spec ... 4.4L V8 TT ...
Old 12-16-2013, 07:33 PM
Macduff
Instructor

The only other options I would mention are:

- the exterior "black trim" package; this is highly subjective, but I personally am not a fan of chrome trim around windows etc ...

- (purely speculation at this point) Porsche Sports Exhaust

I think its worth waiting till wk 10 to see what additional options appear on the configurator!

"Black trim" is definitely still under consideration, thanks for the tip!

Regarding PSE, that box would definitely be checked if offered. Interestingly the Cayenne S has this option, the Cayenne GTS includes PSE as standard equipment, and the Cayenne Turbo only has the sport tailpipes as an option. Does anyone know why the Cayenne Turbo didn't get PSE? Perhaps it has a slighty sportier exhaust to begin with and the PSE wouldn't add as much?

Start the wk 10 options countdown!
Old 12-16-2013, 07:36 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

"Black trim" is definitely still under consideration, thanks for the tip!

Regarding PSE, that box would definitely be checked if offered. Interestingly the Cayenne S has this option, the Cayenne GTS includes PSE as standard equipment, and the Cayenne Turbo only has the sport tailpipes as an option. Does anyone know why the Cayenne Turbo didn't get PSE? Perhaps it has a slighty sportier exhaust to begin with and the PSE wouldn't add as much?

Start the wk 10 options countdown!
I'm *guessing* the Cayenne turbos exhaust is/was different/PSE...

Quick Reply: Macan: Post Your preliminary build spec...