Anyone ordering a Macan?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 12:04 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,524 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Originally Posted by endless_corners
I'm not sure it will be that much faster but I'm better it will have a certain X factor the Audi doesn't. More feel or soul. I haven't driven an sq5 which I have heard good things about but audis in general are a little disconnected and cold to me.
Drive one. It has soul most Audis are lacking. Especially all the exhaust pops and farts. And the shifts are so fast, the only way you know it's not a DSG is that there is no hesitation pulling away.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:46 PM
James Herne
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
I need something small with 4 wheel drive to cart around the newborn. (city during weekends, mountains during weekdays)
It's sad the Macan doesn't come with the full-4WD like the Cayenne. With personal experience driving the Carrera 4 in the snow, i would say the electronic 4WD doesn't give you anything except dissapointment as you have laid your hopes on the 4WD system. At least the 911 has the weight at the rear axle and it really doesn't need the 4WD, but Macan sure would be a better car with full-4WD. It is something you want from the car that you buy next to your 2-door Porsche. The second, not-so-serious approach by Porsche is to use the cast iron floating brake callipers at the back - something that Porsche hadn't done since the 1980's.
I studied Macan and prepared a rather complete page with tech specs, some comparison to Cayenne and with around 50 photos, check here: http://stuttcars.com/porsche-models/macan/
Old 11-20-2013, 11:24 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,524 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Originally Posted by James Herne
It's sad the Macan doesn't come with the full-4WD like the Cayenne. With personal experience driving the Carrera 4 in the snow, i would say the electronic 4WD doesn't give you anything except dissapointment as you have laid your hopes on the 4WD system. At least the 911 has the weight at the rear axle and it really doesn't need the 4WD, but Macan sure would be a better car with full-4WD. It is something you want from the car that you buy next to your 2-door Porsche. The second, not-so-serious approach by Porsche is to use the cast iron floating brake callipers at the back - something that Porsche hadn't done since the 1980's. I studied Macan and prepared a rather complete page with tech specs, some comparison to Cayenne and with around 50 photos, check here: http://stuttcars.com/porsche-models/macan/
That site is putting a spin on it. Not a full 4WD system? What does that mean anyway? It drives the front wheels, it's not like its RWD.

The whole pint of this vehicle is to be much closer to a sports car than an SUV. It is, for all intents and purposes, a slightly lifted wagon.

You want full time SUV? Buy anCayenne. I really don't get it.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:04 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by James Herne
It's sad the Macan doesn't come with the full-4WD like the Cayenne. With personal experience driving the Carrera 4 in the snow, i would say the electronic 4WD doesn't give you anything except dissapointment as you have laid your hopes on the 4WD system. At least the 911 has the weight at the rear axle and it really doesn't need the 4WD, but Macan sure would be a better car with full-4WD. It is something you want from the car that you buy next to your 2-door Porsche. The second, not-so-serious approach by Porsche is to use the cast iron floating brake callipers at the back - something that Porsche hadn't done since the 1980's.
I studied Macan and prepared a rather complete page with tech specs, some comparison to Cayenne and with around 50 photos, check here: http://stuttcars.com/porsche-models/macan/
only need decent snow tires and enough AWD to handle trips to ski resorts with snow covered roads….
Old 11-21-2013, 01:31 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
I am not interested in spending Cayenne money but I also do not wish to drive something that is used in rental car fleets either.
The sad thing is, the cayenne V6 is cheaper, and when equipped with a 6-speed manual transmission, is arguably more of a driver's car too.

Quick Reply: Anyone ordering a Macan?