Macan 2014-Current

First service time schedule

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2021, 04:23 PM
fried okra
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First service time schedule

Our new Macan was a service loaner vehicle and we are at 10k miles now and presumably ready for its 10k complimentary service.

Our selling dealer is telling me the complimentary service is not based on our delivery date but based on when it became a service loaner vehicle. I would think the 10k complimentary service would have been based on the date it was delivered and had accrued 10k miles, not when it arrived at the dealer, or when it was driven on a potential sales test drive, or placed in the service loaner pool.

What do y'all think on this?

Anyone else been down this road?
Old 04-06-2021, 09:44 PM
2021_Macan_S_MI
7th Gear

When the oil is 10,000 miles old it is time for it to be replaced. Period. Regards.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:06 PM
wwahl
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by fried okra
Our new Macan was a service loaner vehicle and we are at 10k miles now and presumably ready for its 10k complimentary service.

Our selling dealer is telling me the complimentary service is not based on our delivery date but based on when it became a service loaner vehicle. I would think the 10k complimentary service would have been based on the date it was delivered and had accrued 10k miles, not when it arrived at the dealer, or when it was driven on a potential sales test drive, or placed in the service loaner pool.

What do y'all think on this?

Anyone else been down this road?
It is one year or 10,000 miles, which ever occurs first. The one year stop watch starts at the in-service date.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:14 PM
T3X4S
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 100 Posts

The OP is not asking if oil should be replaced at 10K miles; poster is asking if it should be complimentary service as new Porsche vehicles get 1yr or 10K mile (whichever comes first) complimentary service included.

Unfortunately, if this was a demo/loaner vehicle, the 1st complimentary service would be 1 year or 10K miles from when the warranty was first punched on the loaner, and not when you took delivery. I know this bc I had same issue when I bought my Targa which had warranty card punched 11 months prior to my purchase and apparently had 1 year service done even though it was never titled. So my first service under my ownership turned out to be the 2 yr/20K mile service even though it only had 2000 miles at the time and it was not complimentary. The SA tried to sort things out with PCNA to no avail. That is how I found out going forward to ask about when warranty card was punched on future purchases if the car is not brand spanking new as dealers don't disclose this until after the fact if you don't ask.

So, OP will need to check on the date when the warranty card was punched (aka first in service date as wwahl stated).

Last edited by T3X4S; 04-06-2021 at 10:17 PM.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:49 PM
fried okra
8th Gear

Thanks, T3X4S.....you have identified the issue exactly.

I will need to see if I actually have a "warranty card"......don't recall seeing that.
Old 04-13-2021, 06:01 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 707 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by fried okra
Thanks, T3X4S.....you have identified the issue exactly.

I will need to see if I actually have a "warranty card"......don't recall seeing that.
That's the booklet that says "Maintenance" on the cover and should be included with your owner's documents. First page will have the first in service date and stamp from the original selling dealer.

Quick Reply: First service time schedule