Macan 2014-Current

30,000 mile service

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2019, 11:22 AM
dml
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by CarGuyNVA
Yep, I hear ya, but right or wrong it’s a Porsche service policy that pads and rotors are always replaced as a set. That’s why folks always come away from their dealer being told they need both. Just like their policy of NO tire repairs (even if it’s completely repairable). Any tire damage and it’s new tire time at a P dealer.
Not for me. Dealer has plugged and patched holes in 997.2 TT and 991.1 TTS.
Old 11-16-2019, 04:15 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,317 Likes on 800 Posts

Yep, I hear ya, but right or wrong it’s a Porsche service policy that pads and rotors are always replaced as a set. That’s why folks always come away from their dealer being told they need both. Just like their policy of NO tire repairs (even if it’s completely repairable). Any tire damage and it’s new tire time at a P dealer.
1) Then don't go to a P-dealer for minor service.
2) Must be something in the water in your neck of the woods because here they don't have that policy.
3) SA's are paid very little and are on a bonus plan for additional expenses, services billed.
4) All of the above.
Old 11-16-2019, 07:29 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 2,966 Likes on 2,045 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksheepSpyder
$1800 is what I paid for my lift.

Perhaps next year I should start doing PDK services for the Cincinnati/Dayton market. I think $1500 would be worth giving up a Saturday morning.
I think more people would take you up on this than you imagine. But I would probably start with oil changes and brake services. That is the stuff where the dealer really gets you.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:48 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
1) Then don't go to a P-dealer for minor service.
2) Must be something in the water in your neck of the woods because here they don't have that policy.
3) SA's are paid very little and are on a bonus plan for additional expenses, services billed.
4) All of the above.
Interesting, because that is Porsche policy. Obviously not all dealers are created equal, no surprise there.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:29 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,317 Likes on 800 Posts

Interesting, because that is Porsche policy. Obviously not all dealers are created equal, no surprise there.
Word of mouth or did you actually see and read a copy of that policy?
Old 11-19-2019, 12:35 AM
Old Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Here in SoCal the QuickJack unit seems to be the tool of choice. It's portable; doesn't required dedicated garage floor space. Recent Costco sale had units for under a grand. Last weekend at the AAA Speedway in Fontana a group 3 stalls from me had a QuickJack unit that they powered off both 110v (all Fontana pit bays have both power and compressed air hookups) and a 12v battery. Not sure if it was the 3500 or 5000 lb unit, but they used it for a new track model Mustang and a rather ancient track modified Lexus sedan. They lifted the units (two sides) in/out of their tow SUV...by hand. Several of our local PCA SDR members swear by the QuickJack. Not sure what this has to do with our 30K discussion, but since a lift was mentioned, throwing this comment in. Re the thread, our MacanS goes to our go-to indy shop tomorrow for rear brake pads.

Quick Reply: 30,000 mile service