My first Porsche, 17 Macan S

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 02:50 AM
deep84
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first Porsche, 17 Macan S

Folks,

I finally ended up buying a 2017 Macan S w/ 17K miles on it. It took me a while to find one with low miles which had adaptive cruise control ACC on it. Believe it or not but its not something super common in "s" Either way I happy driving this thing. I also have an Audi R8 V10+ but this thing makes me smile in different way. Love it.

Now few questions:

I do like the factory exhaust sound but would love to make is bit louder and pop more, what would you guys recco?
how about a tune to get little more juice, worth it or asking for trouble?

Thank you in advance and this is my first Porsche and excited to own it!!
Old 06-28-2019, 03:41 AM
///Bruce
Pro

Received 124 Likes on 96 Posts

Welcome to 'the club'. Sounds like you got yourself a great ride. I suggest you do a search on Cobb Tuning and Racechip. Those are the two most popular. Exhaust? I'd go on YouTube and use a really good pair of earphones, listen to sound tracks of the different ones. But even then, what you hear on a video does not sound exactly like that in person. Search on "macan s exhaust upgrade". Just did it. It's a long list of everyones exhaust tracks INCLUDING the PSE.
Old 06-28-2019, 01:38 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by deep84
I do like the factory exhaust sound but would love to make is bit louder and pop more, what would you guys recco?
how about a tune to get little more juice, worth it or asking for trouble?

Thank you in advance and this is my first Porsche and excited to own it!!
First of all, congrats on the 'new to you' Macan!

As for the exhaust, over my many years of enthusiast car ownership, I've become more of an OEM performance fan versus aftermarket. So my suggestion would be to check out the factory PSE. Not the most cost effective route certainly, but it's Porsche

Quick Reply: My first Porsche, 17 Macan S