Macan 2014-Current

Ordering New Macan

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 11:40 AM
Bmarques
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ordering New Macan

Anyone have any experience ordering a new Porsche. None of the dealers have the options I’d like. Just curious if I should expect to pay sticker or do dealers negotiate on those as well?
Old 06-23-2019, 01:59 PM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

Received 534 Likes on 292 Posts

You can absolutely negotiate pricing on an ordered car. Of course you'll get a better deal on a car sitting on the lot that's already made. You should negotiate a % off the retail price rather than an absolute number, then customize it however you want. The % off you can get generally depends on your market area.
Old 06-23-2019, 10:00 PM
Bmarques
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pokerhobo
You can absolutely negotiate pricing on an ordered car. Of course you'll get a better deal on a car sitting on the lot that's already made. You should negotiate a % off the retail price rather than an absolute number, then customize it however you want. The % off you can get generally depends on your market area.
Thanks. What are % people are usually seeing? I’m in the south Florida area and don’t mind traveling somewhere if I can get a better deal. Was looking at one on the lot so far and worked it down to approx 7% so far. Problem is it has the 20” Macan turbo style wheels and I hate them. Don’t want to spend 4K ok wheels I don’t like and the ones with red interiors all have those wheels...
Old 06-24-2019, 12:35 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

You will have an easier time negotiating for a car on the lot than ordering to spec, but it's definitely possible to order and pay below sticker.

7% is really pretty good for a newly delivered car (unless it's been sitting in the sun on the lot for a while with the warranty ticking away) and it's not super likely that you'll get that kind of discount if you build to order.

However, after having ordered two Porsches exactly how I want them, I'm likely not buying anything off the lot again. There's much more satisfaction in getting exactly what I want versus settling for something close and merely pocketing a few grand in return.
Old 06-24-2019, 01:30 PM
JonCanadian
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Another thing to consider is timing your order. Doing it at the end of a month, particularly slow months like January or February, or near to the "close date" for unspoken allocations gives you some added leverage. I ordered ours the last date in January, about a week before a close date and got 5% off MSRP. Canada is nowhere as good as the US for getting discounts since our list prices are cheaper. Typically Canadians get 0-2% off list for ordered Porsches. Ordering is the best. We figured that since we were spending this much on a car, we wanted it to be exactly what we wanted. C
Old 06-25-2019, 12:44 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 678 Likes on 419 Posts

I was originally led to believe there was no negotiating on orders which I found to be false. I ordered mine and got 4.5% off MSRP. The amount off depends on your market and the dealership. One told me maybe a couple hundred off while another 20 miles away gave me 4.5%. If I was willing to go out of state, I could have gotten 7% off so email a few dealers.

It's not unheard of to get 12% off of a lot inventory car which works out for a lot of people who need a car right away because their lease is up or can't wait 3-4 months and aren't picky about color combinations and/or don't care much about option selections. Personally, I didn't want nav or 21" wheels which are two of the highest priced options which many of the lot cars have so it didn't make sense to me to get a car with those two 4 figure options at 10% off versus 4.5% on the exact build I wanted. I don't want any regrets when I make that payment every month.

Quick Reply: Ordering New Macan