Macan 2014-Current

Will there be a new Macan GTS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 01:01 AM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by CarGuyNVA
There are certainly benefits to the 'Hot V' design and engineering in terms of performance. What now remains to be seen over time in the real world is how the turbo and associated hardware holds up in the extreme environment this design creates.
Ask folks that have had to spend over $10G on their Audi 4.0TT to get the turbos fixed. I just got rid of mine because it was going to cost around 10K to replace and fix the turbos. They were starting to go and may not have had much time left before imploding... I enjoyed the 116k miles I put on the car, but I think the heat and the lack of proper cooling killed them. Supposedly the newer ones are cooled better, but who knows until time passes.
Old 06-19-2019, 01:11 AM
van crypto
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd B
Engines arenow all Audi engines, Porsche does their own tuning so performance/response is different. You are correct the Macan PDK is really an Audi DSG unit, with Porsche programming. That’s why it’s maintenance schedule is totally different then any other PDK.
I did not know that. Very different feel between the Audi 8-speed DSG and the Macan 7-speed PDK.

The biggest difference I find between the two is throttle response. The Macan feels quick and responsive even in regular driving mode while the Audi is completely useless in anything but Dynamic mode.
Old 06-19-2019, 09:39 AM
smohr33
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 89 Posts

Audi is no longer DSG, they are using the ZF8 in all 3.0T applications, just like the Cayenne.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:52 AM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 679 Likes on 419 Posts

The transmission is really what swayed me to a Macan. I like the fast and aggressive shifts in the Macan PDK/DSG over the smoothness of the torque converter 8 speed auto in the SQ5. Prior RS 5 used an Audi S-Tronic DSG but they are all now ZF automatics claiming that the increase in torque was too much to keep the DSG reliable.

Quick Reply: Will there be a new Macan GTS?