Macan 2014-Current

Lease Pull Ahead

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 09:24 AM
TJinCA
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lease Pull Ahead

New to Porsche and wanted to get some advice. Ordered 2020 Macan S due in August. This will be my first Porsche.
I have leased BMW’s for years.

My dealer provided two lease options...36 month and 39 months....each with 10K miles.
With BMW, I had always done 36 month leases and got pulled ahead 3 to 4 months early, getting right into a new lease.

With the options my Porsche dealer is offering, the payment for 39 months is less but when month 36 arrives, I don’t want to have spend another $700-$800 to the CA DMV for only 3 months of use. If Porsche Financial typically does a pull ahead toward the end of the lease, I’ll do 39 and take the smaller payment...if not, I’ll do 36..

Any experience with Porsche Financial doing pull aheads towards the end of your lease? Thanks everyone
Old 06-07-2019, 09:14 AM
JC Lacayo
Pro

Received 134 Likes on 98 Posts

Dealers often will invite you to turn your lease over early (the same as BMW) and they wave the last few payments to get you into a newer ride. Maybe that's what you dealer is intending. (?)
Old 06-07-2019, 09:49 AM
TJinCA
Cruisin'

Thanks. Perhaps indeed.
However the financial piece is not the dealer waving the financial obligation, its the bank that’s ultimately offering the option and was curious if that’s a typical “thing” they do

Originally Posted by JC Lacayo
Dealers often will invite you to turn your lease over early (the same as BMW) and they wave the last few payments to get you into a newer ride. Maybe that's what you dealer is intending. (?)
Old 06-07-2019, 12:57 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Don't expect ANY of the incentives you saw with BMW with Porsche. Their MF suck, their residuals are jokingly low, the incentives are low. $ for $, its substantially less to lease and own a BMW than a Porsche... is what it is.

Example: my wife M235, 4 years old. Cost of service over 50k miles? 1k for a set of tires.
If she had a Macan? that would be about $5k. (oil, brakes, tires, services).
Even though purchase price or MSRP wouldn't be terribly different...
Old 06-07-2019, 01:49 PM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Don't expect ANY of the incentives you saw with BMW with Porsche. Their MF suck, their residuals are jokingly low, the incentives are low. $ for $, its substantially less to lease and own a BMW than a Porsche... is what it is.

Example: my wife M235, 4 years old. Cost of service over 50k miles? 1k for a set of tires.

I'm not understanding this costing.
On the BMW? You didn't change the oil? Or scheduled service was included ???? Therefore no "extra" cost.
My Macan oil change cost was $500+ at the dealer.
What is required for warranty is what is in the manual. There is no stipulation that Porsche must change the oil. It just has to be changed.
My indy provided me paperwork, and changed me 200ish.

All these german cars seem to run 8-10 liters of synthetic oil. Thus, really oil changes are every 12-18 months. So how many oil changes did you get on your BMW? Four?
Old 06-07-2019, 02:52 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG smoke
On the BMW? You didn't change the oil? Or scheduled service was included ???? Therefore no "extra" cost.
What is required for warranty is what is in the manual. There is no stipulation that Porsche must change the oil. It just has to be changed.

All these german cars seem to run 8-10 liters of synthetic oil. Thus, really oil changes are every 12-18 months. So how many oil changes did you get on your BMW? Four?
BMW covers service for 4 years (when this car was bought, I think it's 3 now?)
Old 06-07-2019, 02:58 PM
JonCanadian
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG smoke

BMWs get 3-4 years of free servicing. Oil, sparkplugs, fluids. It even used to cover things like pads and rotors. So your lease price + tires is your total price with BMW. IME, BMW gives really good residuals and very competitive lease and finance rates. We got a BMW M3 and a GTS last year and the Porsche finance rate was more than twice what the BMW rate was (5.9% vs 2.6%). So we paid cash for the Porsche and financed the BMW.

New BMWs do this "Condition-based service" and the computer calculates how long between oil changes. Mine is now at 13k km.

If you look for a BMW in January or February, you can score a pretty good lease deal when BMW tries to get old model years off their dealer lots.
Old 06-07-2019, 03:25 PM
smohr33
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 89 Posts

+1. Maintenance aside, unless you have to for business reasons, there's really no reason to lease a Porsche, the deals are just terrible.

Base Macan residuals are actually decent from time to time (60% when I was looking), but the MF kills it, and discounts are hard to find.

We leased my wife an SQ5 for hundreds less monthly than the best deal I could find on a base Macan.
Old 06-07-2019, 03:56 PM
SharkB8
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Depending on the model, Porsche will pull you out up to a year in advance (I've done it several times and typically go with the 39 mo/lease as well). They also offer higher residual if you include with maintenance which basically turns into a wash payment wise and you get the first few years of maintenance covered until you hand it over for something shiny. YMMV. Btw, I'm in CA as well.
Old 06-07-2019, 04:21 PM
TJinCA
Cruisin'

Thanks for the feedback and education

Old 06-07-2019, 04:26 PM
TJinCA
Cruisin'

Thank you so much!! That’s promising news!
I did hear that adding the maintenance plan would add an additional point on the residual when it comes time to sign the lease, benefitting the payment in my favor.

Guess I’ll go with the 39 and roll the dice.

Appreciate it. 👋🏻

Originally Posted by SharkB8
Depending on the model, Porsche will pull you out up to a year in advance (I've done it several times and typically go with the 39 mo/lease as well). They also offer higher residual if you include with maintenance which basically turns into a wash payment wise and you get the first few years of maintenance covered until you hand it over for something shiny. YMMV. Btw, I'm in CA as well.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:29 AM
ADC1
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by JC Lacayo
There is no "waiving" payments. Trust me, they are buried somewhere (new lease, lower profit for dealer, etc).

As another post pointed out, Porsche does not offer very good leasing terms. Mercedes and BMW offer very aggressive leases since they have some volume to sell.
Old 06-08-2019, 11:54 AM
TJinCA
Cruisin'

Thanks!

When I started shopping for a Porsche, I was immediately noticing that I could get a much less expensive and better equipped Mercedes or BMW or Audi for roughly the same payment on the very specific (yes, perhaps I got a little carried away with the options) Macan I am waiting for.

The residual quoted is very good and comparable to some BMW’s but you’re right, the MF is horrible...it as if they don’t want them back so it’s going to cost you. Plus, with their MRM model for leasing, I’m further penalized.

My last BMW lease was a 2016 and at that time all the maintenance and the brakes were covered as part of the warranty. They have now recently removed the brakes those potentially adding about $1600 to your cost over the term of the lease if you go back to the dealer to have the brakes done.

I’m definitely leasing because I like to turn a car often. I am super excited for it to arrive but admittedly already thinking....hmmm, I reading about this upcoming Macan Turbo or potential GTS....my future upgrade? 🤔🤔

Thanks again for the feedback and advice.

Originally Posted by ADC1
There is no "waiving" payments. Trust me, they are buried somewhere (new lease, lower profit for dealer, etc).

As another post pointed out, Porsche does not offer very good leasing terms. Mercedes and BMW offer very aggressive leases since they have some volume to sell.
Old 06-08-2019, 11:58 AM
TJinCA
Cruisin'

Thanks!! I am hoping to be as fortunate!
Old 06-08-2019, 12:00 PM
TJinCA
Cruisin'

Thanks! I appreciate it very much

Originally Posted by SharkB8

Quick Reply: Lease Pull Ahead