Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Which Macan to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 02:38 AM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

With the context of my owning multiple Panameras, including a 462-hp 2018 Panamera, I'll say that my new 2019 base Macan is an excellent vehicle -- even in comparison to my 2018 Panny.
It has great acceleration for an SUV, and I find that it is very "fast" (can't figure out that comment about the 2-liter engine Macans not being fast above): I find it very stable and smooth at 95 mph (the fastest I've gotten it so far on urban expressways). Sure, it doesn't accelerate like my Panamera, but I don't need it to. I'm a fast driver, and my base Macan is fast, well planted, and very fun to drive. I was disappointed in my multiple test-drives of the Macan S, actually -- I expected much more out of a Porsche with a V6. I couldn't justify the extra expense of the S over the base, personally. I also test-drove one or two Sports Edition Macans, and I found that they were packaged with stuff I didn't need at too high a cost, so I special-ordered my own base version without air suspension, and it handles really really well.
Old 07-04-2019, 07:42 PM
CaptCody
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No tips here yet. Will be going to see the dealer in August and see where the Macan "market" sits. Happy 4th!
Old 07-05-2019, 01:06 AM
john981
Rennlist Member

Received 226 Likes on 138 Posts

I test drove the base 2019 Macan. The car was as base at it can get. I have to say I was pretty underwhelmed. The 2019 model is inside pretty much the same as the 2018 model, they have just upgraded the base entertainment system and navigation and porsche connect are now standard. Again, I was not impressed at all. The ride was nothing special (it was not Porsche worthy), space really tight and I am really not a big fan of the alcantara seats. I guess cant change the tight space but hope to have a better impression when I test drive the initial two cars I had in mind (used 2015 s and new 2018 se). Both have the full leather seats so don't have to make a compromise with the alcantara seats. Will report back after my next test drvies.

Quick Reply: Which Macan to buy?