Macan 2014-Current

Macan Entry and Drive erratic

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 11:41 AM
John Ferguson
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Macan Entry and Drive erratic

2018 Macan S with entry and drive intermittent seat issue. Read the owners manual in print and online, stopped by the dealership to have functionality explained, settings 1 / 2 and key stored, but my entry and drive seat settings do not always restore the seat position. Have comfort setting enabled. The doors open properly but the seat does not _always_ return to the setting last stored / used. When the seat does not return to the proper position, I can press button 1 and it will go the the correct position. Doesn't do this with regularity, just often enough to be annoying. Doesn't matter if locked with key or left unlocked in garage, the seat does not return intermittently to the stored position. Does anyone else have this issue / advice?
Old 12-18-2018, 02:31 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

I've had that happen in my 911 with Entry + Drive, very randomly though and only a few times. I figure it is a minor annoyance so it hasn't stressed me that much.

Come to think of it has also happened once so far on the Macan... perhaps it is a 'feature' in the software code somewhere.
Old 12-18-2018, 03:39 PM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 69 Posts

I've also had this happen in my '15, but it's really really rare. I figure it's some stray RF interference or something similar. Anyway, it doesn't happen often enough for me to be bothered by it so I haven't tried to have it fixed.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:00 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 674 Likes on 417 Posts

Have had this happen a couple of random times. I haven't been bothered enough by it to bring it up to my dealer. There's pretty much no way for them to do anything about it unless they can reproduce it and it happens so infrequently.
Old 12-19-2018, 10:10 AM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by John Ferguson
2018 Macan S with entry and drive intermittent seat issue. Read the owners manual in print and online, stopped by the dealership to have functionality explained, settings 1 / 2 and key stored, but my entry and drive seat settings do not always restore the seat position. Have comfort setting enabled. The doors open properly but the seat does not _always_ return to the setting last stored / used. When the seat does not return to the proper position, I can press button 1 and it will go the the correct position. Doesn't do this with regularity, just often enough to be annoying. Doesn't matter if locked with key or left unlocked in garage, the seat does not return intermittently to the stored position. Does anyone else have this issue / advice?
Problems with erratic seat memory settings has been discussed several times in the Cayenne 958 forum. One thing that had been mentioned repeatedly as a fix is to 'reset' the seat memory by moving the seat fully forward, then fully backward, then all the way up, and all the way down with the vehicle running. This causes the seat memory function to 'reset'. After that, follow the original instructions for setting the memory once again. This has worked for the Cayennes where the seat memory behaved erratically (it also works for 911s). Hopefully it works for the Macans too, don't see why it wouldn't. Same basic system.

Here's a link to one of the threads about it in the Cayenne 958 forum. Look at the last post from this thread in particular. Good luck with it! ..... https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...side-door.html
Old 12-20-2018, 11:30 AM
ozziegt
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

I have the problem with the seat not fully coming back sometimes. However if I push the "key" memory button on the door it will fully restore (mind you this is after I have stored my settings on that button, I'm not sure if that is a necessary step). It's almost like the system stops midway for some reason. Haven't been able to figure out what causes it.
Old 12-20-2018, 11:25 PM
bwiele
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

One idea that has helped me in the past - be sure your key is not right next to your cell phone. That can interfere with the signal.
Old 12-27-2018, 02:42 PM
missmy993
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I have similar issue ('16 S). Changed the FOB batteries, seems to work better.
Old 01-08-2019, 05:02 PM
LarryLion
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2015 Macan S with a similar issue, nobody could explain why certain settings were not persistent. I fixed it myself by turning on the automatic save settings function, made all my adjustments, saved to position 1 and key, turned the engine off, then on, and deselected the auto save function. Presto, my settings were preserved.

Quick Reply: Macan Entry and Drive erratic