Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Clear front side markers

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 05:33 PM
Stack24
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With no real options that I liked that were simple enough I went the Lamin-X route as well. I think it works well with a White GTS since it has black accents. It also comes with the rear reflectors for the bottom if you choose to install those. Completely changes the look in my opinion.

Before

After

Left Side - Tinted Right Side - Original
Old 02-04-2019, 05:46 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 679 Likes on 419 Posts

The orange lenses are such an eyesore. Looks like the lower rear valence ones are new. I did a light tint on the front fog and marker lenses as well to better match the blacked out GTS headlight housings.
Old 02-04-2019, 05:50 PM
Stack24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rasetsu
The orange lenses are such an eyesore. Looks like the lower rear valence ones are new. I did a light tint on the front fog and marker lenses as well to better match the blacked out GTS headlight housings.
Didnt think about those. Great idea. What color did you get to match it?

yeah I didn’t know what they were in the box since the order only said side markers. A forum member mentioned it and I had my ah ha moment. They should advertise that it comes with the side markers your order.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:00 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Stack24

Didnt think about those. Great idea. What color did you get to match it?

yeah I didn’t know what they were in the box since the order only said side markers. A forum member mentioned it and I had my ah ha moment. They should advertise that it comes with the side markers your order.
I did gun smoke on the sidemarkers and light tint on the fogs and markers. I bought mine direct from Lamin-x too but a year ago and did not get the rear covers. I don't even see them listed as standalone on their site.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:19 PM
Stack24
Intermediate

I did gun smoke on the sidemarkers and light tint on the fogs and markers. I bought mine direct from Lamin-x too but a year ago and did not get the rear covers. I don't even see them listed as standalone on their site.
That looks really good and matches well. Was curious if the light tint would be enough or I would have to go to the next level up that they have.

Yeah they don't even mention them when you order the side markers which was strange
Old 05-26-2019, 06:17 PM
ottobon100
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Suncoast now has clear side markers. They are not OEM though. $60 plus S&H. I don't understand why we have side markers anyway in the U.S. European Macans don't have them. Now if you could get your hands on a European front bumper.....
Old 05-26-2019, 08:01 PM
///Bruce
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 95 Posts

I thought all Macans, Euro as well as U.S., had the same body panels. Am I wrong? BTW, I bought clear yesterday. They'll be on by Thursday. I'll try to post pics afterwards. Can't wait.
Old 05-26-2019, 08:08 PM
JonCanadian
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Different front bumpers.
Old 05-26-2019, 08:34 PM
///Bruce
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 95 Posts

SOB!
Old 05-26-2019, 11:30 PM
Van Larson
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 106 Posts
Default Cleara

Top red US Turbo, bottom ROW S.?
Old 05-27-2019, 08:32 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Van Larson
Top red US Turbo, bottom ROW S.?
Yes.
Old 05-27-2019, 09:22 AM
JonCanadian
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Bottom is GTS. Red front calipers and the wheels. You can also just make out the GTS on the side blades.
Old 05-28-2019, 11:08 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JonCanadian
Bottom is GTS. Red front calipers and the wheels. You can also just make out the GTS on the side blades.
Fog lights are GTS foglight too.
Old 05-28-2019, 01:27 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ///Bruce
I thought all Macans, Euro as well as U.S., had the same body panels. Am I wrong? BTW, I bought clear yesterday. They'll be on by Thursday. I'll try to post pics afterwards. Can't wait.
All US Macans, regardless of trim, have the front bumper corner marker lamps.

Originally Posted by ottobon100
Suncoast now has clear side markers. They are not OEM though. $60 plus S&H. I don't understand why we have side markers anyway in the U.S. European Macans don't have them. Now if you could get your hands on a European front bumper.....
USDOT mandates orange light on the front corners visible directly from the side and red light on the rear corners directly visible from the side. And it has to be at the corners so ROW fender side markers weren't good enough even though it made more logical sense to be on the fenders, But no inspector or police officer gives a crap about this antiquated rule.

Very glad ROW has gone with side markers up in the mirror housings now which makes it less cost effective to decontent that neat safety feature from US cars as I presume molding unique mirror housings for the US costs more than punching the holes in the fenders for the old style side markers.

I see that tinted ones aren't available yet.

Old 05-28-2019, 08:32 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

All US Macans, regardless of trim, have the front bumper corner marker lamps.

USDOT mandates orange light on the front corners visible directly from the side and red light on the rear corners directly visible from the side. And it has to be at the corners so ROW fender side markers weren't good enough even though it made more logical sense to be on the fenders, But no inspector or police officer gives a crap about this antiquated rule.

Very glad ROW has gone with side markers up in the mirror housings now which makes it less cost effective to decontent that neat safety feature from US cars as I presume molding unique mirror housings for the US costs more than punching the holes in the fenders for the old style side markers.

I see that tinted ones aren't available yet.
In my 997 Turbo I was stopped for no front plate - DPS officer also noted that my clear side markers were illegal even with amber bulbs. He said the side markers had to be amber reflectors. Received a "no fix it: warning" on both plate and side markers although law has changed in Texas now that a no front plate ticket could cost you up to $200 + plus a fix.

Quick Reply: Clear front side markers