Macan 2014-Current

Additional 2019 Macan Details

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 10:02 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts
Default Additional 2019 Macan Details

My recent PCA newsletter included a link to the following article providing even more detail on the 2019 Macan models, and the Turbo in particular. These are details I’ve not seen mentioned anywhere previously. Thought it would be of interest here...

https://www.motor1.com/news/276025/p...rbo-spy-shots/
Old 11-15-2018, 11:34 PM
Portia's
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you for sharing
Old 11-17-2018, 08:21 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 228 Posts

2019 Base can be configured online now.
Old 11-17-2018, 11:14 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by CarGuyNVA
My recent PCA newsletter included a link to the following article providing even more detail on the 2019 Macan models, and the Turbo in particular. These are details I’ve not seen mentioned anywhere previously. Thought it would be of interest here...

https://www.motor1.com/news/276025/p...rbo-spy-shots/
Interesting.... If this is true, I greatly prefer the look of the base 2019 Macan to the 2019 turbo Macan in these pics...
Old 11-18-2018, 12:51 PM
JDailey
Instructor

Received 88 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Pavegeno928
2019 Base can be configured online now.
Is Navigation standard on 2019s? I didn't see it among the options, but though that maybe they hadn't pinned down all of the details on the configurator yet. Thanks!

Old 11-18-2018, 12:59 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by JDailey
Is Navigation standard on 2019s? I didn't see it among the options, but though that maybe they hadn't pinned down all of the details on the configurator yet. Thanks!
Sure looks like it from the configurator standard equipment list:

Porsche Communication Management* (PCM) incl. navigation module, mobile phone preparation, audio interfaces, and voice control system
Connect Plus* incl. online navigation module, LTE telephone module with SIM card reader, wireless internet access and Porsche Car Connect, incl. numerous Porsche Connect services
Old 11-18-2018, 01:01 PM
JDailey
Instructor

Received 88 Likes on 42 Posts

Good catch! I lost that in the fine print. It's the right move; a vehicle at this price point should include navigation. It seemed silly and expensive as an option.

Originally Posted by Pavegeno928
Sure looks like it from the configurator standard equipment list:
Old 12-01-2018, 11:20 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Porsche has updated the list of standard features, correcting some errors that I had pointed out, in their online configurator for the 2019 base Macan.
These include: changing of the size of the center-console computer screen from the old 7 inches to the new 10.8 inches; adding back the "ParkAssist (front and rear) with reversing camera" (which had been left out by accident).
They also include the addition as standard of these items: floor mats; analog clock on the center dashboard.
I hope that the list is now 100% accurate, but I still have my doubts.
Old 12-02-2018, 07:37 PM
LandCruiser
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cometguy
Porsche has updated the list of standard features, correcting some errors that I had pointed out, in their online configurator for the 2019 base Macan.
These include: changing of the size of the center-console computer screen from the old 7 inches to the new 10.8 inches; adding back the "ParkAssist (front and rear) with reversing camera" (which had been left out by accident).
They also include the addition as standard of these items: floor mats; analog clock on the center dashboard.
I hope that the list is now 100% accurate, but I still have my doubts.
I built my 2018 really bare bones. The online configurator didn't show rear tint, clock, or floor mats as coming with the vehicle, but mine came with all that stuff without any options package specified.
Old 12-02-2018, 09:28 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LandCruiser
I built my 2018 really bare bones. The online configurator didn't show rear tint, clock, or floor mats as coming with the vehicle, but mine came with all that stuff without any options package specified.
Was this a base Macan?
That's very useful information, thanks! I tend to put very little in the way of options into my Porsches, also, because I think they come fine in "standard" form. I add things like exterior paint, adaptive cruise control, and LCA, but not much more than that. The nice thing about Porsche is that they allow you to really customize your car a lot; the bad thing is that the options tend to be overly expensive.
Old 12-03-2018, 12:05 AM
LandCruiser
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cometguy
Was this a base Macan?
That's very useful information, thanks! I tend to put very little in the way of options into my Porsches, also, because I think they come fine in "standard" form. I add things like exterior paint, adaptive cruise control, and LCA, but not much more than that. The nice thing about Porsche is that they allow you to really customize your car a lot; the bad thing is that the options tend to be overly expensive.
Yeah, 2.0 4 cylinder base.
Old 12-03-2018, 11:18 AM
KM1959
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JDailey
Good catch! I lost that in the fine print. It's the right move; a vehicle at this price point should include navigation. It seemed silly and expensive as an option.
I think that it is useless. Even if it is standard you're still paying for it. I have had navigation in nearly every car since 2005 and never (OK, very rarely) use it. Navigation on a smart phone will always be more current and useful.
Old 12-03-2018, 06:02 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by KM1959
I think that it is useless. Even if it is standard you're still paying for it. I have had navigation in nearly every car since 2005 and never (OK, very rarely) use it. Navigation on a smart phone will always be more current and useful.
I don't use "navigation instructions", but I use maps all the time and do my own navigating via reading maps and looking at traffic flow on Google Maps.
I have a 2018 Panamera, with the fabulous new computer screen, and the map is absolutely superb (though the traffic-flow colors are pathetic, and I still use Google Maps on iPhone and iMac to look at traffic flow). I use the map on my central screen whenever I need help with getting to where I'm going; it's big, bright, and clear. Best map screen in a car that I've ever seen, and much better than in the old Panamera (and pre-2019 Macan/Cayenne). But they're putting this new map screen into the 2019 Macan (and Cayenne), which is a huge draw to me. It really is a hugely different screen from the old Macans -- much better.
Old 12-03-2018, 06:22 PM
LandCruiser
Intermediate

I was told by my dealer that my base has the navigation, but it's disabled since I didn't pay for it. Seems to make sense that they would just make that **** standard if it's already being included. Not that I use the factory nav in any of my cars.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:52 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LandCruiser
I was told by my dealer that my base has the navigation, but it's disabled since I didn't pay for it. Seems to make sense that they would just make that **** standard if it's already being included. Not that I use the factory nav in any of my cars.
Well, starting with MY 2019, all Cayennes and Macans will have the same new computer-screen system that the 2018 Panamera has, and this means maps and navigation are standard features across all models, as of 2019.

Quick Reply: Additional 2019 Macan Details