Macan 2014-Current

PSA: Macan, car seats and 3 kids - IT WORKS

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 10:31 AM
shack993
Rennlist Member

Received 218 Likes on 116 Posts
Default PSA: Macan, car seats and 3 kids - IT WORKS

Hey folks - just added a GTS to my stable. The key was that I needed to get three kids in the car for carpool and trips. My 993 can't do 3.

The answer? you can definitely fit three kids in car seats safely in a macan.

The Macan is actually a relatively wide car so I was hopeful about 3 across. I did an overnight test drive with a service loaner before buying and spent 2-3 hours trying different car seat configs. It was as wide as my Outback.

Here is the skinny based on my needs: 6 year old in booster, two 4 year olds in 5-point harnesses.
A) It works with room to spare
B) The key to making it work is the Diono Radian 3. These are super narrow convertible car seats with 5 point harnesses. I used the latch system to secure them. Plus they match my interior.
C) The second key was the Bubble Bum booster. This fits in between the Diono's and uses the middle shoulder belt to secure the 6 year old. It takes a little help to get him buckled sometimes but it is worth it. Believe it or not, this is very highly rated from a safety standpoint.

I configured one of the Diono's so the 6 year old can also fit (he is small). If it is just me and two kids or less, he rides in the 5 point. If all three kids, he is in the middle on the Bubble Bum.

Old 11-04-2018, 04:26 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Nice. Congrats on the new GTS. Enjoy!

Quick Reply: PSA: Macan, car seats and 3 kids - IT WORKS