Macan 2014-Current

Wireless Phone Mount/Charger

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 06:41 PM
smichael
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Wireless Phone Mount/Charger

Just found a great combination DC plug with a magnetic mount/wireless charger that fits perfectly in the Macan console DC charger socket cavity, allowing you to just place your phone on the mount almost even with the surface, held in place by magnet (enclosed plates attached to phone back with or without a case) AND uses wireless charging to keep phone from draining while in use.

Wireless charging works with iPhone 8 and up and wireless charging capable Samsungs.

I found it at Staples, but it's also available at ebay and other places on the net (TZUMI Magnamount Q1 Wireless fast charging mount).

See pix

Last edited by smichael; 10-11-2018 at 06:43 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-15-2018, 11:45 PM
bwiele
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Very cool!
Old 10-16-2018, 12:19 AM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But if you are plugging into USB port in the center console to get CarPlay, why would you need this?
Old 10-16-2018, 09:54 PM
Mynoles1
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought this exact same piece for mine. I thought it was the perfect solution. Unfortunately, it proves otherwise, as the magnets just do not hold as firmly as I had hoped, and a sharp maneuver/braking will dislodge it. I even put some "extra" metal inside the phone case. It didn't help, really. I love the idea, but the real life execution ended up being a little disappointing.

I have searched high and low for the perfect mounting solution for my S, and it doesn't really exist. Negative on the vent mounts, I do not like blocking the fan/temp controls with that solution and sure don't want anything on my dash/windshield. Back to the old cup holder for me...….
Old 10-16-2018, 09:57 PM
Mynoles1
5th Gear

Originally Posted by promocop
But if you are plugging into USB port in the center console to get CarPlay, why would you need this?
Sorry, there is no Android CarPlay solution Not everyone is Apple. Plus, at least in my 2018 S, the center console unit and the "clip" mean to hold the phone isn't nearly large enough. Today's phones are simply too big for what that whole thing was intended to do.
Old 10-17-2018, 01:56 PM
bwiele
Pro

Buy the magnetic mount from Rennline. I have one in my Macan and one in my 911 and it's the perfect landing spot for my phone, both in exactly the same place. Love it. And easy to plug in from the center console if you want to charge/use Carplay, etc. I wish Rennline made them for all cars, I would buy them for my others.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:22 PM
Mynoles1
5th Gear

Originally Posted by bwiele
Buy the magnetic mount from Rennline. I have one in my Macan and one in my 911 and it's the perfect landing spot for my phone, both in exactly the same place. Love it. And easy to plug in from the center console if you want to charge/use Carplay, etc. I wish Rennline made them for all cars, I would buy them for my others.
I cannot speak for the OP, but in my case I do not want climate control switches, vents, passenger legroom or anything else blocked. The Rennline mounts look very sturdy, for sure, but not ideal for my needs. It's really odd that I did find the perfect phone holder built into a rental car the other day. I believe it was a new Impala, and it had a sloping "slot" that was large enough for any phone and angled away from the center storage area. It sat at the perfect angle to see it, could get a cord plugged into it and was otherwise spot on. Of course, not buying an Impala, but this isn't rocket science Porsche, BMW. et al......

I believe the technical terminology for my unresolved phone mount situation is "I'm screwed...…"
Old 10-19-2018, 05:27 PM
bwiele
Pro

If you put the Rennline mount in the lower position, the only thing it partially blocks are the passenger side temp and fan controls.

Quick Reply: Wireless Phone Mount/Charger