Macan 2014-Current

New Porsche Macan Exclusive Performance Edition

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 08:07 AM
porschenumba1
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New Porsche Macan Exclusive Performance Edition

Are you a fan of the design? The interior is a bit too much in my opinion..

Old 09-19-2018, 03:04 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,007 Posts

I don’t like alcantara seats or ‘appearance packages’ so the answer to your question is ‘meh.’

And it doesn’t matter to me anyway since it’s not available in the U.S.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/pors...ts-911-wheels/
Old 09-19-2018, 03:51 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Porsche creates and offers 'Exclusive' versions of most of their models from time to time, and has been doing so for years. This latest Macan Turbo PP edition looks nice IMO, I like it.

These Exclusive editions are all about those that want something limited and unique, price be damned. For those that look at these Exclusive editions as 'not enough bang for the buck' and overpriced for what you actually get, yeah, you're missing the point.

But to each his/her own. I applaud Porsche for offering them and showcasing their customization capabilities.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:23 PM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love the alcantara seats and the rest..Great
Old 09-20-2018, 03:30 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,160 Likes on 3,925 Posts

Originally Posted by CarGuyNVA
Porsche creates and offers 'Exclusive' versions of most of their models from time to time, and has been doing so for years. This latest Macan Turbo PP edition looks nice IMO, I like it.

These Exclusive editions are all about those that want something limited and unique, price be damned. For those that look at these Exclusive editions as 'not enough bang for the buck' and overpriced for what you actually get, yeah, you're missing the point.

But to each his/her own. I applaud Porsche for offering them and showcasing their customization capabilities.
+1, yup, that's the point.

I prefer my Pcars to be even more unique so I just make my own exclusive packages (928 Spyder, Widebody Cayenne, pink c2s with TT decklid, etc), but for those that don't have the time or skill, this is what's out there for them or the tuner route, like TechArt.
Old 09-20-2018, 03:54 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,007 Posts

There's a lot of variations in these exclusive editions. The TurboS EE from last year featured unique technology and unique performance enhancements. On the other hand the Endurance Racing 991 was - more-or-less - a bunch of stickers and not very good-looking IMO. Many of these EEs are forced on the dealers and don't sell. Our closest dealer had one of the ER 911 EEs forced on them. It sat for a year. They had all the external stickers removed and, subsequently, were able to sell it. Not ALL EEs are well-targeted.

By all means if you *like* a particular EE and have the means then go for it. If you don't like a particular EE but want it for an investment and have the means then go for it.

The Macan Turbo w/PP is a standard offering. This EE is added-on to it but other than cosmetic additions has nothing unique to it not even a non-standard exterior paint color.

The OP asked the question "are you a fan of the design [for this Macan]" not "are you a fan of Exclusive Editions."
Old 09-20-2018, 10:27 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by worf928
The OP asked the question "are you a fan of the design [for this Macan]" not "are you a fan of Exclusive Editions."
Given that the Macan in question was an EE, kind of the same thing. It just led to further discussion of Porsche EEs in general.

Quick Reply: New Porsche Macan Exclusive Performance Edition