Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Attention: Ordering a 2019 Macan?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 02:54 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 679 Likes on 419 Posts

The base 4 cylinder has always been the VW/Audi group's EA888 2.0T engine. Now the S V6 looks to be the same as the Audi SQ5's "hot V" single turbo 3.0L. They have nearly the same power figures. At least high flow down pipe swaps will be easier now.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:02 PM
nimprojects
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rasetsu
The base 4 cylinder has always been the VW/Audi group's EA888 2.0T engine. Now the S V6 looks to be the same as the Audi SQ5's "hot V" single turbo 3.0L.
Yep. That’s what I meant, but you explained it a lot better than I did : )
Old 12-13-2018, 10:09 AM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 228 Posts

Here's my first cut at a build for an S. Give me some feedback! Am I missing anything critical or picked something useless. Plan is to use as a daily driver in the south. Interior/exterior colors locked in by the wife.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PKNXQI90
Old 12-13-2018, 10:43 AM
Vise
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Pavegeno928
Here's my first cut at a build for an S. Give me some feedback! Am I missing anything critical or picked something useless. Plan is to use as a daily driver in the south. Interior/exterior colors locked in by the wife.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PKNXQI90
Nice build, lots of options but what else is new with Porsche.

Couple things I would change... if you're in the South you need seat ventilation, for me it is now mandatory in the summer and I use it constantly. Highly recommended and it works great. I also have Entry + Drive on both my vehicles and would not spec a new car without it. Also if you're in the South do you actually need the Heated Windshield?

Given you have the 14 way seats + Premium Package it might make more sense to go Premium Plus, it only adds $1700 to your spec and gives you ventilated seats, Entry + Drive, and the panoramic sunroof which I think is quite nice. Depends if you're a sunroof person or not though.

I would also add the Smoker's Package as the cover makes the center console look so much cleaner vs the big hole with the 12V socket. One other personal preference thing, I would go with one of the 20" or 21" wheel options as the Macan needs something bigger to fill out the wheel wells. Again personal preference but I see tons of Macan's with the 18 or 19 wheels and it just doesn't look right to me.

If I was spec'ing from new I would not consider any of the following either...

Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass - I would get Sport Exhaust so would defeat the purpose hahah
Ionizer - No idea what this is or what it does
Fuel Cap with Aluminum Look Finish - You can add this after the fact for the same price, put the $$ into an option you can't do at the dealership
Sunblind for Rear Side Windows - Just get it tinted with ceramic, will look better too
Reversible Loadspace Mat with Deviated Leather Edging incl. Sill Protection - This just seems expensive, get the OEM Porsche trunk mat and save $200
Roof Lining in Alcantara - While mandatory in a 911 not sure if its needed in a Macan not to mention you have no other Alcantara in the build. Big money option that I don't think you'll get much benefit out of, I don't miss it at all in my Macan.

Just my 2 cents, hope this helps... either way it sure beats working.
Old 12-13-2018, 04:17 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Vise
Nice build, lots of options but what else is new with Porsche.

Couple things I would change... if you're in the South you need seat ventilation, for me it is now mandatory in the summer and I use it constantly. Highly recommended and it works great. I also have Entry + Drive on both my vehicles and would not spec a new car without it. Also if you're in the South do you actually need the Heated Windshield?

Given you have the 14 way seats + Premium Package it might make more sense to go Premium Plus, it only adds $1700 to your spec and gives you ventilated seats, Entry + Drive, and the panoramic sunroof which I think is quite nice. Depends if you're a sunroof person or not though.

I would also add the Smoker's Package as the cover makes the center console look so much cleaner vs the big hole with the 12V socket. One other personal preference thing, I would go with one of the 20" or 21" wheel options as the Macan needs something bigger to fill out the wheel wells. Again personal preference but I see tons of Macan's with the 18 or 19 wheels and it just doesn't look right to me.

If I was spec'ing from new I would not consider any of the following either...

Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass - I would get Sport Exhaust so would defeat the purpose hahah
Ionizer - No idea what this is or what it does
Fuel Cap with Aluminum Look Finish - You can add this after the fact for the same price, put the $$ into an option you can't do at the dealership
Sunblind for Rear Side Windows - Just get it tinted with ceramic, will look better too
Reversible Loadspace Mat with Deviated Leather Edging incl. Sill Protection - This just seems expensive, get the OEM Porsche trunk mat and save $200
Roof Lining in Alcantara - While mandatory in a 911 not sure if its needed in a Macan not to mention you have no other Alcantara in the build. Big money option that I don't think you'll get much benefit out of, I don't miss it at all in my Macan.

Just my 2 cents, hope this helps... either way it sure beats working.
I agree 100%. Sport Exhaust or not, I would nix the thermally and noise insulated glass as I think ceramic window tint would be cheaper and more effective at blocking out heat. The rear windows are already pretty dark from the factory and the fronts are clear. Adding this option doesn't change that. If it were a $200 option, then no harm, no foul, but $900 is hefty. Entry and drive as well as ventilated seats are much more practical options. Ditto on losing the Alcantara roof and rear trunk mat. Unless you have Alcantara seat centers, having it on the roof doesn't make much sense. And that is big money for a mat that is supposed to get dirty. For that price, you can get the rear cargo management system which includes a double sided mat or just get a Weathertech or OEM rubber one.

20" wheels are the perfect fit for the Macan, but Porsche really jacked up the wheel upgrade option. All 20" wheel options are now $3K range versus $1500 range on the 2018s.
Old 12-15-2018, 10:48 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by rasetsu
I agree 100%. Sport Exhaust or not, I would nix the thermally and noise insulated glass as I think ceramic window tint would be cheaper and more effective at blocking out heat. The rear windows are already pretty dark from the factory and the fronts are clear. Adding this option doesn't change that. If it were a $200 option, then no harm, no foul, but $900 is hefty. Entry and drive as well as ventilated seats are much more practical options. Ditto on losing the Alcantara roof and rear trunk mat. Unless you have Alcantara seat centers, having it on the roof doesn't make much sense. And that is big money for a mat that is supposed to get dirty. For that price, you can get the rear cargo management system which includes a double sided mat or just get a Weathertech or OEM rubber one.

20" wheels are the perfect fit for the Macan, but Porsche really jacked up the wheel upgrade option. All 20" wheel options are now $3K range versus $1500 range on the 2018s.
I like the 21 inch RS wheels on the Macan S.
Old 12-16-2018, 09:38 AM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Appreciate the great inputs. Learned a few thing that I hadn't considered.

- Smoker's Package - I have it on my 991, and would like it in the Macan, but the description says it deletes the two USB plug-ins for the rear seat so I think that's a no-go unless I am mis-reading.
- Like the idea of the Cargo Management System over the deviated mat. I'm always concerned about junk in the back causing injury in a mishap. if we go that route, we will tick the Tequipment Sill Protection option.
- Struggling with 21" Sport Classic over the stock 19". The 21s only come in summer tires so any trip in the winter now means ordering a winter wheel/tire set so a $2900 Sport Classic wheel means another $2800 for winter wheel/tire with the cheapest option. Still hard to justify but I love the Sport Classics. I drove all-weathers in my Yukon in Germany and after one winter we went out and bought a set of snow tires. Much better so I do like the idea of dedicated wheels/tires even if just for a month or two in the cold weather and for a northern trip option in the winter.
- Might tick the Premium Plus and nix the alcantara headliner. Wife and I disagree over the Panoramic roof. I have it in the 991 and absolutely love it, but not a deal-breaker for me, so it may not be in the final configuration. I would much prefer the Entry & Drive.
- We do get many days below freezing in Alabama so the heated windshield is nice for those few times. I don't ever want to scrape another windshield again. I had it on the one of the helicopters I flew. Nothing like flicking a switch and 10 seconds later a clear windshield.
- Thermally/Noise Insulated Glass intrigues me. Searches show a lot of positive feedback on this option from people that have it. I have Sport Exhaust on my 991 and nothing can be better than that sound so not getting it on the Macan.

Thanks!
Old 12-16-2018, 09:55 AM
anselmw
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Does anyone know when the turbo configuration will be up. We have a 2015 turbo and have been waiting for the 19 specs so we can order.
Old 12-16-2018, 03:32 PM
mander
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

If I were to order a 19 Macan S this month any guess as to when I would get it?
Old 12-16-2018, 08:27 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

- Smoker's Package - I have it on my 991, and would like it in the Macan, but the description says it deletes the two USB plug-ins for the rear seat so I think that's a no-go unless I am mis-reading.
- Might tick the Premium Plus and nix the alcantara headliner. Wife and I disagree over the Panoramic roof. I have it in the 991 and absolutely love it, but not a deal-breaker for me, so it may not be in the final configuration. I would much prefer the Entry & Drive.
On the Smoker's Package + USB ports there was actually a thread on this over at Macan Forum (not Rennlist, Google it) and apparently the rear USB ports are there with/without the smoker's package. Should probably get confirmation from someone that has taken delivery of a 2019 but I'd be surprised if they made a change to this as part of the facelift.

On the Pano roof don't forget there is a blind that you can close that blocks it out pretty well... it is part of the Premium Plus package too and everything else in there is well worth it. Keep in mind on the Macan it is significantly larger than on the 991 and it lets in a ton of light brightening up the cabin (with the blind open of course).

The Sport Classic wheels are definitely a great look too but I'm biased as they are my summer set... given when you'll likely take delivery you'll be good until next winter so plenty of time to put a few bucks aside for a winter setup.
Old 12-17-2018, 12:57 AM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

I have a 2018 GTS with smoker's package and the rear USB ports are still there.

One thing to consider on the 21" wheels is the extra rotational mass. It's a non-issue for the 300+ hp and torque of the V6s but they could be a drag on the 2.0L.
Old 12-20-2018, 07:26 AM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

- Like the idea of the Cargo Management System over the deviated mat. I'm always concerned about junk in the back causing injury in a mishap. if we go that route, we will tick the Tequipment Sill Protection option.
- Struggling with 21" Sport Classic over the stock 19". The 21s only come in summer tires so any trip in the winter now means ordering a winter wheel/tire set so a $2900 Sport Classic wheel means another $2800 for winter wheel/tire with the cheapest option. Still hard to justify but I love the Sport Classics. I drove all-weathers in my Yukon in Germany and after one winter we went out and bought a set of snow tires. Much better so I do like the idea of dedicated wheels/tires even if just for a month or two in the cold weather and for a northern trip option in the winter.
- We do get many days below freezing in Alabama so the heated windshield is nice for those few times. I don't ever want to scrape another windshield again. I had it on the one of the helicopters I flew. Nothing like flicking a switch and 10 seconds later a clear windshield.
- Thermally/Noise Insulated Glass intrigues me. Searches show a lot of positive feedback on this option from people that have it. I have Sport Exhaust on my 991 and nothing can be better than that sound so not getting it on the Macan.

Thanks!
Thanks to all for more of the inputs. Made some tweaks. We have until Feb to make last-minute changes, but think we are pretty close.

Got confirmation of Euro delivery first week of July. Also learned English Euro delivery is every day now at Zuffenhausen even though the website only lists Mon, Wed, Fri as English delivery dates.

Here's the latest build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PK4VIKR1

Added Cargo Management, seat ventilation, and Smoker's Package
Deleted the alcantara headliner and heated windshield
Went with the full leather and Sport Design Exterior Mirrors
Decided on the 19" Macan Sport Wheels. Just couldn't justify the additional cost of the 20/21 inch wheels and winter tires in the south.
Old 12-20-2018, 12:11 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

You still don't have Entry and Drive. I think the thermal glass is worth trading for the Entry and Drive. You can ceramic tint every piece of glass on the Macan for around half the price as the glass option. The vehicle is pretty darn quiet as it is. It's no Lexus LS quiet but part of the of the fun of a Porsche is hearing some of the sounds the car makes. Entry and Drive is not something you can add on later whereas you can make the car cooler and quieter later with tint and Dynamat if you really feel the need. If money isn't an issue, then get both but Entry and Drive is something that would be much more appreciated on a daily basis.

Have you tried one with the Surround View? I find that system to be very cool and very useful. It's another feature I use every day as opposed to Sport Chrono which is neat to have but I've only activated it maybe 5 times in a year of ownership. Again, if you have the money, get both but Sport Chrono really won't be used very much if at all. That was one of the first boxes I checked as well and never unchecked it either so I get it.
Old 12-22-2018, 02:12 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by mander
If I were to order a 19 Macan S this month any guess as to when I would get it?
I spoke to my SA and he said that allocations should be out in 1Q 2019 and first US deliveries will be in the late summer of 2019 (July/Aug).
Old 12-22-2018, 10:24 AM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

I've got a March allocation for a 2 July Euro delivery.

Quick Reply: Attention: Ordering a 2019 Macan?