Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Attention: Ordering a 2019 Macan?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 06:18 PM
993KHTO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you paying full MSRP for Macan S in USA?
Old 12-26-2018, 01:17 AM
nightfire
Advanced

What kind of discounts are you guys getting on 2019 Macan S orders in the US? I'm looking to order one for my mom this week. Thanks
Old 12-26-2018, 09:55 AM
993KHTO
Racer

Originally Posted by nightfire
What kind of discounts are you guys getting on 2019 Macan S orders in the US? I'm looking to order one for my mom this week. Thanks
So far I’m not seeing any discount to MSRP on Macan S in USA from dealers. Even if I trade in my Cayenne.
Old 12-26-2018, 09:57 AM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by nightfire
Going next weekend to negotiate.
Old 01-01-2019, 04:37 PM
mikes70
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Pavegeno928

- We do get many days below freezing in Alabama so the heated windshield is nice for those few times. I don't ever want to scrape another windshield again. I had it on the one of the helicopters I flew. Nothing like flicking a switch and 10 seconds later a clear windshield.
- Thermally/Noise Insulated Glass intrigues me. Searches show a lot of positive feedback on this option from people that have it. I have Sport Exhaust on my 991 and nothing can be better than that sound so not getting it on the Macan.

Thanks!
A couple of things to ponder regarding the glass.
-the heated w/s, scraping=scratching. that i believe will pay dividends if you can avoid concrete trucks (funny/not funny_)
-thermally/noise resistant glass, very expensive to replace (and accessibility if keeping the car over 10+ years). Not a big help for sound when using winter tires, this opinion is not based on this particular vehicle, just others i've owned. I have no intentions of having winter tires for mine, although i do plan on taking it to the mountains, i guess i'll have to play that by ear...
-As far as solar heat gain values go, i really do believe that is relative to color of car....

either way, thanx for the info, it's always fun to learn about these cars (i frickin love my GTS)....
Old 01-01-2019, 07:35 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mikes70
A couple of things to ponder regarding the glass.
-the heated w/s, scraping=scratching. that i believe will pay dividends if you can avoid concrete trucks (funny/not funny_)
-thermally/noise resistant glass, very expensive to replace (and accessibility if keeping the car over 10+ years). Not a big help for sound when using winter tires, this opinion is not based on this particular vehicle, just others i've owned. I have no intentions of having winter tires for mine, although i do plan on taking it to the mountains, i guess i'll have to play that by ear...
-As far as solar heat gain values go, i really do believe that is relative to color of car....

either way, thanx for the info, it's always fun to learn about these cars (i frickin love my GTS)....
Thanks!
Old 01-01-2019, 09:43 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

What are some of the "must have" options to get for the Macan S?
Old 01-01-2019, 11:49 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

I've read on another thread (don't remember where) that this new heated front windscreen/windshield might have wires embedded in the glass (like in the rear window for defrosting), which can be distracting and annoying.
This is the case on some non-Porsches, I understand. I have not heard how they heat the windshields in Porsches -- this is a very new feature to Porsche, I think. Does anybody know for sure about this?

This article may explain things, if Porsche is using the VW concept:
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/v...ilament-wires/
Old 01-05-2019, 01:42 AM
mikes70
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by cometguy
I've read on another thread (don't remember where) that this new heated front windscreen/windshield might have wires embedded in the glass (like in the rear window for defrosting), which can be distracting and annoying.
This is the case on some non-Porsches, I understand. I have not heard how they heat the windshields in Porsches -- this is a very new feature to Porsche, I think. Does anybody know for sure about this?

This article may explain things, if Porsche is using the VW concept:
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/v...ilament-wires/
It's been around in different makes for years. Primarily installed onto the back-glass but instances of where its in the front. Wires are very fine (small current runs through it causing the heat) and almost non visible to the naked eye. The wires aren't on top of the glass in the windshield, they are in between the two panes (it's laminated glass, thin glass over lamination film over thin glass, unlike the sides and back which are single lite glass tempered). And, none of this is considered double pane-thermal, (even though laminated glass has two pieces of glass, there's no "air-gap" which makes it thermal pane)

Old 01-08-2019, 07:00 AM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mikes70
It's been around in different makes for years. Primarily installed onto the back-glass but instances of where its in the front. Wires are very fine (small current runs through it causing the heat) and almost non visible to the naked eye. The wires aren't on top of the glass in the windshield, they are in between the two panes (it's laminated glass, thin glass over lamination film over thin glass, unlike the sides and back which are single lite glass tempered). And, none of this is considered double pane-thermal, (even though laminated glass has two pieces of glass, there's no "air-gap" which makes it thermal pane)
I had this on a helicopter I flew. Ice in the morning or while flying and flip the switch. Within a few seconds no more ice.
Old 01-08-2019, 05:57 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Final build barring any last minute changes submitted to PCNA. Euro Delivery in Stuttgart/Zuffenhausen. Thanks for the inputs. It's going to be a great machine now that our son has outgrown the back seats of the 911/50.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PKQ2BGV2

Wife loves chalk and I wanted the full leather after having it on the 911/50th. Went with 19" wheels. Didn't like any of the 20" wheels. The 21s are nice but only come with summer tires which triggers buying a winter wheel/tire set for all-season flexibility.

Went with thermally/noise insulated. Too darned hot in southern Alabama and not keen on handing my car over to a tinting shop after bad experiences with them with my 88 911. Also specced the heated windshield as noted above. Never want to have to scrape ice again.

Selected the roof rails since, like the trailer preparation, you can't add it later without significant problems/expense. May never use roof transport, but nice to have the option especially stepping down in size from a Yukon.

Ticked all the performance options like Air Suspension, PTV, and Sport Chrono because...Porsche, there is no substitute.

Was skeptical of the Lane Keep/Assist and Adaptive cruise control, but after trying it on a test drive I think it's amazing.

Smoker's package for having the cover over the outlet. Did not sacrifice the rear USBs so that was important.

Splurged on the Alcantara headliner because we love it on our 911/50 and Cayman and didn't want a sunroof on a SUV.

Trying the Cargo Management System since we have a dog and it comes with a mat.

Skipped the Entry and Drive. Wife doesn't like it on our 911/50. Been several times we went somewhere and I got dropped off but had the keys and she started driving off without them. Becomes a pain. I will miss not having it, but she let me spec some things that she wasn't crazy about. We are good at give and take with each either. She's a car gal and gets into it almost as much as I do.

Can't wait to do Euro Delivery in July. Having lived in Stuttgart for three years from 2014-2017, we are going to visit all of our favorite places in southern Germany and Austria. Going to be a honeymoon about 18 years overdue.

More to follow on the garage setup as I am getting it ready with a four-post lift and epoxy floor.

Last edited by Pavegeno928; 01-11-2019 at 10:35 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:57 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 679 Likes on 419 Posts

So there was a discussion in one of my other groups about assistance cameras so I took a pic of the surround view on my Macan and my garage space that I park into using it. I use it daily and am very glad I optioned it.

Old 01-11-2019, 07:55 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rasetsu
So there was a discussion in one of my other groups about assistance cameras so I took a pic of the surround view on my Macan and my garage space that I park into using it. I use it daily and am very glad I optioned it.
I like that.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:09 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 679 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by Pavegeno928
I like that.
Like PTV+, I never see a dealer order it for inventory and thus it's something that isn't demonstrated when this is something that can be an easy sell. I find it to be a great feature that works well.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:23 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

I fear that there could be big delays in deliveries of all 2019 European cars in the USA, due to the government shutdown here, because of the need for EPA (and CARB) certification of the new EU-mandated particulate filters in the emissions system. If anybody hears any news about this, please post here.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...et/2552407002/

Quick Reply: Attention: Ordering a 2019 Macan?