Base model build

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 04:22 PM
LandCruiser
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Base model build

So my 2018 4 banger finally came in.

Midnight blue, grey base interior, front skid, smoking package, front heaters, model delete.

Got the chance to drive it on errands and it's very fast even at high elevation (8k) with the 4 cylinder model. The seats are super comfy (less on the sporty side and more on the squishy end that I like). Handling is great and it stops like there's a boat anchor out back.

Things I don't like is that the seat material pulls my girlfriend's yoga pants off her butt and she flashed everyone at King Sooper's getting out, there's only one grocery hook, and the Parking sensor is ultra sensitive.

Color looks blue, purple, or black depending on the light and the interior looks grey or dusty tan.

Engine noise is exactly what you'd expect, lol.

The high profile tires on 18" are super comfy and mine came with the Scorpions which I had on an FJ Cruiser years ago. They are great on dusty washboard roads without slipping too much.

Center console is tiny and will only fit a very small gun is my biggest gripe.

I'm not a pizza man, that box is for keeping carry out warm in the winter.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:41 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 228 Posts

Very cool!
Old 08-20-2018, 09:41 PM
wwahl
Pro

Received 130 Likes on 106 Posts

You will soon learn to reach over your head after starting the car and push the rear button on the left to turn off the parking sensor. This becomes automatic after time.
Old 08-21-2018, 04:29 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Congrats, very nice! Enjoy it!
Old 08-27-2018, 04:10 PM
LandCruiser
Intermediate

A little more observations after putting 1000 miles on it.

Mine came with privacy glass, which the configurator didn't show (it was an option I didn't get), not sure if it's the "thermal and sound insulating glass" or did they just throw in a tint for free, either way nice. Also the configurator didn't show a clock on the dash, but mine has one (the time is in a grand total of 3 places in the cabin just in case you really need to know).

There's a little turbo lag in the mountains, but it's not terrible. The 2.0T is a great engine.

I'm also averaging 27mpg, which seems a bit high for what I was expecting.

And yes, I had them drill the front bumper for the license plate holder, I go to Denver enough that I don't want a ticket. Both of my friends, one who has a 4x4 with off road bumper and the other who has an R8, got tickets recently.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:54 PM
LandCruiser
Intermediate

And since this is an "enthusiast" forum, here are some more pictures after my lazy *** washed my car.

Quick Reply: Base model build