Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Stealth Hitches Macan Customer Reviews!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 09:52 PM
StealthHitches
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stealth Hitches Macan Customer Reviews!!

Hello Rennlist!

We are a new sponsor and would like to introduce ourselves and our product to give you an idea of who we are. We will be posting Macan customer reviews for our hitch with photos and insights to our product! We hope you all find this to be a helpful resource. Feel free to respond to the thread with any questions you may have as we would love to assist you. You may also contact us via live chat on our website https://stealthhitches.com/ calling us toll-free at 833-MYHITCH (694-4824) or emailing info@stealthhitches.com. These reviews can be found on our website as well!

Here also is a link to our video that demonstrates how our hitches are made to be hidden:

Enjoy!
Stealth Hitches

Last edited by StealthHitches; 07-24-2018 at 03:46 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:53 PM
StealthHitches
Former Vendor

Default First Macan Review!! Anonymous

"Great communication

I purchased the hitch for my 2017 Macan GTS over the holidays. Communication from Steve was immediate and even though shipping was a bit delayed, I received many updates throughout the process. He even sent me installation instructions for my specific model. I’ll be installing it in two weeks."
Old 07-16-2018, 09:55 PM
StealthHitches
Former Vendor

Default Review from Daniel B. with PHOTOS!!

"Great Hitch for the Porsche Macan

I recently purchased a new Porsche Macan that did not come with a stock receiver installed. After doing some research I decided to give the Stealth Hitch a try. I couldn’t be more pleased! My local dealer agreed to do the install, the price of the Stealth Hitch and the install was less than the cost of the Porsche receiver NOT installed. Not only was I thrilled, the service department at Porsche also loved this hitch and receiver. With the hitch removed you have no idea that this car has the capability to either tow or rack a set of bikes! Btw- definitely go with the combo package you just never know when you might want to hook up a trailer and we’ll worth the addition $200! The customer service at Stealth Hitch, their online videos and instructions were second to none!"

The first two photos show a below-the-vehicle view of the Stealth Hitch installed, no accessories attached (rack connector or ball mount). The third photo is a higher rear view of the hitch installed, no accessories attached.

Thank you for your kind words and photos, Daniel B.!

Old 07-16-2018, 09:56 PM
StealthHitches
Former Vendor

Default Ryne V. from the US

"Quality engineered and Top-Line product!

I was looking for a good hitch solution for my 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo, primarily for bikes, which also gave me the option for an RV braking trailer. Stealth Hitch customer service provided knowledgeably info on hitches and trailers that helped me understand the benefits of their hitch system. I strongly preferred the invisible look, when not using the hitch, no banging at starts/stops, the high quality of their parts and the fact, unlike most non-OEM hitches, the Stealth Hitch preserves the car's safety crumple zones. I watched much the installation process, which was flawless, and also gave me great re-assurance in the quality of the product (as well as the installation). I have had the bike rack on and it works great. Planning a 400 mile trip to FL beaches with the rack soon and I have confidence in the hitch!"

Safe and fun travels ahead! Thank you, Ryne V.!!
Old 07-16-2018, 09:57 PM
StealthHitches
Former Vendor

Default Anonymous Review

"Amazing hitch design - it's so awesome to find an American company doing things so very right!

I spoke with Steve the owner by phone prior to making the purchase. It was evident talking with him that Stealth Hitches clearly has a deep understanding of the automobile industry (e.g., vehicle structures, collision characteristics, NHTSA requirements, the functional and long-term durability requirements of aftermarket production, and the critical importance of overall product design integrity and world-class manufacturing and quality control processes). It is so refreshing to find a company building products in the United States, doing it just like you would (i.e., doing it right - without cutting corners!!!!!), and even being sure to express appreciation for your business! It seems so simple - yet is so very rare and difficult to find anymore! I will not order an OE hitch on any future vehicle that Stealth Hitches manufacturers a product for. The hitch's design, materials, and quality make it worth every penny (even if it didn't have its hidden and removable features) - you'll be delighted with this product purchase! Thank you, Steve!"
Old 07-16-2018, 09:58 PM
StealthHitches
Former Vendor

Default Jeff F. from the US

"Great Hitch for the Macan!

I followed the installation instructions which were clear and complete. It took me less than four hours to install, and I had no issues. The main reason it took that long was being careful on the removal of the bumper cover to make sure that I didn't break anything. Also I found that I did have to remove the rear wheels and support the car on jack stands to have access to all of the screws. The finished hitch is invisible except when the receiver is installed. I use it only for a bike rack, so I did not get the trailer package. It was less than half the cost of the factory hitch parts, and I like that it is not visible except when being used."

The first photo shows the Stealth Hitch installed, no accessories attached. The second photo shows the rack connector inserted into the hitch.

Thank you, Jeff F.!

Old 07-16-2018, 09:59 PM
StealthHitches
Former Vendor

Default Robert C. with a Review and Photos!

"2016 Macan Stealth Hitch

I self installed this Hitch and the directions were outstanding, one hint read over the complete directions and then start. It helped me. the only thing I had some trouble with is the additional 2ea. back mounting bolts, you need 2 people to do this task. everything else went as directed by instructions. turned out great and I cant say it looks great because you really can't see anything."

The first photo shows the Stealth Hitch installed, no accessories attached. The second photo shows the ball mount inserted.

Thank you for the great photos and review, Robert C.!

Old 07-18-2018, 07:26 PM
Van Larson
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 106 Posts
Default Stealth

Getting mine installed Monday with lowering links for AS. Had this early on my ‘13Q5 and was very happy. Macan should be even better since no removal of oem center hitch cover (on S-Line Q) is required. Thinking of resurrecting the dremeled out rectangle piece and working on reattachment tabs and will update on progress. Recommended vs. oem.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:45 AM
StealthHitches
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Van Larson
Getting mine installed Monday with lowering links for AS. Had this early on my ‘13Q5 and was very happy. Macan should be even better since no removal of oem center hitch cover (on S-Line Q) is required. Thinking of resurrecting the dremeled out rectangle piece and working on reattachment tabs and will update on progress. Recommended vs. oem.
We appreciate the kind words. We're excited for you and looking forward to some photos after the install!!
Old 07-23-2018, 06:18 PM
StealthHitches
Former Vendor

Default Greg B. from the US

"Awesome Stealth hitch

As advertised, it took about 4 hours to install. Great instructions to follow for my Porsche Macan S. My Porsche dealer wanted $2100 to install a bike carrier hitch only. Less than $500 and a bit elbow crease, the job is done."

The photo shows a bike rack connected to our rack connector inserted into the Stealth Hitch.

Thank you, Greg B.!
Old 07-25-2018, 12:25 PM
Van Larson
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 106 Posts
Default Stealth redux

ok, here it is on an ‘18 Turbo. I emailed Steve as to a small issue regarding measurement dimension on driver’s side rear valance rectangle cut out. My installer actually did 8” (vs spec 7 3/4) to begin with. The light receptacle holder extended too far to the left into the uncut area making it impossible to flip down the receptacle cover due to interference. Since the panel had been cut and he’s,working on a reattach,ent system to reinstall the cut out cover panel when bad weather (optional I know), he instead fabbed from aluminum a shorter bracket which solved the problem. I don’t know whether the ‘18 Turbo valance differs from base or S please note, but from this experience, you would need to go to 8.5 inches (and into the next left ‘strake’) to avoid this issue. Otherwise 100% no issue install.

Old 07-26-2018, 11:29 AM
StealthHitches
Former Vendor

Thank you for the photos and informative feedback! We will be looking into that specific year and trim package for possible adjustments.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:33 PM
BobPopular
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would you mind updating this thread when the issue has been resolved? I have an '18 Turbo PP and would like to order after the necessary adjustment has been made.
Old 07-31-2018, 12:59 PM
StealthHitches
Former Vendor

Default Dan R. from the US

"Very solidly built

I got my hitch installed today, the steps were clear and things went smoothly. This hitch is very solid, every part fit nicely"

Thank you, Dan R.!!

The first photo is of our Stealth Hitch in its packaging. The second photo is mid-install before the hitch is installed.
Old 08-02-2018, 01:19 PM
ozziegt
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

This hitch maintains the factory impact absorber correct? So where is the mount point for the hitch?

Quick Reply: Stealth Hitches Macan Customer Reviews!!