Finally some pics of my ‘new’ CPO GTS

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 07:42 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts
Default Finally some pics of my ‘new’ CPO GTS

Greetings all,

I posted recently about by new acquisition of a low miles, nicely optioned CPO 2017 Macan GTS replacing my 2011 CTT. I finally got out the good Nikon gear and got a few pics to share.

Old 07-01-2018, 08:17 AM
Hams911
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

Looks great! Nice camera work also! Enjoy the new ride.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:43 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,734 Likes on 1,637 Posts

I'm looking for something negative to say to burst your bubble, so "Your steering wheel is crooked". JK

Those are some amazing shots and what a beautiful ride. Have you don't the cross comparison review yet?

Congrats on the new ride, she's a beaut.
Old 07-01-2018, 05:00 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
I'm looking for something negative to say to burst your bubble, so "Your steering wheel is crooked". JK

Those are some amazing shots and what a beautiful ride. Have you don't the cross comparison review yet?

Congrats on the new ride, she's a beaut.
Hahahahaha! Thanks!

What are you doing over here in Macan-land?
Old 07-03-2018, 04:59 PM
Harsany
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 40 Posts

Very Sweet
Old 07-03-2018, 07:57 PM
BMW_550i
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats, How do you like it? what made you chose it instead of new one? Price?
I am in the same bought as I am eyeing a CPO 2017 GTS but my dealer also have 2018 CPO Cayenne S but I don't know if it worth the extra.
Old 07-03-2018, 10:03 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Originally Posted by BMW_550i
Congrats, How do you like it? what made you chose it instead of new one? Price?
I am in the same bought as I am eyeing a CPO 2017 GTS but my dealer also have 2018 CPO Cayenne S but I don't know if it worth the extra.
It’s virtually like brand new for a significant discount. Plus it was a great build with some unique options, and finally with the CPO I was actually a little better off warranty-wise versus a brand new one. No brainer. Couldn’t be happier!
Old 07-08-2018, 01:22 AM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 474 Posts

Fantastic! Congrats!
Old 07-08-2018, 06:15 PM
Eticket1337
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:29 PM
CloseEncounters
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greetings, fellow NVA'er and recent MY '18 GTS owner here, allow me to say "that black looks stunning" especially with those Red seats...would be nice seeing her in person. Do you have any updates planned or keeping her stock? Mine is Volcano Grey with Black interior and Red stitching up with 6000 miles, picked her up right after being turned in by a Porsche Executive ...lucked out as it was built with a ton of extra options. I've already started doing some mods to make mine unique.
Old 07-08-2018, 09:35 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Originally Posted by CloseEncounters
Greetings, fellow NVA'er and recent MY '18 GTS owner here, allow me to say "that black looks stunning" especially with those Red seats...would be nice seeing her in person. Do you have any updates planned or keeping her stock? Mine is Volcano Grey with Black interior and Red stitching up with 6000 miles, picked her up right after being turned in by a Porsche Executive ...lucked out as it was built with a ton of extra options. I've already started doing some mods to make mine unique.
After decades of enthusiast/special interest auto ownership, these days I prefer to stick with OEM parts & accessories. My GTS is very well optioned from the factory (colored gauge faces, seat belts, carbon fiber pkg, carbon fiber steering wheel, etc). It’s pretty much perfect to me the way it is, hence the reason I purchased this one. The only two OEM Porsche accessories I’m considering at this time is a center console lid with the Porsche crest or model logo, and the Exclusive shift ****.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:17 PM
sapman
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

How do you like the power of the GTS coming from a Cayenne Turbo?
Old 07-09-2018, 07:14 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Originally Posted by sapman
How do you like the power of the GTS coming from a Cayenne Turbo?
Two quite different powerplants, two very different characters. With the CTT having a V8 TT, there’s torque everywhere. Sure the horsepower is up there too at 500, but it’s the torque that you feel/experience day in and day out. The GTS V6 TT just can’t really compete in that department, especially below 3k rpm. Therefore in real world street use, the CTT is going to have an acceleration advantage in most situations because of this, and you feel it.

That said the Macan GTS is no slouch. If you look at published road test specs from the major sources, on the track the Macan GTS acceleration figures in flat out test conditions actually aren’t too far behind the CTT (weight, transmission, etc. come into play here). I really enjoy the overall driving dynamics of the Macan GTS versus the CTT. But in real world acceleration in most street scenarios, that V8 torque is going to have the upper hand. But then again, acceleration is but one piece of the overall vehicle. I have no regrets moving to the Macan GTS from my CTT. I love them both, and like everything, they each have their pros and cons. After two CTTs however, I was ready for a bit of a change. Having had a Macan GTS service loaner last year for about a month helped make my decision much easier when I decided to move to something else.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:28 AM
sapman
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CarGuyNVA

Two quite different powerplants, two very different characters. With the CTT having a V8 TT, there’s torque everywhere. Sure the horsepower is up there too at 500, but it’s the torque that you feel/experience day in and day out. The GTS V6 TT just can’t really compete in that department, especially below 3k rpm. Therefore in real world street use, the CTT is going to have an acceleration advantage in most situations because of this, and you feel it.

That said the Macan GTS is no slouch. If you look at published road test specs from the major sources, on the track the Macan GTS acceleration figures in flat out test conditions actually aren’t too far behind the CTT (weight, transmission, etc. come into play here). I really enjoy the overall driving dynamics of the Macan GTS versus the CTT. But in real world acceleration in most street scenarios, that V8 torque is going to have the upper hand. But then again, acceleration is but one piece of the overall vehicle. I have no regrets moving to the Macan GTS from my CTT. I love them both, and like everything, they each have their pros and cons. After two CTTs however, I was ready for a bit of a change. Having had a Macan GTS service loaner last year for about a month helped make my decision much easier when I decided to move to something else.
Thanks. Am mulling a move from my old 955 Turbo and the 95B GTS looks like the sweet spot in the Macan range.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:43 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Originally Posted by sapman

Thanks. Am mulling a move from my old 955 Turbo and the 95B GTS looks like the sweet spot in the Macan range.
I would agree completely that the GTS is the Macan lineup sweet spot. Coming from a Cayenne Turbo, I first looked at and drove several Macan Turbos, but kept coming back to the GTS model. I just prefer it’s character and driving dynamics.

Quick Reply: Finally some pics of my ‘new’ CPO GTS