Macan 2014-Current

Finally some pics of my ‘new’ CPO GTS

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 12:54 AM
evil panda
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 73 Posts

congrats!

got a question for you - do you find the CF parts of the steering wheel rim slippery at times? i test drove a Macan with that steering wheel and felt that way at times. i added it to my order because it looks so nice, but am now having second thoughts...
Old 07-16-2018, 12:28 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by evil panda
congrats!

got a question for you - do you find the CF parts of the steering wheel rim slippery at times? i test drove a Macan with that steering wheel and felt that way at times. i added it to my order because it looks so nice, but am now having second thoughts...
It's funny you ask this....just this Saturday I met up with a fellow Rennlister and he was asking me the same about the CF steering wheel. I joked that it felt just like the plastic steering wheels on my parents old 60s GM cars back in the day

Seriously though, I haven't found it to be slippery or objectionable in any way. I really like it, and unlike leather it doesn't degrade or need any real upkeep or maintenance like a leather steering wheel does that's being handled all the time (it still has leather sections to the sides, but most of it is CF). I really like the look, especially with the complete CF interior trim package which I also have. Every time in the past when I'd use the online Porsche Configurator to spec out a Macan model, I'd always add the CF steering wheel to the build. Glad I have it.

My advice would be to keep it on your build. It's a unique option you don't often see on most of them.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:27 PM
evil panda
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by CarGuyNVA
It's funny you ask this....just this Saturday I met up with a fellow Rennlister and he was asking me the same about the CF steering wheel. I joked that it felt just like the plastic steering wheels on my parents old 60s GM cars back in the day

Seriously though, I haven't found it to be slippery or objectionable in any way. I really like it, and unlike leather it doesn't degrade or need any real upkeep or maintenance like a leather steering wheel does that's being handled all the time (it still has leather sections to the sides, but most of it is CF). I really like the look, especially with the complete CF interior trim package which I also have. Every time in the past when I'd use the online Porsche Configurator to spec out a Macan model, I'd always add the CF steering wheel to the build. Glad I have it.

My advice would be to keep it on your build. It's a unique option you don't often see on most of them.
thanks, this is what i wanted to hear. enablement at its finest
Old 07-21-2018, 01:01 AM
wwahl
Pro

Received 130 Likes on 106 Posts

Make certain you choose the heated option as this is really great!
Old 07-21-2018, 03:10 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by wwahl
Make certain you choose the heated option as this is really great!
Agree. My CF steering wheel is heated, and if I’m not mistaken, I believe the CF steering wheel option on the Macan is heated by default?

Quick Reply: Finally some pics of my ‘new’ CPO GTS