Macan 2014-Current

S vs GTS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 04:38 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd B
If you start adding the included GTS options into an S build, then you are just better off to get the GTS.
Absolutely, no question.
Old 06-19-2018, 10:34 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 191 Posts

I tried to configure an S that matches my gts optionwise and the S is priced higher.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:13 PM
KM1959
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Picking a car is all about personal choices, what works for you is different for me and even Bob down the street. Research them and go visit a few dealers to see how you feel about other's opinions that you've been reading.

This is a luxury item, logically the money makes no sense. Want an SUV? Go buy a Honda for 1/2 the price of a Macan. Want a Porsche, get a Porsche, but get one without compromise or you'll be either rationalizing why you didn't "need" the extra 80 HP of a Turbo PP. If you're like me, God help you, I'm truly sorry, you want it all at the best price possible. So I bought a used, well-optioned Turbo for about $50K less than brand new. Did it feel or look like a used car? Nope. Was it a loaded Turbo for stripper S money? Yup. Are my friends in their S's envious? Admittedly.
Was I glad I didn't get the S? Yup, ecstatic!

Would this work for you? Probably not. No one listens to me
Old 07-03-2018, 02:45 PM
Grindahl
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried to configure an GTS that matches my S option-wise and the GTS is priced higher.
Old 07-03-2018, 04:56 PM
Harsany
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 40 Posts

In regards to the drive. I recently acquired a 2018 GTS after having an S for two years. In my opinion there is a big difference between the two. The GTS is quicker, the sound is more aggressive and it sounds much better. The GTS is a better handling vehicle, although certainly a stiffer ride. It's a Porsche and my assumption most people buy these vehicles for the drive, I know I do.
Old 07-03-2018, 10:14 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Harsany
In regards to the drive. I recently acquired a 2018 GTS after having an S for two years. In my opinion there is a big difference between the two. The GTS is quicker, the sound is more aggressive and it sounds much better. The GTS is a better handling vehicle, although certainly a stiffer ride. It's a Porsche and my assumption most people buy these vehicles for the drive, I know I do.
Agree. During a period of time last year, my Cayenne Turbo was in for a lengthy service visit waiting for a new instrument cluster from Germany. So during that time I had two service loaners. First was a nicely optioned Macan S, and then a new Macan GTS. Had each of them for about a month.

I really enjoyed the S, we took it on a vacation to the beach and I really got to spend some quality seat time in it. And then they brought the Macan GTS to my house and took the S. Wow, loved it! It is a really different character from the S model, and different driving dynamics as well. It was this experience that partially sold me on the Macan GTS model when I decided to replace my CTT with another newer Porsche.

Quick Reply: S vs GTS?