Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Dealer Rant

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 08:44 AM
Jack-Porsche
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

It is a SALESpersons job to SELL you. Say no. Also, sometimes they have valuable insight such as options that they know people have been happy to get, or wish they had.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:49 AM
LandCruiser
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack-Porsche
It is a SALESpersons job to SELL you. Say no. Also, sometimes they have valuable insight such as options that they know people have been happy to get, or wish they had.
Also to point out to people that if they want to sell/trade their vehicle for a new one down the road some color and feature combinations are more popular than others.
Old 06-15-2018, 02:24 PM
KM1959
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by promocop
Well, it gets damm cold here in SoCal...sometimes thee winters get to 60
But when it does drop into the 50s I will turn on those heated seats and even the steering wheel. Life's too short to be uncomfortable, even a little bit, when you don't need to. Maybe I'm just making up after growing up in New York with "genuine vinyl seats" but whatever the reason, if it's available, I'm getting it.
Old 06-15-2018, 02:42 PM
wwahl
Pro

Received 130 Likes on 106 Posts

"and even the steering wheel" That heated steering wheel gets lots of thumbs up from the valets.
Old 06-16-2018, 08:13 PM
KM1959
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by wwahl
"and even the steering wheel" That heated steering wheel gets lots of thumbs up from the valets.
Really? I wouldn't know. After spending all my money on options I can't afford to go anywhere that has valets.
Old 06-16-2018, 08:21 PM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's a new wrinkle on all of this. True or False? Now the dealer I finally ordered from tells me that ALL Porsche new builds are MY 2019...What say ye boys??????
Old 06-16-2018, 08:22 PM
wwahl
Pro

Received 130 Likes on 106 Posts

They have reasonably priced valets at our local hospital.
Old 06-16-2018, 09:22 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Here's a new wrinkle on all of this. True or False? Now the dealer I finally ordered from tells me that ALL Porsche new builds are MY 2019...What say ye boys??????
Would be a potential deal killer for me if the tail lights mimic the new Cayenne's and are a continuous bar (assuming the 2019 Cayenne photos are correct). The first time I saw the Macan's tail lights, as well as the 3/4 profile, I was smitten. Looked far better than the 2018 Cayenne lights which I thought were just okay in a pretty, flowery way.
Old 06-29-2018, 11:00 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Well, if that's the case, either (1) the online Configurator website is not up-to-date, or (2) the MY2019 models are virtually identical to the MY2018 models. I don't see any changes at the Porsche Configurator website for Macans, like one does for Cayennes (for example).
Old 08-03-2018, 05:55 PM
psychlox
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Not sure if anyone is still talking about how much they dislike their dealer, but if you need a good dealership in the NY/NJ/CT tri-state area, I love mine. Both the salesman and the guy who runs service are top notch. I knew the guy from the service department when he was at his prior dealership (where I bought my 911), and followed him to this new place when I bought my Macan. I liked the sales guy so much that we keep in touch outside of buying and selling P cars.

Didn't want to name them directly, but if anyone wants contact info please DM me.
Old 08-04-2018, 01:14 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by psychlox
Not sure if anyone is still talking about how much they dislike their dealer, but if you need a good dealership in the NY/NJ/CT tri-state area, I love mine. Both the salesman and the guy who runs service are top notch. I knew the guy from the service department when he was at his prior dealership (where I bought my 911), and followed him to this new place when I bought my Macan. I liked the sales guy so much that we keep in touch outside of buying and selling P cars.

Didn't want to name them directly, but if anyone wants contact info please DM me.
Why not name them...folks are not shy about naming the bad guys - give the good guys some props.
Old 08-04-2018, 02:42 PM
ozziegt
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

When I was at Beverly Hills Porsche to test drive a used Macan S, I was telling the salesman I wanted one with PASM and he didn't understand why. When I told him I wanted to see if it would drive better with PASM he said they drive the same. Totally clueless.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:55 PM
dlynch
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Years ago I saw a Ford sales manual called "Negotiating The Price". It was used to train sales staff.

What you're describing is upselling. Talking you into a car with higher profit
Old 08-09-2018, 06:51 PM
Rubik
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

IMO, heated seats are for women when they get their monthly visit from the period fairy. We ordered it on our Macan but I have never used it, plus the car is always garaged so the seats never get cold even when temperatures drop to high 30s. Yes we do get temperatures in high 30s a couple times a year here in CA. But I still don't use heated seats. I like my bum cold. That's just me. Anyway, the dealer should just take your order and say thank you for your business, especially if it is a purchase. The problem I see with the cars on the dealers' lots is that they are all the same crap. Black/black. Black/grey. Silver/black. White/black. Blue/black. It's just boring. Lately, all cars on the road are black, white, silver or some other variation of these hues. Just plain boring IMO. And they they have useless options like heated steering wheel or some other waste of $$$.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:05 PM
Jack-Porsche
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubik
IMO, heated seats are for women when they get their monthly visit from the period fairy. We ordered it on our Macan but I have never used it, plus the car is always garaged so the seats never get cold even when temperatures drop to high 30s. Yes we do get temperatures in high 30s a couple times a year here in CA. But I still don't use heated seats. I like my bum cold. That's just me. Anyway, the dealer should just take your order and say thank you for your business, especially if it is a purchase. The problem I see with the cars on the dealers' lots is that they are all the same crap. Black/black. Black/grey. Silver/black. White/black. Blue/black. It's just boring. Lately, all cars on the road are black, white, silver or some other variation of these hues. Just plain boring IMO. And they they have useless options like heated steering wheel or some other waste of $$$.
So heated seats are for women, but your vehicle is always garaged and temperatures rarely even get into the 30’s? I don’t use them either, just had to point out how funny that sounds...if you lived in Chicago you might feel differently

Quick Reply: Dealer Rant