Macan 2014-Current

2019 Macan Arrival Date

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 06:39 PM
80s
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Somerhing is off here.
My dealer is telling me i will get the new macan in october. Some of you spec’ing the old w del. -19?
Old 07-01-2018, 11:47 PM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 81911

Ummm, sounds like you ordered at full price.
yup. I agree. I did my deal up front. 7% off. I’ll grind another 2% when it arrives in October
Old 08-22-2018, 10:25 AM
anselmw
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Did any of you see on the porsche USA website. Says new macan will be available next summer.... Thought it would be Q1 for first models to arrive. Guess the wait will be even longer now
Old 08-22-2018, 10:28 AM
rezanourai
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by promocop

yup. I agree. I did my deal up front. 7% off. I’ll grind another 2% when it arrives in October
what approach do you typically take when negotiating to get so much off? I've not had that kind of success, normally 1-3% is all I get off
Old 08-22-2018, 11:19 AM
JonCanadian
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by promocop
I did my deal up front. 7% off. I’ll grind another 2% when it arrives in October
I'm curious how you do this. You sign a contract for 7% off MSRP at order. How do you get more discount at delivery?
Old 08-22-2018, 12:39 PM
Philip Goughary
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JonCanadian
I'm curious how you do this. You sign a contract for 7% off MSRP at order. How do you get more discount at delivery?
I cannot comment on the ability to negotiate additional discounts on delivery specifically, but I can report that I signed no contracts when I ordered my family's MY17 Macan S to spec and only put down a small amount of earnest money to secure the build. On delivery, the contracts were drafted and signed, including on the spot negotiation for a trade-in (perhaps that's one avenue to leverage for additional discounts as a deal would be more ready flexible on giving wiggle room there rather than driving the outright sale price of the new car down).

Just my experience above - perhaps this is variable per dealership.
Old 08-22-2018, 03:31 PM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rezanourai
what approach do you typically take when negotiating to get so much off? I've not had that kind of success, normally 1-3% is all I get off
Most dealers will do 5%. I am looking at a White loaded GTS. I am having second thoughts about the JBM I ordered. I just in the GSM's face and am always prepared to walk. These are cars, a depreciating asset..Period. Not feeling sorry for what PAG makes in profit which is hugh
Old 08-23-2018, 10:44 AM
John Ferguson
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Decided to replace Tacoma with a Macan and not wanting to wait till next spring / summer for updated version. My local dealer's allocations are all locked. Wife chose black / black and I have to admit it looks classier side-by-side than other colors. Having already purchased three new Porsches (no SUVs) dating back to 05, you might say I have a relationship with this dealership and used the same salesman every time. Drove different variants ... the base would have been fine as long as Sport is engaged but there were no base models available with my must have options. So I bought this S a couple days ago and am very happy with it.

By attending the dealer's functions have come to know the GM well enough to walk in his office and chat for a minute or two. Dealers deserve to make some profit and hate grinders but am negotiating out of my billfold so want to get the best deal possible. So I just asked the GM what was the least profit he had made on a model like I wanted and he told me straight up. Offered the same deal to me and I accepted. Previously purchased three new Porsches from this dealer and have secured the first allocation they get for a new Spyder which doesn't hurt my negotiating chances.

If you have a trade in, before you negotiate on a new vehicle, highly recommend taking your vehicle to Carmax and letting them bid it in cash. Then you know how much cash you actually have sitting, or close to it, if you don't want to sell yourself (I don't). Then took my Tacoma trade in to Lexus for a bid (they bid my wife's 4Runner 1K higher than anyone else the last time I did this), then Toyota (who lowballed me on a truck I bought there and had serviced there and had the audacity to email me one day later asking me to sell), Mercedes, and finally Porsche. All except Toyota was within $500 with Porsche dealer bidding it the highest and the GM kicking in an extra $500 if I bought a new vehicle from them. One day's efforts paid off $1K, or $4K if I had been stupid enough to let Toyota have their own product back.

I don't buy any add-on protection packages or pay BS documentation fees. I take great care of my vehicles and therefore buy outright, finance person doesn't make a cent from me. Grinders go to the back of the line, aren't worth the hassle. You don't have to be a grinder to get a great deal.
Old 08-27-2018, 06:29 PM
shack993
Rennlist Member

Received 218 Likes on 116 Posts

To follow up with my original question. If cars are arriving in end of q1, when will Porsche open up ordering for 2019's?

Also, will the GTS model be available for 2019 or will they wait?

I am trying to decide what to do... my SA cannot help me.
Old 08-27-2018, 06:44 PM
promocop
Burning Brakes

no-one knows...what else is new
Old 08-29-2018, 02:37 AM
n4v4nod
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,597 Likes on 879 Posts

Originally Posted by shack993
To follow up with my original question. If cars are arriving in end of q1, when will Porsche open up ordering for 2019's?

Also, will the GTS model be available for 2019 or will they wait?

I am trying to decide what to do... my SA cannot help me.
Next Summer is not end of Q1... think end of Q2 or Q3.
This new launch pattern from Porsche is frustrating. Seriously, a year wait from debut??? What a joke.
Old 10-27-2018, 09:55 PM
nimprojects
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I was told US deliveries will begin in June.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:01 PM
krausswilliam
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the first allocation from my dealer. I ordered an S. Initially, the sales/delivery date was June 2019, then pushed back to November 2019, now it's the end of May. I've been told that the base model will show up soon (April or May). Then, the S. No one is even talking about the GTS or Turbo yet. I ordered a heavily optioned car. This build is similar. My exact build is secret because I really don't want to see another car with the same color/wheels/etc. (even though I'm sure the dealer may copy the build). I decided to wait for the 2019 because the engine is better, the rear tailight is much cooler, and the LCD display is bigger. The dealer told me that they went through the same delivery shuffle with the redesigned Cayenne.

This is a daily driver for me so I got the cruise control, lane assist stuff. I will buy the snow wheels and tires in the fall because the dealers here usually drop pricing for them at the time.

PKUGCN28

Last edited by krausswilliam; 03-26-2019 at 06:06 PM. Reason: additions
Old 03-26-2019, 07:21 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by krausswilliam
I got the first allocation from my dealer. I ordered an S. Initially, the sales/delivery date was June 2019, then pushed back to November 2019, now it's the end of May. I've been told that the base model will show up soon (April or May). Then, the S. No one is even talking about the GTS or Turbo yet. I ordered a heavily optioned car. This build is similar. My exact build is secret because I really don't want to see another car with the same color/wheels/etc. (even though I'm sure the dealer may copy the build). I decided to wait for the 2019 because the engine is better, the rear tailight is much cooler, and the LCD display is bigger. The dealer told me that they went through the same delivery shuffle with the redesigned Cayenne.

This is a daily driver for me so I got the cruise control, lane assist stuff. I will buy the snow wheels and tires in the fall because the dealers here usually drop pricing for them at the time.

PKUGCN28
I've got an "S" order for early July Euro delivery. Still waiting on confirmation that it will happen. Frustrating.

Quick Reply: 2019 Macan Arrival Date