Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Macan and dogs- SIZE.

Old 12-07-2018, 09:56 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by machschnell_RS
Canvasback will cut 2 rectangular holes into their liner that match up to the attachment points in the seatbacks, but you need to specify. That will allow you to attach the cargo barrier to the seatbacks and to the roof liner when the seatbacks are both in the down position and up position.
‘cool - thanks for the input. I’ll reach out to them.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:34 AM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Canvasback will cut 2 rectangular holes into their liner that match up to the attachment points in the seatbacks, but you need to specify. That will allow you to attach the cargo barrier to the seatbacks and to the roof liner when the seatbacks are both in the down position and up position.
Sorry if I'm being dense here, but does this mean that the liner will fold up/down with the seats? That would be great.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:48 AM
machschnell_RS
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by pokingaround
Sorry if I'm being dense here, but does this mean that the liner will fold up/down with the seats? That would be great.
Yes, that's correct. The liner attaches to the carpet using velcro sewn on the underside of the liner around the perimeter.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:51 AM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Yes, that's correct. The liner attaches to the carpet using velcro sewn on the underside of the liner around the perimeter.
Phenomenal thanks!
Old 01-08-2019, 11:00 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

Does the Canvasback velcro directly to the Porsche's carpet? I had a Canvasback liner in an X5, but the velcro didn't stick to the BMW carpet; had to line the area with adhesive velcro strips, which were a mess to remove after 6+ years.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:04 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Does the Canvasback velcro directly to the Porsche's carpet? I had a Canvasback liner in an X5, but the velcro didn't stick to the BMW carpet; had to line the area with adhesive velcro strips, which were a mess to remove after 6+ years.
Yes, that’s how it works. First-rate liner.
Old 01-19-2019, 12:26 AM
duc916sps
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The cargo management system is a great option to have for partitioning off cargo in the back as well as the cargo net that comes with it. We'll use the net primarily to keep our long legged, 55 lb, Brittany out of the front seats. If you're looking for a full liner for the back, I would highly recommend Canvasback. Fit and finish is perfect, and, they are a small business out of MN which I like supporting.

just installed this in our Turbo for our 80lb lab. fit and finish is spot on and easy to install. Great product!
Old 01-21-2019, 06:10 PM
Nifty911
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
I had a 60 lb Dobie-black lab who was quite fit. No way I would have wanted him in the area behind the seats due to, as your correctly surmise, the angle of the glass/hatch. Cayenne would be a better match.
I have a Dobie and she won't fit in a Cayman, or other things for that matter.

Cayenne scares me to death though. Those boards are full of problems.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:30 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Nifty911
I have a Dobie and she won't fit in a Cayman, or other things for that matter.

Cayenne scares me to death though. Those boards are full of problems.
It's early yet but the new model doesn't seem to be plagued with issues the way some rollouts are.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:30 AM
pu911rsr
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

My wife had a 2015 Macan, 85 lb Golden Retriever always rode in back seat, hatch area small. Have a 2018 Q5 - hatch area definitely bigger than Macan, dog still uses back seat. I have a 2006 TTS Cayenne - bought with some trepidation but with 158k miles on it it's been bullet proof.
Phil

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Macan and dogs- SIZE.