Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 12:13 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 590 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Cobb Tuning Upgrade for Porsche Macan Turbo/GTS/S/Base

Do we have any folks here running the Cobb Tuning Accessport in their Macan? We have been doing Macan tunes for folks all over the world and the feedback on this car is great so far. It's also nice to see that we are getting some more traffic in this section. Post your thoughts about the Cobb AP if you have any!
Old 05-09-2018, 04:11 PM
bwiele
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't have it not, but I'm curious about the process for adding this to my 2017 GTS (i.e. how is it implemented, is it reversible, etc.)?
Old 05-10-2018, 01:45 AM
wwahl
Pro

Received 130 Likes on 106 Posts

Yes, I added it to my 2018 Macan S. I also added the Sport +. The car is yet to be broken in, but I gave it a shot to see the difference. The result is pretty significant. The day to day is where it shines by delivering more torque at lower RPMs.

Installation is absolutely simple. It was more complicated on my S.O.'s 2004 WRX STI. It made her car really jump, too.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:40 PM
CayenneTTS
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Had it for about a year on my macan turbo.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:50 PM
bwiele
Pro

Could you share some more details about the installation?
Old 05-10-2018, 03:58 PM
CayenneTTS
Advanced

Originally Posted by bwiele
Could you share some more details about the installation?
Yea the installations s a real doozy, i needed to actually have two porsche techs with me and a senior porsche tech facetiming us to supervise.

The cobb comes in a box and you have to open the box (not easy but too bad granted you have some higher education under your belt)
Once the box is open you have to pull it ouf of the box, this part is a little tricky but do not give up, should not take more then 2 to 3 hours with multiple people.
Then you connect the obd2 cable to your obd2 connection in the macan, and plug the other end into (get this) the COBB!! its nuts and sounds crazy but thats how it works.
You then click install and wait for two to maybe five minutes as it installs. i recommend pickup up and learning a new hobby during this time, tennis, badminton etc. something active to keep you in shape during this long and trying wait.
At that point you unplug the device (sadly during this we lost one of the techs RIP) and store the cobb back into the original box.

Honestly the installation put a heavy toll on my social, business and sex life but it was worth it.
Ultimately i had to sell the car to cover the cost of this installation and my resulting divorce but i would do it again in a heartbeat.
The following users liked this post:
medtech (12-17-2019)
Old 05-10-2018, 04:17 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by wwahl
Yes, I added it to my 2018 Macan S. I also added the Sport +. The car is yet to be broken in, but I gave it a shot to see the difference. The result is pretty significant. The day to day is where it shines by delivering more torque at lower RPMs.

Installation is absolutely simple. It was more complicated on my S.O.'s 2004 WRX STI. It made her car really jump, too.
Glad to hear how painless the install is.

Originally Posted by CayenneTTS
Yea the installations s a real doozy, i needed to actually have two porsche techs with me and a senior porsche tech facetiming us to supervise.

The cobb comes in a box and you have to open the box (not easy but too bad granted you have some higher education under your belt)
Once the box is open you have to pull it ouf of the box, this part is a little tricky but do not give up, should not take more then 2 to 3 hours with multiple people.
Then you connect the obd2 cable to your obd2 connection in the macan, and plug the other end into (get this) the COBB!! its nuts and sounds crazy but thats how it works.
You then click install and wait for two to maybe five minutes as it installs. i recommend pickup up and learning a new hobby during this time, tennis, badminton etc. something active to keep you in shape during this long and trying wait.
At that point you unplug the device (sadly during this we lost one of the techs RIP) and store the cobb back into the original box.

Honestly the installation put a heavy toll on my social, business and sex life but it was worth it.
Ultimately i had to sell the car to cover the cost of this installation and my resulting divorce but i would do it again in a heartbeat.
At first I was like WTH...and then I am wondering if you had to see a therapist afterwards to work through any anxiety from detachment.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:35 PM
CayenneTTS
Advanced

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
Glad to hear how painless the install is.

At first I was like WTH...and then I am wondering if you had to see a therapist afterwards to work through any anxiety from detachment.
Couldnt swing a therapist, BUT i did pick up a prescription opiate habit and its really been doing wonders. With how much its costing me i need an alternative but a close friend told me of some tar something or other thats cheaper and lasts longer so my life is about to turn around.
The following users liked this post:
LC200 (01-03-2021)
Old 05-10-2018, 11:07 PM
bwiele
Pro

Got it. So it's a major undertaking. But well worth the effort.

I was hoping I could fire up my welding equipment. Oh well.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:14 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by bwiele
Got it. So it's a major undertaking. But well worth the effort.

I was hoping I could fire up my welding equipment. Oh well.
I wonder what G. Gordon Liddy would think!
Attached Images  
Old 05-11-2018, 10:03 AM
bwiele
Pro

Love that movie. A classic.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:39 PM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by CayenneTTS

LOL!
Old 05-13-2018, 10:17 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Some discussion in this thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...b-or-giac.html
Old 05-15-2018, 10:52 AM
LOUISSSSS
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i also have the Cobb AP (v202, 93 oct) tune on my 2017 Macan S. I've done it @ 5900mi and I'm at 9500 now without a single problem. I do much prefer driving it in sport mode since the car upshifts way too early leaving me with no power (wrong gear, low rpms) in regular mode for gas savings. Ive also had to briefly uninstall the cobb for a few days for a dealer service. Re-installed it right after without a problem. Took 10 minutes per install.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:48 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

As we had hoped, the Cobb Tuning Accessport for the Porsche Macan has quickly become a customer favorite!

Quick Reply: Cobb Tuning Upgrade for Porsche Macan Turbo/GTS/S/Base