Notices
Macan 2014-Current

How is the daily comfort of the Macan GTS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 04:17 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisJay

I don’t consider the ride on the GTS hard at all. Not by any means. It makes me question if you have drove one if you think it has a hard ride. The Rover ride was soft, to the point it felt unsure on the highway at higher speeds, especially when braking. That’s what I meant by soft. The OP asked for opinions, therefor I gave mine. By no means did I tell him “buy it now!” Thanks for the input.
17 RRS is hard to me. If you found it soft, I guess GTS must be even harder than that, and would be unbearable. However Cayenne is comfortable for me.
Old 05-31-2018, 04:42 PM
QueueCumber
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by rasetsu
Air suspension with PASM is standard on the GTS in the US.

I use mine for daily commuting and leave it in low. Predominantly highway with some surface street. It's perfect to me in sport setting. I also have Sport Chrono with the added Sport Plus setting. Comfort is supple. Sport Plus is pretty firm. I have the 20" Spyder wheels with all season Michelins. Sport Classic wheels are 21" only with summer only Continentals.
When sharing about ride comfort, it would be helpful if folks included the seats they are using in their GTS. I'm contemplating the GTS or Turbo PP, although the Turbo PP may be overkill for me I'm thinking (especially since I have a modified stage 4 TTS already). Definitely curious about ride comfort between the 8-way, 14-way, and 18-way seats, including ventilation vs. alcantara.

I have a leg that starts to hurt on the side if I don't have great support. The best leg support I've found so far is the extended seat function in the SQ5. But in back to back driving the SQ5 had more body roll, looser handling, and more delayed shifting than the Macan GTS I test drove with the Sport+.
Old 05-31-2018, 04:55 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 679 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by QueueCumber
When sharing about ride comfort, it would be helpful if folks included the seats they are using in their GTS. I'm contemplating the GTS or Turbo PP, although the Turbo PP may be overkill for me I'm thinking (especially since I have a modified stage 4 TTS already). Definitely curious about ride comfort between the 8-way, 14-way, and 18-way seats, including ventilation vs. alcantara.

I have a leg that starts to hurt on the side if I don't have great support. The best leg support I've found so far is the extended seat function in the SQ5. But in back to back driving the SQ5 had more body roll, looser handling, and more delayed shifting than the Macan GTS I test drove with the Sport+.
I have the 18 way leather seats with ventilation. I don't think the seats matter all that much in terms of ride comfort feel though. They are more of a factor of holding you in versus ease of entry and exit. It was a no brainer for me as seat ventilation was a must have which meant no Alcantara and I like the looks of the 18 ways over the 14 ways much much more and was willing to sacrifice a little on entry and exit with the hard thigh bolster. I don't think I 8 ways were available with the configuration I wanted.
Old 05-31-2018, 05:22 PM
QueueCumber
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by rasetsu
I have the 18 way leather seats with ventilation. I don't think the seats matter all that much in terms of ride comfort feel though. They are more of a factor of holding you in versus ease of entry and exit. It was a no brainer for me as seat ventilation was a must have which meant no Alcantara and I like the looks of the 18 ways over the 14 ways much much more and was willing to sacrifice a little on entry and exit with the hard thigh bolster. I don't think I 8 ways were available with the configuration I wanted.
I have the 18-way in my TTS and find them very comfortable. I've been wondering if I can get away with the alcantara and 8-way. I test drove one with the 14-way and didn't feel it was as comfortable for me because I couldn't adjust the legs enough to find the perfect position. I'm guessing I will have that same problem with the 8-way.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:09 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by QueueCumber
I have the 18-way in my TTS and find them very comfortable. I've been wondering if I can get away with the alcantara and 8-way. I test drove one with the 14-way and didn't feel it was as comfortable for me because I couldn't adjust the legs enough to find the perfect position. I'm guessing I will have that same problem with the 8-way.
The TTS seats differ from the Macan.
Old 06-02-2018, 02:30 PM
JonCanadian
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

We have a GTS with 18 way non-ventilated. In Normal mode it is cushy comfy, about as plush as the first gen Volvo XC90 we had before it. In Sport or Sport + it will definitely firm up but we find it still comfy over rough roads. When we travel over potholed gravel we hit the off-road button. The seats are firm but the ride is good. It is not Lexus soft but for daily duties and long trips it is fabulous
Old 06-02-2018, 02:56 PM
justabout
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 212 Posts

I’ve driven a base and an S. My only complaint is the gas pedal is too close even with the seat all the way back. I have the same problem (worse) in my wife’s X3 and get cramps in my lower leg in stop and go traffic from twisting my ankle/foot going back and forth from the brake and gas. Longer legged folks might want to consider an extended drive in traffic.

Quick Reply: How is the daily comfort of the Macan GTS?