Macan 2014-Current

Help with Options on Macan GTS

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 10:14 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by rasetsu
I find myself using LCA everyday because the rear view and side view mirror shapes are form over function. The rear view one is the worst since we are saddled with thick C-pillars. Even though I adjust my mirrors the proper way by leaning all the way right and all the way left with no portion of the car in the frame, there is still a sliver of a blind spot. It can probably be resolved with a $5 pack of convex mirrors from Autozone if you want to save $700 on your build though.
These do a great job in eliminating the blind spots:

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU95BASP.html
Old 04-27-2018, 12:36 AM
KM1959
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bwiele
This is my first car with Surround View. I bought a CPO 2017 GTS so I didn't choose the equipment. I think the Surround View feature is awesome, it's almost magical how you can see the full perimeter of the car on the screen.
My favorite luxury option ever.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:16 AM
bwiele
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by KM1959
Agreed! A prime example was last night, trying to find a parking spot at my son's school, there was an open spot at the end of a row which was a little smaller than I would like, but there were no others, and I was able to use the surround view to get close to the curb on the passenger side to minimize the door ding risk on the driver side, but also avoid curbing a wheel. Just a great system!
Old 04-27-2018, 10:32 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by bwiele
Agreed! A prime example was last night, trying to find a parking spot at my son's school, there was an open spot at the end of a row which was a little smaller than I would like, but there were no others, and I was able to use the surround view to get close to the curb on the passenger side to minimize the door ding risk on the driver side, but also avoid curbing a wheel. Just a great system!
Exactly. I do the same thing. Those wheels are very prone to curbing.
Old 04-27-2018, 03:01 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's not a luxury option, but a technological one.
Old 04-27-2018, 06:17 PM
loveforcars
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont want to hijack the OP's thread. Is Premium Package Plus a MUST? I'm leaning towards a barebone GTS with LCA, SC and PTV+. Every Macan I have seen has Premium Package+. Hence not sure if its needed for future sale. Any thoughts is highly appreciated.

Last edited by loveforcars; 04-27-2018 at 06:18 PM. Reason: update the question
Old 04-27-2018, 06:35 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 679 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by loveforcars
I dont want to hijack the OP's thread. Is Premium Package Plus a MUST? I'm leaning towards a barebone GTS with LCA, SC and PTV+. Every Macan I have seen has Premium Package+. Hence not sure if its needed for future sale. Any thoughts is highly appreciated.
IMO, there is nothing that isn't already on the GTS that is truly a "MUST". It's all up to the individual. I'm pretty sure most people can drive a no option GTS and be pretty damn happy. I'm assuming every Macan you see have been inventory cars. Every dealership will order PP+ by default because it contains the most popular luxury features most people desire so the dealers order it to make it easy to sell. Package bundles exist for the ease of dealers as much as, if not more so, than the customers. Why aren't these features standard then? Because making the package an option keeps the starting MSRP lower and more appealing to get people to consider the vehicle. When it's time to resell, will a Porsche that doesn't have, premium audio, keyless entry, heated seats, auto dimming mirrors, and a sunroof be a harder sell/trade in? Of course. You didn't pay as much so you won't get as much back on the trade in. However, there are some people who may seek out a GTS without a sunroof for weight and handling reasons and you can find them private party but it will take longer. I would think much less so than 911 buyers though as the Macan is not a track machine even though it can do well on one. Macan's are road machines and most people who enjoy their cars on the road want the creature comforts. You can also a la carte these options. Me personally, I would never look at a car over $50K and not get auto dimming mirrors, heated seats, and keyless entry. Unless you really hate these features for whatever the reason, I don't see a point in nickeling and diming. These aren't $20K throw away cars. Get everything you think you want instead of having remorse/regrets later that pushes you into another new car in 2-3 years instead of being happy for 5-6 years or however long.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:08 AM
loveforcars
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you so much @rasetsu. This is very informative. Like you mentioned, my concern was weight of the pano roof. But, makes sense NOT to nickel and dime. I might have to add PP+ to the list i guess. Thanks again!
Old 04-28-2018, 08:38 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,935 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Originally Posted by Lodi
Please help me with the difference between the interior packages.

Standard Interior with Leather Package / Seats Partial Leather - $0 - Is this all leather except for the seats, which are partial leather?
Leather Interior / Seats Leather - $1,890 - I assume this is all leather, including the seats?
Extended Leather Package - $1,800 - is leather on the dash ends and the center grill (vents and speaker) only?
Is the dash leather in all cases? This is how it reads but its different than the GT3, where the leather dash is an option.
I assume if I am going with a black interior then the Standard Interior ($0) is probably the smart choice, right?

Thanks again!
I went with the leather interior for $1890. This is all you need and adds the leather dash and stitching which IMO is a must for a vehicle of this price point and should be standard. the extended package is a joke. I had all the deviated stitching in red, red belts,red gage faces on my Cayenne GTS and it was nice but I don't miss them and see no value in spending that much again for something that brought no added value when it came to sell.

I went with most all the same options the LED lights are the best option going and I hated the Surround cameras initially and couldn't be happier now and would buy them again. I had the leather alcantera on my cayenne GTS and my Boxster GTS. They are fine for the boxster but made it hard to climb in and out of the cayenne and wouldn't get them again. I like the ventilated seats and highly recommend them.

I did not get the adaptive cruise control and don't think I would ever use it. But happy I got the PTV+ and sport chrono.

Whatever you do you will enjoy the ride I have 5000 miles on mine and it is still as fun as day 1.
Old 04-28-2018, 10:20 AM
KM1959
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ervin Wu
It's not a luxury option, but a technological one.
Geez... argumentative much?
Old 04-28-2018, 04:15 PM
Andial
Banned

Geez... argumentative much?
Only wanted to help clarify, not argue.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:44 AM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks all! I was away for a few days at the 2018 Smokies GT - an incredible event for Porsche GT car owners. This year we had 85 GT2s, GT3s, GT4s, a couple of Boxter Spyders and one 918. We raised somewhere around $180K for Cystic Fibrosis. Check out the thread in the GT3 forum for some pictures and more info on the event.

Back to the Macan, Thank you again. I have great sales associate who always steers me in the right direction but hearing from owners gives much insight into the nuances of the vehicle.

Anyone select Night Blue Metalic? I don't think I have seen this color in person but it has my interest. Otherwise, it's Volcano Grey Metalic. Seanlabonte, I love PTS but don't want to spend the extra $$ or risk the delay. I have a 2018 PTS GT3 coming and it's been pushed out to Sept.
Old 05-01-2018, 04:19 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 679 Likes on 419 Posts

Night Blue is very nice. It's pretty popular on the Panamera in my parts so shouldn't be difficult to find in person. It's very dark with a good amount of metallic in it. It appears black until hit directly with sunlight.
Old 05-01-2018, 07:08 PM
Andial
Banned

Originally Posted by Lodi
Thanks all! I was away for a few days at the 2018 Smokies GT - an incredible event for Porsche GT car owners. This year we had 85 GT2s, GT3s, GT4s, a couple of Boxter Spyders and one 918. We raised somewhere around $180K for Cystic Fibrosis. Check out the thread in the GT3 forum for some pictures and more info on the event.

Back to the Macan, Thank you again. I have great sales associate who always steers me in the right direction but hearing from owners gives much insight into the nuances of the vehicle.

Anyone select Night Blue Metalic? I don't think I have seen this color in person but it has my interest. Otherwise, it's Volcano Grey Metalic. Seanlabonte, I love PTS but don't want to spend the extra $$ or risk the delay. I have a 2018 PTS GT3 coming and it's been pushed out to Sept.
Laurent Delanney, Rolex Associate Director of Global Sponsorship and friend of Barack Obama, has a Macan S Diesel in NBM.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:08 AM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

I've owned two Macans now, one with a limited set of options and another one with just about every box ticked. Here's my subset of favorite options:

LED headlights: My personal favorite feature. The cornering lights are incredible (better than my 911).
PCCB: These are incredible, not ever getting the regular brakes again.
Standard interior: I have full leather (and I really mean full because I ticked all the boxes) and the standard interior with partial leather seats is just fine.
Bose: I've had the Bose and the Burmester. The Burmester sounds way better, but absolutely not worth the price.
Ventilated seats: The first time you park in the sun you'll understand why this is a great option.
Sound insulated glass: The car with the thicker glass is substantially quieter than the one without.
Automatic cruise control: One Macan didn't have this and the other does. Worth it. Works well.
Sport design mirrors: Look great and also have power folding
20" wheels: I test drove the 21" and the 20" ride better.

The GTS already includes some other important options (like the suspension!) but I won't list them all.

Quick Reply: Help with Options on Macan GTS