Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Help with Options on Macan GTS

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 11:53 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 186 Posts

You should get tow package at no cost option.
Old 04-24-2018, 11:59 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 186 Posts

Also park assist front and rear.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:56 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,542 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Originally Posted by Lodi
Think I will keep the Sport Classic wheels for now. Going to swing by the local dealership and compare to the Spyders. No heavy winter driving here in Atl so tires should be fine.
The one thing I wish we had on our Macan are the Sport Classic wheels. The Spyders are a royal PITA to clean.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:26 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Thanks again everyone!
So I think I agree with dropping the leather/ alcantara - saved $5K too! I selected Standard Interior w/ Leather Package and added seat ventilation. I guess I just need to live without deviated stitching. :-(
Switched to aluminum interior trim. May go with carbon fiber.
Kept PTV and added SC - why not!
Not sure why I selected the Nav originally. I use my phone exclusively for navigation. Selected standard CarPlay (not CarPlay Plus).
Think I will keep the Sport Classic wheels for now. Going to swing by the local dealership and compare to the Spyders. No heavy winter driving here in Atl so tires should be fine.
Added smoking and cargo mgmt.
May drop them, but going with LCA and ACC for now - both are great on road trips.
I would definitely get Connect plus again for Google Maps. Way better than Apple Car Play- search works every time, the satellite map view and traffic overlay are awesome. If you have a good data plan on your phone then hot spotting your for for data enables all the features of Google Maps without a subscription to an in car data plan. I love it.

Our high option Macan has the deviated red stitching with the GTS interior and I love that too, don't miss ventilated seats and rarely use it in my other cars. Yes definitely PTV, and Sports Chrono for the high performance settings in the suspension. Not sure of your build price, but once you're over 85K whats a few more options? Ours listed at 92K, ouch! But I don't regret any of the choices.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:04 AM
PSEE
Pro

Received 88 Likes on 71 Posts

Keep the ventilated seats - you're in Atlanta!

You left out the Burmester sound system. It's WORTH it! It's a HUGE step up from the Bose, which unfortunately,
sounds like an entry-level system.

The middle-level BMW systems (business?) I had in my last two BMWs (1995 M3/4/5 and 2009 335d) sounded better
than the Bose system I recently listened to in a 2018 Cayenne loaner I drove for 3+ days,

Old 04-25-2018, 11:44 AM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 678 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
You should get tow package at no cost option.
It is not no cost, it's is $660.

Originally Posted by worf928
The one thing I wish we had on our Macan are the Sport Classic wheels. The Spyders are a royal PITA to clean.
I agree. I just had the Spyders ceramic coated and will see how well that helps. Even with Sonax. I still have to use two different wheel brushes and a rag to clean them before. I wish the Sport Classics came in 20" or the 10 spoke SportDesigns came in black.

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
Also park assist front and rear.
I agree. It's very handy for backing the car up into a parking spot or into a garage perfectly. You can silence the audibles with a touch of a button too if those get annoying.

Originally Posted by PSEE
Keep the ventilated seats - you're in Atlanta!

You left out the Burmester sound system. It's WORTH it! It's a HUGE step up from the Bose, which unfortunately,
sounds like an entry-level system.
Yes, definitely keep the ventilated seats. Anyone who lives north of the Mason Dixon Line has no business opining on this subject.

I personally think the Bose system sounds fine after some setting adjustments. I'm don't doubt the Burmester sounds a lot better but I'm no audiophile and enjoy to hear the sounds the engine and exhaust makes more.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:23 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Thanks again everyone!
So I think I agree with dropping the leather/ alcantara - saved $5K too! I selected Standard Interior w/ Leather Package and added seat ventilation. I guess I just need to live without deviated stitching. :-(
Switched to aluminum interior trim. May go with carbon fiber.
Kept PTV and added SC - why not!
Not sure why I selected the Nav originally. I use my phone exclusively for navigation. Selected standard CarPlay (not CarPlay Plus).
Added smoking and cargo mgmt.
May drop them, but going with LCA and ACC for now - both are great on road trips.
Carbon trim is a personal preference. I think it looks great as I have it on our Audi, but it can be a slippery slope on the Macan. Once you do the carbon dash inlays, then you will want the carbon door sill inlays, the carbon steering wheel, etc. The GTS gets the exclusive black brushed aluminum at no cost which is really neat.

I find myself using LCA everyday because the rear view and side view mirror shapes are form over function. The rear view one is the worst since we are saddled with thick C-pillars. Even though I adjust my mirrors the proper way by leaning all the way right and all the way left with no portion of the car in the frame, there is still a sliver of a blind spot. It can probably be resolved with a $5 pack of convex mirrors from Autozone if you want to save $700 on your build though.

Sorry to keep adding things to your expenses but colored gauge faces are worth a few minutes of consideration. The visibility of the standard black gauge faces are very bad because they are only back lit when the headlights are on. You may be able to pull off white gauge faces. The downsides are then you will want do match the Sport Chrono clock and the cut outs for the warning lights will be visible all the time and the color of the needles is uncertain.. I have red/black interior and opted to just do the Sport Chrono clock face in red as I thought the red tach and speedo would have been too much. I think it's 50/50.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:21 PM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 9 Posts

Again, awesome feedback everyone. All of the positive remarks and the discussion about options has me excited about the Macan. I've been waffling for a while.
I appreciate the feedback on the Sport Classics. The wheels on my wife's Range Rover Sport are a pain to clean as well, and I don't want to double that effort. Plus, I really like the clean look of the SCs.
I dropped the tow package b/c we have it on the RR Sport and that will cover the occasional trip to the nursery.
Will change from Connect to Connect Plus. Same cost as nav so not a big deal.
Would love to add the Burmester but I'm trying to keep the build around $85K and its creeping up quickly. I may look at it again.
I'm not very good at remembering to use options like Park Assist but I'll look at it again.
Would love deviated stitching but not for another $6K, which is what it will cost by the time I add leather and deviated stitching - unless I got back to the Leather/Alcantara interior. Decisions, decisions....
Old 04-25-2018, 01:39 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

If you go Leather/Alcantara, you can't option ventilated seats. I have Alcantara seats in my STI and I live in the south. I can tell you that I'd much rather have the ventilated seats.

Surround View comes up automatically when you select reverse. It defaults to the back up camera for USDOT safety reasons but the view options menu shows right up. You can program the diamond key on your steering wheel to turn it on as well.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:14 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SC gives you the wart so might want to delete that. Waze is better than Connect Plus. Smoking Package is no use. If you care about brake dust, get PCCBs.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:18 PM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rasetsu
If you go Leather/Alcantara, you can't option ventilated seats. I have Alcantara seats in my STI and I live in the south. I can tell you that I'd much rather have the ventilated seats.

Surround View comes up automatically when you select reverse. It defaults to the back up camera for USDOT safety reasons but the view options menu shows right up. You can program the diamond key on your steering wheel to turn it on as well.
Yup. I'm with you on the ventilated seats. Also, I probably prefer the leather seat surface in my daily drive. Is surround view part of the Park Assist?

Originally Posted by Ervin Wu
SC gives you the wart so might want to delete that. Waze is better than Connect Plus. Smoking Package is no use. If you care about brake dust, get PCCBs.
Not worried about the wart on my daily. Loves PCCBs on my RS and my inbound GT3 but not spending the change on them for the Macan, hence the SC wheels.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:58 PM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Please help me with the difference between the interior packages.

Standard Interior with Leather Package / Seats Partial Leather - $0 - Is this all leather except for the seats, which are partial leather?
Leather Interior / Seats Leather - $1,890 - I assume this is all leather, including the seats?
Extended Leather Package - $1,800 - is leather on the dash ends and the center grill (vents and speaker) only?
Is the dash leather in all cases? This is how it reads but its different than the GT3, where the leather dash is an option.
I assume if I am going with a black interior then the Standard Interior ($0) is probably the smart choice, right?

Thanks again!
Old 04-26-2018, 01:00 AM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Yup. I'm with you on the ventilated seats. Also, I probably prefer the leather seat surface in my daily drive. Is surround view part of the Park Assist?
Park Assist (the proximity sensors and back up camera) is standard. Surround View is an option that is in conjunction with Park Assist. Surround View adds the front camera and side mirror cameras.

Standard Interior with Partial leather gives you leather topped dash.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:48 PM
Seanlabonte
Platinum Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Again, awesome feedback everyone. All of the positive remarks and the discussion about options has me excited about the Macan. I've been waffling for a while.
I appreciate the feedback on the Sport Classics. The wheels on my wife's Range Rover Sport are a pain to clean as well, and I don't want to double that effort. Plus, I really like the clean look of the SCs.
I dropped the tow package b/c we have it on the RR Sport and that will cover the occasional trip to the nursery.
Will change from Connect to Connect Plus. Same cost as nav so not a big deal.
Would love to add the Burmester but I'm trying to keep the build around $85K and its creeping up quickly. I may look at it again.
I'm not very good at remembering to use options like Park Assist but I'll look at it again.
Would love deviated stitching but not for another $6K, which is what it will cost by the time I add leather and deviated stitching - unless I got back to the Leather/Alcantara interior. Decisions, decisions....

Can't go wrong with PTS
Old 04-26-2018, 01:12 PM
bwiele
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

This is my first car with Surround View. I bought a CPO 2017 GTS so I didn't choose the equipment. I think the Surround View feature is awesome, it's almost magical how you can see the full perimeter of the car on the screen.

Quick Reply: Help with Options on Macan GTS