Notices
Macan 2014-Current

LAVA ORANGE MACAN GTS FOR SALE LAS VEGAS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 08:21 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by Ervin Wu
What qualifies you to be a moderator?
Well, I do know they have to take and pass the Starbucks sensitivity training.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:16 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,072 Likes on 1,183 Posts

I think as a moderator you have ruined your credibility by showing such emotion in your posts.
I'm a regular user who was asked to volunteer their time to help keep some order around this place, I'm free to post as any other user.

We have a rule as moderators we cannot moderate threads or discussions we are involved with.

There is no rule stating we are not free to express our feelings and opinions just like anyone else.

Anyway, are you trying to tell me to stop discussing pricing on Rennlist?
You expressed your opinion and I responded with my opinion on the matter. That is how conversations work. The fact that I'm a moderator is irrelevant. If you feel anyone, including a moderator, violates the Rennlist charter you are free to report that post which is sent to all moderators.

As for pricing discussion, it's rude to have such conversations in a thread where a user or vendor is trying to sell something. If someone is asking what you feel is too much for something, that's not your problem or "duty" to point this out. It's downright rude to do so.
If you feel a sale is fraudulent or something fishy going on, report it instead of taking it upon yourself to post in that thread.

Example: If this thread were started by Guardian Porsche and they were a sponsor, your posts most likely would have been deleted.

In threads like this where the creator of the thread is not the seller, it's just unnecessary noise to have so many comments complaining about the asking price. The first 9 responses in this thread, 4 of them are from you making such comments.......

Although you must have a received a decent middle school education, reading such dense books, I don't believe houses can cost $150,000. The houses in my neighbourhood that are acceptable start at around $5 million and go up to the 30s.
You need to expand your horizons a bit. One of the most expensive houses within 100 miles of my home is worth $3.5 million.
The average 3-bedroom home around here is $150,000 - $200,000.
I'm having a difficult time believing you honestly think housing prices in your area are the norm across North America.

You ever hear of Aaron Rodgers the Quarterback for the Green Bay Packers? One of the highest paid athletes in the country. His local house was on sale last year for $425,000.

Maybe it would behoove you to read such dense books to better understand how large economies work since that is what is at play here. Supply and Demand is simple on the surface.

I have no problem with paying $4 million for a Chiron, but I am opposed to paying a cent over MSRP.
Then don't pay over MSRP, it's that simple, buy something else. Nobody is forcing you to pay these prices.
These are luxury items nobody needs, price too high? Move on.... I find it silly to constantly complain about basic priciples of economics at work (those dense books again).

PCNA is weak on their dealers unlike FNA.
FNA, you mean the organization caught rolling back odometers? Yea, let's use them as our standard:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...odometers.html

The over on MSRP isn't the market deciding as the cars haven't yet hit the ground. It is flippers and stealers trying to feign interest and make as much profit in the short term as possible.
If anyone is buying them, that automatically makes it market for that particular sale. That's how it works......again such topics are covered in those dense middle schools books I read.
If the market cannot bear such prices, nobody would be buying them.

If your view of how markets work was reality, auctions would not exist.

One should make profits ethically, not just legally.
I'm pretty sure everyone (including me) agrees with this statement. But that's not how the real world works and constantly complaining about it is unnecessary noise in a technical forum.

It's interesting you find it ethical for Porsche to take an Audi Q5 platform with an MSRP of $43,000 and tack on enough overpriced options to ask over $150,000 for their version.

I need a window switch for one of my cars. Sunnen Porsche is asking $70. My local dealership quoted me $120......how ethical is that?

Sorry, I find it silly to get worked up over asking prices of a luxury item.

What qualifies you to be a moderator?
If you feel I've violated some code with my posts in this thread, please report them. Otherwise I'm just a user responding to a user here.
If something happens in this thread which requires moderation, I'll refrain from addressing it since I'm active in this thread. That's how it works around here.

What qualifies you to be the judge & jury on the ethical standards on the asking prices of Porsche's?
Old 04-20-2018, 11:31 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Does the shoe fit?
Old 04-20-2018, 12:47 PM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 266 Posts

I think as a moderator you have ruined your credibility by showing such emotion in your posts. Anyway, are you trying to tell me to stop discussing pricing on Rennlist? This is one of the most popular topics of the 991 era. Although you must have a received a decent middle school education, reading such dense books, I don't believe houses can cost $150,000. The houses in my neighbourhood that are acceptable start at around $5 million and go up to the 30s. I have no problem with paying $4 million for a Chiron, but I am opposed to paying a cent over MSRP. PCNA is weak on their dealers unlike FNA. The over on MSRP isn't the market deciding as the cars haven't yet hit the ground. It is flippers and stealers trying to feign interest and make as much profit in the short term as possible. Fresno, North Houston, Blue Grass Motorsports, and countless others can stick to their principles. Why can't others? Porsche is in the business of making money, and good on them for doing so. Too bad they have strayed from their sports cars. One should make profits ethically, not just legally. What qualifies you to be a moderator?

With this view? I can't imagine.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:59 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Let's keep this thread on-topic, guys. Thanks.
Old 04-21-2018, 07:15 AM
LavaGTS
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

In this thread I learned a Macan is a Q5.

You learn something new everyday... Oh, and that Macan is : puke : Who drives a loud colored Macan? What a mockery.
Old 04-21-2018, 09:42 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 679 Likes on 373 Posts

There must have been a dealer incentive for a chunk of these and the dealers to order PTS. You are seeing several PTS Macan coming new for sale right now.
Old 04-21-2018, 11:25 AM
SpineConnection
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

to each its own, I think PTS is ONLY way to go with the Macan GTS. I like the uniqueness of the PTS, otherwise it blends into every other cars on the road.

thats the reason why I ordered this green thingy. haha
Old 04-21-2018, 11:51 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Originally Posted by SpineConnection
to each its own, I think PTS is ONLY way to go with the Macan GTS. I like the uniqueness of the PTS, otherwise it blends into every other cars on the road.
Yup.

If that Gulf Orange GTS had been available 8 months ago, it would be mine.
Old 04-21-2018, 11:59 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 191 Posts

And just like that - whoosh!!! The orange would go great with some black graphics.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:53 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

It's Gulf Orange and Gaudin is a stealer.
Originally Posted by worf928

Because they have a big Porsche sign outside? Or is there something specific?
They are a liar scumbag of a dealership and if anyone wants a specific example, I'll be happy to share my personal experience with them since I'm a NV residence. Plus, I'm not the only Las Vegas local that shares that opinion of them.
Old 04-24-2018, 12:43 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 191 Posts

Yes. It's laughable. Karma will do justice someday.

Quick Reply: LAVA ORANGE MACAN GTS FOR SALE LAS VEGAS!!!