Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Macan Interior, Lashing Hooks Purpose?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 09:27 PM
Type 2
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Macan Interior, Lashing Hooks Purpose?

Detailing the rear seats, I looked up at the head liner on the rear driver's side and noticed two sunkened hooks, one just to the rear of the door post, and the second behind the rear side window. Those parts are mirrored on the rear passenger side. The Macan Manual at page 27, identifies the Part (B) on the rear passenger side, as "Tie-down ring for the trunk partition net," and refers the reader to page 269, which is captioned "Using the luggage net." The figure 223 shown is of the rear compartment with the only net shown being the small one under the rear shelf. There is also a warning the only soft items approx.three (3) pounds should be stored in the luggage net.

Help, I cannot see how the Lashing Hooks on the head liner and the small luggage net under the rear shelf relate to each other. Anyone have any information or ideas?

Using the Macan Parts diagram, I found the part numbers for the left (driver's side) and a description for both parts:

(Left) 95B 868 071 E 1E0, Lashing Hook Front Cover Black (located in back of door post); and

(Left) 95B 868 868 823 C 1E0, Lashing Hook Rear Cover Black (located behind the rear side window, and in front of the rear hatch).

What is secured by those Lashing Hooks, photos below? Thanks in advance for any help. Type 2

Sunkened hook on head liner above rear door on the left (driver's side)

Sunkened hook in the head liner, behind the small rear window on the side of the Macan.
Old 04-04-2018, 03:18 AM
_RS_
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

S & M option... probably.
Old 04-04-2018, 08:35 AM
Type 2
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Got the answer on another forum. Here it is:

[Quote] This is the divider that hooks in to the holes.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU95BNET.html
[End of Quote]

Thanks, Andy! With your image of the divider net and the Suncoast SKU, I was able to find the Part Number: 95B-861-691-A-Ay1. The net assembly can be purchased by itself., as shown in the link above, and the link below, which is.a parts blowup link for the rear cargo compartment, and the net is No. 19:

<www.gaudinporscheparts.com/oem-parts/porsche-cargo-net-95b861691aay1>

RL folks, thanks for Reading, Type 2

Last edited by Type 2; 04-04-2018 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Delete.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:07 AM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Yes, I got the divider net as part of my Cargo Management option. This is a great piece of kit and one of my favorite options.

Here’s the pieces you get in the back. It all comes in a very nice zip up package. Totally over-engineered and very German. I love it.

Old 04-06-2018, 03:39 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 678 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by BradB
Yes, I got the divider net as part of my Cargo Management option. This is a great piece of kit and one of my favorite options.

Here’s the pieces you get in the back. It all comes in a very nice zip up package. Totally over-engineered and very German. I love it.

The most undersold and misunderstood option in the Macan catalog!
Old 04-06-2018, 07:01 PM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by rasetsu
The most undersold and misunderstood option in the Macan catalog!
Yeah. If I was buying again it's one of the boxes I'd be sure to check this time around.

Quick Reply: Macan Interior, Lashing Hooks Purpose?