Notices
Macan 2014-Current

NEED HELP with MACAN Option Buttons

Old 03-26-2018, 01:33 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default NEED HELP with MACAN Option Buttons

To be more specific, I'm looking for a used Macan S or better with sport plus, air suspension, and sport exhaust. Plus a few safety features like blind spot warning (for wifey). Since I'm looking at used sites like carmax, etc., I'm assuming the only way I can tell is to look at the console layout. However, I honestly don't understand how this stuff really works. For example, does a car with a clock and a sport button have "sport chrono"?. Does a sport plus button automatically equal sports exhaust? Is the sports exhaust icon button the only thing that indicates "sport exhaust", or it is just an extra button that can turn off SE when activated in sport??

Many Thanks!

Also, If anyone knows of a higher mileage vehicle that fits these specs that the buyer is willing to sell for around 40-45k, let me know.
Old 03-26-2018, 03:15 PM
bwiele
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

You can use this link and replace the last part of the string with the vehicle's VIN number and it will produce a printable original build sheet so you can see how the car was equipped from the factory, including the MSRP:

http://admin.porschedealer.com/repor...AG2A57HLB55689
Old 03-26-2018, 09:34 PM
1pvr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sport plus button equals sport chrono.

Both Sport and Sport Plus have the sport exhaust.

Clock for sport chrono is different than otherwise found in base build, which also has a clock.
The following users liked this post:
medtech (01-04-2021)
Old 03-27-2018, 09:31 AM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

A Macan S with air suspension is going to be a tough find. It’s standard on a GTS but that may challenge your budget. Also, you can add Sport Chrono later if the car doesn’t come with it. Parts are about $750 which are an easy install, then it requires dealer coding which can be done in under an hour. If you are buying from a dealer you can always negotiate that cost down with your purchase. Don’t make that a deal killer for you. Sports Exhaust can also be added but that’s never cost effective.
Old 03-27-2018, 01:32 PM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by 1pvr
Sport plus button equals sport chrono.

Both Sport and Sport Plus have the sport exhaust.

Clock for sport chrono is different than otherwise found in base build, which also has a clock.
Almost. Sport Exhaust is a separate option independent of the Sport Chrono option. If the car was equipped from the factory with the Sport Exhaust, there will be an extra button on the right side of the PDK shifter with an icon of two tailpipes to change the exhaust volume. If Sport Exhaust was added after the car was built, that button may or may not be present depending on if the owner paid the extra to have it installed.
medtech (01-04-2021)
Old 03-31-2018, 09:49 AM
1pvr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cviles
Almost. Sport Exhaust is a separate option independent of the Sport Chrono option. If the car was equipped from the factory with the Sport Exhaust, there will be an extra button on the right side of the PDK shifter with an icon of two tailpipes to change the exhaust volume. If Sport Exhaust was added after the car was built, that button may or may not be present depending on if the owner paid the extra to have it installed.
You’re right... I forgot that the sport exhaust is standard on the GTS, which is what I have.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:53 PM
wwahl
Pro

Received 129 Likes on 105 Posts

I added Sport + and it has nothing to do with PSE. One does not begat the other.
Old 04-03-2018, 01:33 AM
medtech
Drifting

Originally Posted by BradB
A Macan S with air suspension is going to be a tough find. It’s standard on a GTS but that may challenge your budget. Also, you can add Sport Chrono later if the car doesn’t come with it. Parts are about $750 which are an easy install, then it requires dealer coding which can be done in under an hour. If you are buying from a dealer you can always negotiate that cost down with your purchase. Don’t make that a deal killer for you. Sports Exhaust can also be added but that’s never cost effective.
What does the Sport Chrono give me, other than a lap timer? Does that open new menus in the PCM?
Old 04-03-2018, 01:36 AM
medtech
Drifting

Talking

Originally Posted by BradB
I'm torn on the air suspension, but our current Cayenne has it and I love it! and It has been bulletproof all the way up at 190k miles. I got lucky on that Cayenne, so I'm going to hold out till I get lucky again. Which shouldn't take too long with the way I obsess over these things when I'm on the hunt... And a GTS is what I REALLY want. Tics off ALL the boxes for me!
Old 04-03-2018, 12:58 PM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by medtech
What does the Sport Chrono give me, other than a lap timer? Does that open new menus in the PCM?
You get the Sport+ mode which gives a much more aggressive shift pattern from the transmission, you get launch control (critical on an SUV!), and it relaxes the point at which PSM will intervene so you can play a bit more without losing your safety net entirely. And you get the stopwatch on the dash and the lap timer in the PCM which I've never seen anyone use.
medtech (01-04-2021)
Old 02-04-2019, 10:59 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by medtech
To be more specific, I'm looking for a used Macan S or better with sport plus, air suspension, and sport exhaust. Plus a few safety features like blind spot warning (for wifey). Since I'm looking at used sites like carmax, etc., I'm assuming the only way I can tell is to look at the console layout. However, I honestly don't understand how this stuff really works. For example, does a car with a clock and a sport button have "sport chrono"?. Does a sport plus button automatically equal sports exhaust? Is the sports exhaust icon button the only thing that indicates "sport exhaust", or it is just an extra button that can turn off SE when activated in sport??

Many Thanks!

Also, If anyone knows of a higher mileage vehicle that fits these specs that the buyer is willing to sell for around 40-45k, let me know.
what did you end up with?
Old 02-05-2019, 09:42 AM
PSEE
Pro

Received 88 Likes on 71 Posts

Nobody has addressed your 'blind spot warning' requirement, so I'll have a go at it. You may be referring to the
LCA (Lane Change Assist) option, which will provide a visual warning (side view mirror housing) of cars in your
vehicle's blind spot. Or, you may be referring to ParkAssist, which uses little radar sensors in the front & rear bumpers.
It, like PCA is optional as would be a rear camera. Many items are a la carte.

Old 02-05-2019, 04:20 PM
Seanlabonte
Platinum Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Wish I had a car to offer you. Good luck with your search!
Old 02-05-2019, 09:19 PM
JCtx
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

I ended up with a Macan sport edition. It has the 4 banger, but it's loaded to the gills; actually better than the 2 GTSs I tried. I was expecting more power from the GTSs, and less from the 4 banger, so it was an easy decision for me, since I saved $21K+, and besides air suspension, sport exhaust, sport chrono, full leather, same 20" wheels and tires than the GTS, panoramic moonroof, lane departure, etc., the 4 banger came with factory hitch and ventilated seats, so the price difference was almost $23K just for the smaller motor. The center console looks like an airplane; there're no extra buttons to have (the base one looks weird with all the blanks). Anyway, the air suspension was an absolute must for me, after driving both models. Was going to buy something else, but the salesman made me aware the sport edition had it, and I was sold after driving it. Oh, and the sport exhaust is pretty mild, so absolutely not worth it after the fact IMO. It was a bit louder on the GTS, but nowhere near the NA flat sixes.
SkyHook (03-15-2021)
Old 02-08-2019, 01:16 AM
ozziegt
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

If it has PASM, you will see a button on the left side that looks like a little shock absorber. If it has air suspension, there will be a button under that which is a Macan silhouette. If it has sport exhaust, there will be button on the right side which looks like exhaust tips. The button for parking assist is on the ceiling console so you probably won't see that in pictures. The button for blind spot detection (lane change assist) is located next to the side mirror controls.

As far as pricing goes, you should be able to find a higher mileage S in your price range. Granted you can find one specced properly. I looked for an S with PASM and they were hard to find, and when I did find them they were priced kind of high. I ended up finding a Turbo with 58k miles for under $50k and jumped on it. I wasn't looking for Air Suspension either...but my Turbo came with it and I am a big fan.

In the attached picture (GTS console from Motor Trend), there is Sport Plus, then PASM, then Air suspension, and Sport exhaust on the right side. The button above sport exhaust is lane departure warning (a useless feature, I never use mine, it's annoying).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NEED HELP with MACAN Option Buttons