Macan 2014-Current

XPel + Gtechniq

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 07:22 PM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 87 Posts
Default XPel + Gtechniq

Made an appt today to have the frontal area (hood, grille, mirrors, etc) XPel’ed and have the entire car treated with GTechniq Serum (9 year warranty) at a local detailer that is factory authorized in both products.

I figure with the Mohagony Metallic it’s a good investment since we seem to keep cars for a decade.

Anyone else do this? At the dealer a similar package was $3k but not the same product with no real warranty. This is slightly less at $2.6k.
Old 03-11-2018, 09:50 AM
user 72902
Banned

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Your car looks awesome. I just purchased a Macan and had the Ceramic Pro Gold applied to it like all of my other cars. So I did the same without the film.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:51 AM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Thanks, the car was a Christmas “surprise” for my wife....always wanted to do that.

I learned that the XPel is applied first and the the GTechniq on top of it....I do have to say I didn’t know that. I am looking forward to see how it looks. This will be the first car with this type of treatment as I normally only do the nano paint protection.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:38 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal C2S
Thanks, the car was a Christmas “surprise” for my wife....always wanted to do that.

I learned that the XPel is applied first and the the GTechniq on top of it....I do have to say I didn’t know that. I am looking forward to see how it looks. This will be the first car with this type of treatment as I normally only do the nano paint protection.
That's pretty risky. What if she didn't like it?
Old 03-13-2018, 12:30 AM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Ervin Wu
That's pretty risky. What if she didn't like it?
Married 34 years.....I know what she likes.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:42 PM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Car is at the detailer....three day process. Going with Suntek rather than Xpel. He’s just about done with the color correction and polish then the Suntek followed by the GTechniq Serum.
Old 04-01-2018, 11:44 AM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Well I have the Macan back and it’s amazing....I’ll post some photos next week as I’m off globetrotting for the next week.

The Detailer did a color correction and sent me photos during the process and I was quite surprised how flawed the factory paint process can be. Perhaps on darker colors it’s more noticeable....but now it’s near flawless. The GTechniq Serum is awesome, the gloss is mirror quality...the Suntek is invisible. I had him do the luggage area and you need to struggle to find the seam. He gave me a bottle of C2V3 to dilute and use as a drying agent after washing the car to spray on as part of drying the car. He even coated all the windows and wheels! So the full color correction, Serum, and Suntek clear bra ran $2600.

Quick Reply: XPel + Gtechniq