Notices
Macan 2014-Current

SCHWABEN/FOXWELL NT510 Scanner Up-Date

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 01:08 PM
dgjks6
Drifting

Received 243 Likes on 159 Posts

NT510 worked to reset everything on my Macan S 2016. Won't work on my 997.2. Confirmed with China.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:39 AM
Adk46
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 161 Posts

Well, I procrastinated or was indecisive about sending the Schwaben unit back. I haven't tried it - it probably will need an update to work.

Since getting a Mac in 1985, I've always thought I'd get a PC when I needed one. Needed one in 1997 or so - scrapped long ago. I guess it's time for another, just to keep this thing updated, maybe other things I've avoided. I know very little about PCs, but enough to fear pre-installed crap-ware/spy-ware and viruses. I might be able to entirely avoid hooking it up to the internet. I bet the pre-installed anti-virus software will be the most annoying thing of all, essentially a virus itself.

Let's see - gosh, they're cheap. Would this one work? $106. I think I have the required ancillaries.
Amazon Amazon
Old 10-27-2018, 01:47 AM
Copterjon
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just got one of the Schwaben tools for the main purpose of resetting the oil service light on my 997.1. and wife's Cayman. After days of messing about with this thing I've come to realize it's totally worthless for this. It was bought from Pelican Parts and when I called them they of course passed me on to ECS Tuning. ECS said there was an update and once I did it all would be good. Well, I went through all the update BS and then straight into the garage to have my mind blown at how great this thing is. I should have known better. Now instead of the no communicating message on the scanner screen it now says "The selected function is not supported" WTF?? It is obviously communicating as it identified both of my cars by their VIN. It is able to mostly function like any other OBDII scanner, it just won't do the one thing I really wanted it for at the moment. How can Pelican Parts and ECS Tuning which by the way own Pelican Parts advertise and sell this thing in good conscience? Oh wait maybe because Pelican Parts won't accept returns on this tool. I feel this is fraud. This re branded Foxwell NT510 is garbage.
Old 10-27-2018, 09:46 AM
PSEE
Pro

Received 88 Likes on 71 Posts

I would recommend finding out where ECS is based and then filing a complaint with the state attorney's
office. You may or may not wish to keep ECS up to date on your actions - one last chance for them to
'do the right thing' before the state comes down on them.

It's too bad that it has to come to this.

Unfortunately, this is the result of a less competitive world. I wasn't aware ECS owned Pelican. They also
relatively recently swallowed up Turner Motorsports in NH.

I have historically found both Pelican and ECS prices to be high. In one instance I wanted European tail light
assemblies for a BMW. I ended up buying them from Schmiedmann and saved BIG $ over the ECS pricing.

I feel it is UNACCEPTABLE for a vendor to knowingly (and they do know) sell product which does not meet
customer requirement, then refuse to accept a return.

...and people wonder why Amazon is taking over in retail...

Old 07-08-2019, 05:15 PM
cerbomark
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

This is not new thread but I am also looking for a solution for a 2018 Macan GTS.
Duramtric doesn't support much past 2015 (I spoke to company directly).
Schwaben, Dosen t support.
Icarsoft , can not get an answer.
As duramtric told me , Porsche made changes after 2015 and they don t have it sorted out yet, or any time soon. So anyone found a tool that works yet? Thanks.

Quick Reply: SCHWABEN/FOXWELL NT510 Scanner Up-Date