Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Any Macan Owners Have "size regret"?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 07:36 PM
leepear
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a new member in Southern California. I have a carport and need a small vehicle to fit. Lee
Old 04-07-2018, 08:47 PM
Chicagolab
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Perfect size

No regrets, came from RR evoque into the Macan...the Macan has more room in the trunk and the front seats, have (never sat in the rear). Looked at the Alfa Stelvio and the trunk is smaller than the evoque and Macan so didn’t even consider it. Size just right for my uses and parking in Chicago
Old 04-09-2018, 01:01 AM
MIK911
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome Leepear. Nice GTS! Is that a wrap? Looks good.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:15 AM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 129 Posts

We're also a two person household. My GTS is the perfect size. The rake of the rear is on rare occasion a hindrance but it's a great DD. Would an estate be out of the question? I looked long and hard at the V90, but the twin charged motor put me off. The Panamera sport turismo and E wagons are also lovely. I am personally looking at the Panamera 4Sst.
Old 04-09-2018, 04:37 PM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ervinwu
For MI, I would say the E Wagon. For ON, the Panamera Sport Turismo.
Not sure I follow you. Weather is basically the same.
Old 04-11-2018, 01:58 AM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by richardbf
Not sure I follow you. Weather is basically the same.
Not weather, image. ON more flashy so Porsche fits in better. E Wagon also shockingly common. PST rarer. MI maybe need to be more discreet.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:01 AM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ervin Wu
Not weather, image. ON more flashy so Porsche fits in better. E Wagon also shockingly common. PST rarer. MI maybe need to be more discreet.
Ah definitely more flashy in and around Oakville. Michigan is dominated by the domestics, you buy a f450 platinum or Cadillac to be flashy around these parts. Not that anyone should be surprised.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:06 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ah definitely more flashy in and around Oakville. Michigan is dominated by the domestics, you buy a f450 platinum or Cadillac to be flashy around these parts. Not that anyone should be surprised.
The E Wagon is probably the most discreet car out there. Apparently the average E Wagon owner has a >25M net worth.
Old 04-12-2018, 02:00 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

We're also a two person household. My GTS is the perfect size. The rake of the rear is on rare occasion a hindrance but it's a great DD. Would an estate be out of the question? I looked long and hard at the V90, but the twin charged motor put me off. The Panamera sport turismo and E wagons are also lovely. I am personally looking at the Panamera 4Sst.
I actually ordered a V90 Cross Country T6; very nice car, but too many problems -- crappy gear-shifting (though the twin-charged engine is peppy), crappy instrument screen (doesn't even have engine temp gauge and isn't well thought out), poorly designed drive-mode wheel/button in bad location, can't turn certain things off (like auto-door-locking when the car starts to move), gas tank too small, poor gas mileage, etc. So I ended up ditching the V90 and ordering a Panamera 4 Sport Turismo E-Hybrid, though the Macan remains on my wish list. I'm guessing that after 2-3 years with the ST, I'll trade it in for a new-gen Macan, possibly E-Hybrid form by then. I'm hoping a lot of the Panamera technology trickles down into the Macan.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:26 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 474 Posts

Sold my Macan Turbo for a CTT and love it. The back seat and cargo room are much more usable. The main thing though is the I got a 3 year old CPO CTT for half of it's $139K sticker and have much more in the way of extras than in my stripper Macan Turbo.

While I love my CTT my wife now has a new Ford Flex (our second and we love it) so the need for space is gone and given that I have a fear of owning the CTT out of warranty I may be looking at an Alfa Romeo Stelvio (lease). This would also serve to cut my payment in half which could pave the way for a 991.1.

Getting back to your original concern about space, I think you will find the Macan to be much smaller when it comes to adults in the back seat for any length of time.

Quick Reply: Any Macan Owners Have "size regret"?