Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Too Front plate , or not?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 07:38 PM
mrhebert
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 48 Posts

Hope you guys aren't coming home from a nice dinner with your wife and get pulled over for no front license and the cop asks, "have you had anything to drink tonight sir"? Don't give them a chance. We usually have a cocktail or wine with dinner, don't we?
Old 04-10-2018, 04:26 PM
khiroshima
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^ This
No reason to give a cop a reason to pull you over for a mechanical, as that alone is probable cause in CA. KH
Old 04-11-2018, 01:17 PM
bwiele
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I bought the Universal Front License Plate bracket from Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets. I haven't mounted it yet because it's recommended that it be installed when the temps are 70-100 degrees for better adhesion. It looks like it will fit very nicely and hold the plate in the same position as the stock plate bracket (centered, not like the tow hook versions). Easy to put on/take off. The weather this weekend should be warm enough for the first time so I can put it on. I'll post up some pix if anyone is interested.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:00 PM
ducktails
Racer

Received 443 Likes on 177 Posts

I tried the Rennline tow hook plate (specified for Macan) on my GTS and I literally couldn't find a single configuration/position that didn't drive the front parking sensors bananas

Before I rage quit and just get holes drilled in the bumper by the dealer, I don't suppose anyone who got theirs working is willing to share their secret in terms of positioning, angling etc?
Old 04-12-2018, 01:10 PM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by bwiele
I bought the Universal Front License Plate bracket from Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets. I haven't mounted it yet because it's recommended that it be installed when the temps are 70-100 degrees for better adhesion. It looks like it will fit very nicely and hold the plate in the same position as the stock plate bracket (centered, not like the tow hook versions). Easy to put on/take off. The weather this weekend should be warm enough for the first time so I can put it on. I'll post up some pix if anyone is interested.
I was looking at that one or the Skene. Please keep us updated with how the install goes and how sturdy it is.
Old 04-13-2018, 05:35 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 679 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by schwarz991
I tried the Rennline tow hook plate (specified for Macan) on my GTS and I literally couldn't find a single configuration/position that didn't drive the front parking sensors bananas

Before I rage quit and just get holes drilled in the bumper by the dealer, I don't suppose anyone who got theirs working is willing to share their secret in terms of positioning, angling etc?
I got mine to work. First, flip it upside down from how Rennline shows it mounted on their site. The cluster of holes on bottom, clean space on top. Now you use the second row of holes from top down (pretty much center of the plate) and count 3 holes over from the RIGHT to left. From the right side, it should be two holes over and you mount from the third and fourth holes in what is now the second row of holes.

Quick Reply: Too Front plate , or not?