Macan 2014-Current

Help with how tall the Macan is / air suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 12:44 PM
mts
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Help with how tall the Macan is / air suspension

I've started looking at Macan's and am hoping someone can point me in the right direction relating to the suspension options. I will have to park the Macan under another vehicle on a 2 post lift. As a result I am height limited. From what I can find, I think all the Macan variants will work, but just barely and it would be nice to have a little wiggle room. My understanding is the GTS will be the lowest option, followed by other variants with the air suspension option (which I read is still 10mm higher than the GTS even on the lowest setting), followed by the sport suspension variants.

Have I understood that correctly?
Old 01-06-2018, 01:11 PM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

That is my understanding as well. Can you get to a dealer to measure the GTS yourself? If not I can measure mine for you later this afternoon.
Old 01-06-2018, 05:18 PM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 69 Posts

Have you tried using the configurator to spec out a car and looking at the technical specs in the summary? The height, width, etc. should be in there.

Also don't order the roof rails as that adds 1.5"-2" or so to the height.
Old 01-06-2018, 05:22 PM
mts
Rennlist Member

I'm probably buying used, but the configurator is a good idea. I will look at that. At full suspension droop on the lifted car I have exactly 64" of clearance so this will be really close. Yes, definitely no roof rails.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:08 PM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

To be precise, the OEM roof rails only add 3/8” overall height to the Macan. The roof center crests upward and the rails are at the outer edge of the sloping roof. (This doesn’t consider the optional raised crossbars.) And my GTS, in lower riding mode, with OEM 20” wheels and tires, measures 63 5/8” tall if one draws a level between the roofrails.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:14 AM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 427 Likes on 271 Posts

No matter what factory wheel/tire set-up, there should be no difference with respect to affecting ride height. Otherwise, there would be speedometer error. FWIW, I just measured our Turbo equipped with H&R lowering springs. Height is 62 inches.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:13 AM
PSEE
Pro

Received 88 Likes on 71 Posts

Even in an AS equipped Macan, when the vehicle is shut off, the compressor (I believe) does not keep
the vehicle in the ride height position last selected. If set to Low before the vehicle is switched off, that
low setting is not retained,

I would not count on AS to keep the MAcan in a particular ride height setting - beyond its 'parked', vehicle
off position.

Good luck!
Old 02-07-2018, 09:21 AM
wdt
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NC TRACKRAT
No matter what factory wheel/tire set-up, there should be no difference with respect to affecting ride height. Otherwise, there would be speedometer error. FWIW, I just measured our Turbo equipped with H&R lowering springs. Height is 62 inches.
NC Trackrat, Please allow me to pick your brain on your Macan spring change.
I am considering putting H&R springs on my 2016 Macan Turbo non pasm car. 21" Sport Classic wheels. It's my wife's car and I am just trying to firm it up a little and improve the stance. Set it apart a little, lots of Macan's here in east TN.
- Are you happy with the ride quality?
- I am being quoted $1500 to change springs and re-align, not including springs, labor only, does this sound about right?
- did you do spacers and if so please share front/back thickness?
- if spacers were used, did you use H&R? I used RSS on my '17 Panamera 4S and impressed with workmanship but I don't see them offering Macan spacers.

any other thoughts/comments are appreciated.

Dale
Knoxville, TN
Old 02-07-2018, 10:59 AM
rosen39
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Is the lift at it's full height, or are you limited by the ceiling hitting the car on the lift?
If the lift is at it's full height, you might consider having 1" plate steel spacers and longer bolts to put under the post legs (if possible).
Old 02-07-2018, 11:42 AM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 427 Likes on 271 Posts

Dale-
Sending you a PM rather than intrude on this thread.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:59 PM
mts
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rosen39
Is the lift at it's full height, or are you limited by the ceiling hitting the car on the lift?
If the lift is at it's full height, you might consider having 1" plate steel spacers and longer bolts to put under the post legs (if possible).
It's a 2 post so that is full height to the bottom of the tires considering full settled out suspension droop on the car above. I could put (and sometimes do) put hockey pucks between the lift arms and the jack points to get additional height but it's a pain because the car is really low and I have to jack it up to get the lift arms under it when I do. I'll probably just stick with the GTS and I should be fine.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:23 PM
rosen39
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Consider making four 2" x 10" board drive up ramps with a beveled edge. this would allow you to get the hockey pucks on the arms without jacking up each corner. Does each arm have an adjustable threaded pad? At work, all our two post lifts have threaded pads, and spacers if we are lifting up a pickup or tall SUV.

Last edited by rosen39; 02-07-2018 at 02:30 PM. Reason: add pic

Quick Reply: Help with how tall the Macan is / air suspension