Macan 2014-Current

Anyone have a Cobbtuning Accessport

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 11:56 PM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 226 Posts
Default Anyone have a Cobbtuning Accessport

Curious if anyone can help me to understand some more about what I can and can't do with the Accessport (model AP3-POR-009). Can I borrow someones to upload the tune or is it associated with one VIN at a time? Curious if I should even bother with a used one.

The GTS is looking for some updates
Old 09-01-2017, 11:51 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by redmonkey928
Curious if anyone can help me to understand some more about what I can and can't do with the Accessport (model AP3-POR-009). Can I borrow someones to upload the tune or is it associated with one VIN at a time? Curious if I should even bother with a used one.

The GTS is looking for some updates

The accessport marries itself with the car. Only way to use somebodies on your Macan is to have them uninstall the tune from their Macan. Then the accessport can be used to install it on yours. Cobb does have a 30 day guarantee, so you can buy and try. If you buy a used one you need to make sure the original owner uninstalled the tune, otherwise the unit is dead to you.
Old 09-05-2017, 05:05 PM
macanakey
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd B
The accessport marries itself with the car. Only way to use somebodies on your Macan is to have them uninstall the tune from their Macan. Then the accessport can be used to install it on yours. Cobb does have a 30 day guarantee, so you can buy and try. If you buy a used one you need to make sure the original owner uninstalled the tune, otherwise the unit is dead to you.
Agreed, except for the dead to you part. I believe that you can have Cobb link it to a new VIN, but they charge a hefty sum to do that, so unless you're sure that a used Cobb has been uninstalled from its first mate, you're better off buying a new one.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:14 PM
CayenneTTS
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I have one on my macan turbo, i asked cobb the same question before ordering and it can be used on more then one car but just not at once.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a Cobbtuning Accessport