Macan 2014-Current

New 2017 Macan, traded in Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 09:49 AM
bcbeak
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2017 Macan, traded in Cayenne

Actually .. purchased a CPO 2017 Base Macan with 5k on her. Traded in a 2009 Cayenne. Wow what a difference. When the Macan first came out .. all the write-ups described this as much more of a car than the Cayenne, and boy were they right. I loved the height and power of the Cayenne, but it was always sluggish and felt like a boat to me .. except for when you wanted to accelerate on the highway .. it would jump from 60 to 80 very easily to get by traffic.

The Macan feels like a sports car, not an SUV. I have often wondered what all the fuss was about regarding HP and acceleration. Now I get it .. and I can see why people want to invest in the more powerful models .. GTS and Turbo. The performance is incredible and makes you thirst for more.

One area where I think the Macan is not getting its due .. comfort and luxury. Everyone who has been in this car has been astonished at how plush and comfortable it is (Alcantra seats) .. and how smooth the ride is. This car floats over potholes with ease.

The electronics are also top notch .. and with Appleplay, bluetooth, SD cards, and Jukebox .. there are more than enough ways to listen to music through the stereo ... which IMHO is one of the best sounding factory setups I have ever had in a car.

Really love this car.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:25 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,542 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Welcome aboard!
Old 08-18-2017, 09:35 PM
fincher
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats. I love my Base.
Old 08-19-2017, 11:09 AM
seattle_sun
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also traded in my 2006 Cayenne for a base Macan. I'm surprised how quick the car is. So much faster than the Cayenne. The PDK and gearing ratios really let the little 4 cylinder shine! As the OP stated, the only area I feel it lacks power is passing at highway speeds.

Since the Macan is my 3rd car in a two driver family, I felt it hard to justify paying for a GTS. However, I didn't think that I would like the Macan so much and could see springing for the GTS in the future.

Quick Reply: New 2017 Macan, traded in Cayenne