Macan 2014-Current

Joining the club!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 12:24 PM
Xerxes480
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Joining the club!

Always wanted a Porsche, but with three kids, a 911 is not really an option at the moment. Placed an order for a Macan GTS, should be here in October. Looked hard at the Turbo, but the GTS seems like more bang for the buck.

Spec: PJ3W4TA9 (http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ3W4TA9)

Coming from a BMW M3, which I love. I know the Macan isn't the same level of performance, but I also like changing things up every few years....

Long time lurker,
-X-
Old 07-24-2017, 04:32 PM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 130 Posts

I also came from a long line of M3 ownership, the last being an E92. I do have a GT4 for weekends and nights out however I quite like the GTS a lot. It has more than enough power for the DD. And I think it looks damn good. I have also fallen in love with the air suspension. There is part of me that misses being in an M car. I have recently considered picking up an F80 and giving the Macan to the wife. They are fun cars no doubt but I think you'll find the fit and finish for a daily driver to be superior with Porsche.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:58 AM
Xerxes480
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by richardbf
I also came from a long line of M3 ownership, the last being an E92. I do have a GT4 for weekends and nights out however I quite like the GTS a lot. It has more than enough power for the DD. And I think it looks damn good. I have also fallen in love with the air suspension. There is part of me that misses being in an M car. I have recently considered picking up an F80 and giving the Macan to the wife. They are fun cars no doubt but I think you'll find the fit and finish for a daily driver to be superior with Porsche.
I'm currently in an F80 - it is a fantastic car. The only knock, IMHO, is that the exhaust note leaves a lot to be desired. I slapped an M Performance exhaust on and that greatly improved things (although my neighbors probably hate me).

Can't wait for the Macan to arrive!

-X-
Old 07-25-2017, 12:54 PM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 130 Posts

Hey I just noticed you're in Redmond! I just moved to Newcastle from Michigan and know like 3 folks. Be my acquaintance, lets talk about cars! lol

Quick Reply: Joining the club!