Sponsored by:

WTB Bosch M4 ABS for 991 Cup

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 09:28 PM
trader247
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default WTB Bosch M4 ABS for 991 Cup

I am looking to buy a Bosch M4 ABS system for my 991 Cup. I am about to pull the trigger for a system and figured I would do a quick ask here just in case someone had a system they were not using or you took it off to run a spec class. I am a buyer right away, just send me a PM and I will get back to you right away.

Also, if anyone knows the best place to buy a system, please post it here and I am sure it would be a help to others looking for an ABS system.

So far, seems like the best pricing for a retail system is from Autometrics Motorsports, any comments on that system would be appreciated. I am told their system may not have the balance adjustments, not sure? Please chime in with any comments.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 06-26-2017, 11:18 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Im going to be selling my basically new Teves Pro ABS (same as installed on the 997 GT3R and many 997 World Challenge Cars)

Will sell with custom wiring harness and all sensors needed to plug and play.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:29 PM
FLA997
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mobonic
Im going to be selling my basically new Teves Pro ABS (same as installed on the 997 GT3R and many 997 World Challenge Cars)
This is a really good setup - and rarely will you find any ABS system used.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:41 PM
trader247
Instructor

Thanks. PM sent.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:09 AM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why selling ?
Old 06-27-2017, 07:05 AM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

The Teves system is great. Installs nicely, is a bit more stand alone than the Bosch setup. both have motorsports military grade harnesses and nice features. I would think all come with adjustable settings, though I think with the Teves, we had to buy a third party adjuster and then based on the values from that adjuster it would send the value to the system ie 1 to 9; whereas I think the bosch just comes with it out of the gate. I personally found the bosch the very top of the line, but also top of the line pricing. I think pricing has come down from like 12 to like 8.
if you wanted to seek used units, one suggestion would be to go to racecarsdirect and post a WTB. I think all those 991s in like supercup and one of those other series allow it and they all have them. I looked at a few 991s from over there, and literally all had it, and they put them in and pull out like water.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:00 AM
coryf
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by trader247
I am looking to buy a Bosch M4 ABS system for my 991 Cup. I am about to pull the trigger for a system and figured I would do a quick ask here just in case someone had a system they were not using or you took it off to run a spec class. I am a buyer right away, just send me a PM and I will get back to you right away.

Also, if anyone knows the best place to buy a system, please post it here and I am sure it would be a help to others looking for an ABS system.

So far, seems like the best pricing for a retail system is from Autometrics Motorsports, any comments on that system would be appreciated. I am told their system may not have the balance adjustments, not sure? Please chime in with any comments.

Thanks,

Chris
When you mention "balance adjustment" do you mean the ABS position switch? If so, all the M4 systems include the adjustment switch to change the calibration/settings. The switch can be removed to "lock" it in one setting if desired.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:24 AM
trader247
Instructor

Originally Posted by coryf
When you mention "balance adjustment" do you mean the ABS position switch? If so, all the M4 systems include the adjustment switch to change the calibration/settings. The switch can be removed to "lock" it in one setting if desired.
Yes. The switch is what I am referring to. Should have said setting adjustments. I have noticed that there were a few different Bosh systems offered by the other vendors and was not sure if it was the adjustment setting capabilities that were different, or simply the length of the wiring harness that hadn't been custom sized? Also, I read that the slip can be adjusted/unlocked for like traction control?
Old 06-27-2017, 06:46 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine has the 12 position switch and connects to motec to show you which setting you are in on the motec dash.

Quick Reply: WTB Bosch M4 ABS for 991 Cup