Sponsored by:

Attention "stock" Cup Car 'West Coast" racers

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 02:11 AM
MikeGT
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 19 Posts

Don't assume...

Actually, I'm a bit clueless when it comes to outside my own racing group. I don't want to disclose the sellers name, but it's a 2012 with 30 hours.
You think the Enz's and Brandon will keep their cars stock? I have no interest in the GT classes as I don't want to cut up my car.
I'll find you (241) at BW. Let's talk, as I have some ideas on how to grow a "stock" cup car class.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:11 AM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeGT
Don't assume...

Actually, I'm a bit clueless when it comes to outside my own racing group. I don't want to disclose the sellers name, but it's a 2012 with 30 hours.
You think the Enz's and Brandon will keep their cars stock? I have no interest in the GT classes as I don't want to cut up my car.
I'll find you (241) at BW. Let's talk, as I have some ideas on how to grow a "stock" cup car class.
Good deal Mike. I will see you then. We certainly need ideas.

FWIW, I agree with not cutting up or messing in any way with the 2012 Cup. This is why I suggested just driving it in GT1 as is (or GT2 with a little weight). I suspect you will still be quite competitive overall. However, I also suspect that you are not interested in running around by yourself in class. I wasn't.

I don't know what the others will do with their cups. I suspect if you speak to them you may be able to talk them into running GTC-5 along with Loren. I am not sure if 124 or 465 are/can be GTC legal, but that would make 5+ or 6+. Let me know if you need contact information.

With the Pro teams now moving to the 991 we should begin to see more 997.2 cups in club. Maybe getting a start with 5+ in class will cause a resurgence.

Also, Yokohama pays a tire contingency at 3 cars in GT1-3 so you can at least cut your tire budget while you wait.

In the interim, move the GT4 car to GT3 and let us chase you around.

Cheers,

Last edited by Krokodil; 06-18-2015 at 03:35 PM.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:56 AM
neuroguru
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm in CA and interested in a stock West Coast Cup Series and just picked up a 7.2 Cup from Faieta. However, I am going to tarmac rally it for a while, so won't be in for a couple years, but will watch with great interest as the 7.2s emerge for club racing.
Old 06-18-2015, 04:27 PM
mehoff
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeGT
Don't assume...

I doubt it...I think they were delivered Pirelli spec, so the dampers were almost definitely swapped out.

Not sure where your concern about guys cutting up their cups stems from. I've only seen a few with GA hips and the only R/RSR bodied cars (2) I know of went to a GA 3.8/4.0 engine to match.

I think most of the updates these cars are getting are roof height wing, dampers, ABS and RSR uprights for the more spendy guys (and some cayman drivers ). Question is what do you consider stock; I'm not sure you're going to love the tire budget running 240 slicks up front without ABS.

But hey, my only experience with cups is running into them.
Old 06-18-2015, 04:43 PM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

... the uprights are .1 Cup, not .2 or RSR, but my wallet gets your point

Cheers,
Old 07-02-2015, 04:07 AM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Attention "stock" Cup Car 'West Coast" racers

I'd love to race a 7.2 cup but agree the competition has looked lackluster on west coast. Sounds like potential for some momentum. Let's talk at BW mike
Old 07-02-2015, 10:55 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Mike if you start showing up with your cup other's will follow. With the addition of the Enz's new cup purchases there's now several late model cups around. Burnham's 12' cup may have ABS but stock other than that and he will be BW. If you can talk Robert D. into running more than once a year then you could have 5-6 GTC5 cars running POC with you and Loren....

There are other GTC5 cars in So Cal such as Jim Slavik and Tom Haacker who ran with us at Tribute, Chris Peterson, Jesse Metzger, Bob Rodriquez, and Albert Salvo. I would be happy to promote your concept with all these individuals and all the Pirelli cup drivers too. Let's work on a promotional letter I can send out for our Sept. 12-13 race at Cal Speedway. We could create a POC Invitational for the event....

As someone once said, build it and they will come.....
Old 07-02-2015, 05:44 PM
MikeGT
Racer

Sounds good John, let's talk at BW.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:55 PM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Attention "stock" Cup Car 'West Coast" racers

Missed the event. Any discussion on this guys?
Old 07-17-2015, 09:52 PM
MikeGT
Racer

Hoopumper (or any stock cup racer),
I have some ideas, pm me your email and I'll include you in on the concept and discuss.

Mike
Old 02-07-2018, 01:41 PM
neuroguru
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How did this "West Coast Stock Cup Series" pan out?
Old 02-07-2018, 02:54 PM
VID997
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Have you looked into PRC? << click on the PRC link to the left.

Quick Reply: Attention "stock" Cup Car 'West Coast" racers