Notices
Porsche Cup Cars
Sponsored by:

reading hours on the ECU/engine??

Old 02-12-2015, 01:27 PM
Fubawu
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default reading hours on the ECU/engine??

Hi
I was wondering if you could help me with hours on the ECU? I see a number on the dash that show XX hours. What does this indicate and how do I get total
hours on the chassis vs the motor etc?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Cheers
Old 02-12-2015, 03:11 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

thats a value in motec which is user-resettable? you can go in there and reset it yourself. you might use it as a counter for how many hours you put on the car over a weekend. and you can put it as a line in the dash at the bottom wher eyou can toggle through.
but, the full true engine hours is only maintained by the bosch ECU. that value is only resettable by Porsche when you send the engine, and ecu in for a rebuild. you can see it, print screen it, etc. using the Bosch Modas software found on their website and a bosch modas cable (aobut $1200). most good cup shops have a modas cable since you can actually make other changes like pit speed lane speed, or traction control items (R and RSR) within the modas software. its kind of old school dos-looking rather than fancy graphic windows, but it works.
many folk who have their motors rebuilt by non-porsche shops have to track the hours of the motor at rebuild by a non-PMNA shop, since the engine hours in the ECU cant be reset by anyone other than porsche, and thus, they have to add on those hours after the non porsche build to come to a true motor hours for non porsche builds.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:22 PM
MoTeC Joe
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fubawu
Hi
I was wondering if you could help me with hours on the ECU? I see a number on the dash that show XX hours. What does this indicate and how do I get total
hours on the chassis vs the motor etc?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Cheers
If you have a 997 GT3 Cup or have added a MoTeC dash to a 996 GT3 Cup, you have the capability of 4 definable engine logs as Steve has pointed out. I usually setup the Engine Log 1 to RPM>0 as total running hours. Engine Log 2 is usually RPM>5000 AND Throttle Position greater than 70% for hours at song. Engine Log 3 is RPM>8500 for the no-no hours and Engine Log 4 can be for anything else. You can get creative here, you are limited only to your imagination...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: reading hours on the ECU/engine??