Sponsored by:

Mission Foods GT3 Cup Trophy USA by Car Amigo 2015

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 01:38 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 446 Likes on 201 Posts

Hi Juan,

I actually know Ken pretty well and discussed the series a bit with him when we bumped into each other at Petit LeMan this year. I'm very interested in running in the series next year as the tracks are very close to me here in S. Florida.

I must decide on a car though, Cup or Cayman and which one. The website really needs to post the racing weights for the various engines to help people decide what to drive.

I know you have nothing to do with any of that but I thought posting here is better than calling Ken direct and hopefully the public forum brings more attention to the series and thus more drivers.

Think we could get Ken to participate on line in the discussion? I should see him this Saturday as I am running my 996 street conversion at PBIR in the new series called Super ATCS (spin off from FARRA) I'll ask him.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:42 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 37 Posts

Hey, great idea!

I have asked him to look in here so he can provide answers.

Super ATCS? Any info you can share? ervikingo at gmail.com I have looked at FARRA but I don't think I have the right cars to race with them.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:23 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 446 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Juan Lopez
Hey, great idea! I have asked him to look in here so he can provide answers. Super ATCS? Any info you can share? ervikingo at gmail.com I have looked at FARRA but I don't think I have the right cars to race with them.
It's a new series, first race event was on Saturday. Founder is Edgar Rodriguez and he is sub-leasing track time from Performance Driving Group during their DE events. They have a bunch of dates planned in 2015 but only at PBIR and Homestead.

We had a 15 minute practice, 15 minute Quali, and 2 races scheduled for 30 minutes each. First one seemed to end early but second one was a full session that started at 5:40pm, so essentially a night race. They had the track lit up except for the back corner (Shane's Esses), very dark back there! But certainly not as dark as Sebring.

No real competition to speak of yet. I quailed in the 1:24s and had 4-5 seconds on the next fastest car in the field. Only one other car in class with me, a 350Z, then 9 Hondas who presumably had good racing together. Good low key fun, I'll do more with them, but not the kind of series you or I are really after.

Ken was not there on Saturday, I'll give him a ring this week.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:08 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 37 Posts

Thanks for the feedback!

Quick Reply: Mission Foods GT3 Cup Trophy USA by Car Amigo 2015