Sponsored by:

COTA F1 fan experience

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 12:02 PM
boothkc
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default COTA F1 fan experience

Well all I can say is amazing. I really wish I had the "attachments" to drive PC. there.. finishing last would have been enough thrill.

The track and facilities are very fan friendly. Flow and walk ability are great crowds big but well handled. They will need more food and beer vendors as well as potties but given it was a field a year ago A++++. Austin fan street fair similar to Montreal and will grow to be as good.

Parking and traffic no problem. we had preferred pass to lot F which was 10' walk to our seats at T15.... easy cheesy. No long lines or traffic really for friday or saturday. Longest wait was leaving the race and about 25' to major highway so very mild.

Reminds me a lot of Barcelona track where you can walk around it all and see the corners as opposed to Montreal where it gets sectioned off. No trees or forest (eg Monza) ,to obstruct views etc. Great spectator experience. Our only peeve was we couldn't access the pit area for the PC, FC, and Historic F1 cars like u can in Montreal..... that would be nice.

Texans are wonderful and everyone put 150% into making this a special friendly fan focused event.

So well done! can't wait for next year!

cheers
Kevin

Quick Reply: COTA F1 fan experience