Sponsored by:

2014 991 GT3 Cup caught testing

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 01:34 AM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by McRae
Doublechecked for you, brand new gearbox, clean sheet design.
I hope Porsche doesn't do their R&D on the wallets of the people driving them for the first 2-3 years like the first sequential....
Old 08-03-2012, 12:20 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 114 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by PedroNole
I hope Porsche doesn't do their R&D on the wallets of the people driving them for the first 2-3 years like the first sequential....
Would you expect anything less from them?

Actually, given who I think is making it, I suspect it will be pretty well sorted the first time out. I'll give you a hint. I think it is the same people who make my crownwheel and pinion sets for me.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:00 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GTgears
Actually, given who I think is making it, I suspect it will be pretty well sorted the first time out. I'll give you a hint. I think it is the same people who make my crownwheel and pinion sets for me.
Even so, I'm willing to bet that the decrease in Copans' business in the last couple of years will end about 3 months after they introduce the new gear box. It's one thing to design a good box and another to see how it works in actual race application...
Old 08-03-2012, 04:04 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 114 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by PedroNole
Even so, I'm willing to bet that the decrease in Copans' business in the last couple of years will end about 3 months after they introduce the new gear box. It's one thing to design a good box and another to see how it works in actual race application...
PMNA sent one of their builders for training in Europe about 6 months ago. I think the decrease in Copans business is permanent, but it is not related to gearbox design or durability.

Quick Reply: 2014 991 GT3 Cup caught testing